X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronze Tiger View Post
    Quick question: You guys said that Mountainous Spirit Expression was getting a bit of an upgrade in its final version. Any hints as to what it will look like?
    It's more of a minor tweak than a major power upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Lanic View Post
    Do you have to move one range band in order to use Thunderbolt Attack Prana or is it optional?
    It's not optional.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaximander View Post

Does this mean that Karvara was not acquired using the gate?
    While I don't think Karvara's write-up 100% states that it didn't come through the gate, that wasn't what I had in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Lanic
    replied
    Do you have to move one range band in order to use Thunderbolt Attack Prana or is it optional?

Leave a comment:

• Anaximander
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

The gate has been sealed since long before the Divine Revolution. Insofar as anyone in Heaven knows it exists, it's little more than a historical curiosity. Some may even only know of it through Palanquin's legends, believing it to actually be a defunct gate to Yu-Shan.

This doesn't rule out the possibility that someone assigned a spirit to guard it in ancient days, but actually keeping tabs on any such guard isn't a high priority.
    Does this mean that Karvara was not acquired using the gate?

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Edit: Deleted
    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 02-16-2020, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Minton
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichos View Post
    Factory-cathedrals are a well-known and evocative part of the setting, but the ability to mass-produce artifacts flies in the face of how 3e is trying to present them. Have you guys had any discussions about what factory-cathedrals could do, or allow crafters to do to update them? Or are they likely to wind up dropped from the setting?
    in 3e, something called a "factory-cathedral" would probably have been a facility designed specifically to support the crafting of individual artifacts.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Minton
    replied
    Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
    The people of Palanquin think that their gate is to Heaven, but presumably Heaven knows that's not true. Do they know where it DOES lead, though? And do they keep any sort of special eye on it to make sure no one somehow uses it... or something comes out from the other side?
    The gate has been sealed since long before the Divine Revolution. Insofar as anyone in Heaven knows it exists, it's little more than a historical curiosity. Some may even only know of it through Palanquin's legends, believing it to actually be a defunct gate to Yu-Shan.

This doesn't rule out the possibility that someone assigned a spirit to guard it in ancient days, but actually keeping tabs on any such guard isn't a high priority.

Leave a comment:

• Nichos
    replied
    Factory-cathedrals are a well-known and evocative part of the setting, but the ability to mass-produce artifacts flies in the face of how 3e is trying to present them. Have you guys had any discussions about what factory-cathedrals could do, or allow crafters to do to update them? Or are they likely to wind up dropped from the setting?

Leave a comment:

• Bronze Tiger
    replied
    Quick question: You guys said that Mountainous Spirit Expression was getting a bit of an upgrade in its final version. Any hints as to what it will look like?

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    The Terrestrial Keyword for Single Point's Blinding Nova Flare seems like the wording is off. It's a difficulty 5 gambit, which, if successful, gives a penalty to the defender equal to the number of successes rolled, max -5.

You need 5 successes to make the gambit successful, no? So it automatically gives -5? Or is it extra successes that add the penalty?

Leave a comment:

• Anaximander
    replied
    The people of Palanquin think that their gate is to Heaven, but presumably Heaven knows that's not true. Do they know where it DOES lead, though? And do they keep any sort of special eye on it to make sure no one somehow uses it... or something comes out from the other side?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Myckou View Post
    How would the Solar Larceny Charm Master Plan Meditation's distort, erase, and destroy evidence options interact with the Dragonblooded Investigation Charm A Face in the Fog? Would A Face in the Fog count as evidence that could be distorted with it? It's rolled against Conceal Evidence but isn't actual evidence. Would Master Plan Meditation even be usable against A Face in the Fog?
    Given how the sidebar on Master Plan Meditation discusses what distorting/destroying/erasing evidence means in terms of what the Solar actually does, I don't think it should be able to work against the supernatural perception of A Face in the Fog.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by reseru View Post
    What is it about Umbals that make their play style, narratively or mechanically, compelling? I feel like I know the least about them because Hearteaters seem a fan-favorite already, and Dream-souls seem interesting because they’re so mysterious, relating to dreams or the Wyld and how Sidereala view them.

In what ways are Umbrals more than just people with an inner evil side or whatever?
    The inner struggle has always been a compelling narrative, whether it's the classic literary conflict of Protagonist vs. Self or just the day-to-day existence of "I have to do this thing, but my brain is a horrible goblin shrieking at me, and I simply do not have the cope to thwack the goblin with a stick and shove it into a basement today." It's always had a prominent place in Exalted, with the Great Curse, but Umbrals spotlight that conflict even more, bringing it to the forefront of the play experience and integrating it throughout their Charms.

Leave a comment:

• Myckou
    replied
    How would the Solar Larceny Charm Master Plan Meditation's distort, erase, and destroy evidence options interact with the Dragonblooded Investigation Charm A Face in the Fog? Would A Face in the Fog count as evidence that could be distorted with it? It's rolled against Conceal Evidence but isn't actual evidence. Would Master Plan Meditation even be usable against A Face in the Fog?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X