This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
    would it be acceptable to chimerize the armoured kraken and a venomous octopus to grant the kraken a venomous attack?
    They're both animals, and there's plenty of venom-related mutations you could apply.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
      Does the decisive counterattack from Laughing Monster Form count initiative stolen by the mastery effect of Hearing the Hearts Song?
      Yes it does.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there any chance of us seeing Cobra Style make a return in 3e?

I suppose you can get some of the same concepts with styles we've already got (Snake + Centipede gets you halfway there, and Agony-of-One-Hundred-Hells Technique is already pretty reminiscent of Touch of Finality). But there were some other interesting ideas there, and you can never have too many weird martial arts.

Comment

• With the Protean keyword which animal gets what Merits suddenly becomes a much bigger balance concern. Can we assume that the animals in the Lunars book that lack certain Merits that would make sense for them based on their real world abilities do so for balance reasons or is there room for nerdy animal-lover feedback?
          I'm mostly asking because I noticed Moths and Bees/Wasps lacking the Keen Nose Merit despite their extremely good sense of smell (with Giant male Silk Moths being a serious contender for best sense of smell in the animal kingdom), and waterfowl lacking a speed bonus despite counting some of the top 10 fastest level flight bird species among their numbers (Red Breasted Mergansers having been reported at speeds up to 100mph)

My custom legacy (2e)- The Disciples of Rathma - Life/Death focused Moros/Thyrsus Legacy, comments appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
            Is there any chance of us seeing Cobra Style make a return in 3e?

I suppose you can get some of the same concepts with styles we've already got (Snake + Centipede gets you halfway there, and Agony-of-One-Hundred-Hells Technique is already pretty reminiscent of Touch of Finality). But there were some other interesting ideas there, and you can never have too many weird martial arts.
            I wouldn't say a great one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker View Post
              With the Protean keyword which animal gets what Merits suddenly becomes a much bigger balance concern. Can we assume that the animals in the Lunars book that lack certain Merits that would make sense for them based on their real world abilities do so for balance reasons or is there room for nerdy animal-lover feedback?
              I'm mostly asking because I noticed Moths and Bees/Wasps lacking the Keen Nose Merit despite their extremely good sense of smell (with Giant male Silk Moths being a serious contender for best sense of smell in the animal kingdom), and waterfowl lacking a speed bonus despite counting some of the top 10 fastest level flight bird species among their numbers (Red Breasted Mergansers having been reported at speeds up to 100mph)
              There is definitely room for that kind of feedback. There's an unofficial feedback collection here.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do Excellencies count for the 4 mental attribute charms required for Terrestrial Circle Sorcery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monghani View Post
                  Do Excellencies count for the 4 mental attribute charms required for Terrestrial Circle Sorcery?
                  No. Unless you have to buy them like Dragon-Blooded do, Excellencies don't count as Charms for prerequisite purposes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a Lunar without Moonsilver Tattoos gets hit by a shaping effect that turns them into an animal or some other form, can they use their shapeshifting to get out of that situation?

Also, if a character is turned into an animal via a shaping effect/curse, does this disable their martial arts charms?
                    Last edited by ReshyShira; 03-23-2019, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Shadow-Hands Invocation states that a sorcerer can flurry a Shape Sorcery action with a nonattack action, does this prevent the use of the Full Defense action in conjunction?

Comment

• So you've mentioned that Hearteaters, Umbrals, and Dream-souled don't have castes. Do any of them have equivalents to Caste Marks, or otherwise stylized symbols that can be used to immediately identify them?

Comment

• I haven’t found it anywhere, but are there aspects favored by the Prasad houses?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                          Many Limbed Manual
                          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• For Monarch-Wing Migration, can it be used with flying vehicles, escpecially those created by spells? And if so, does the Lunar have to be the one to have cast the spell or is it enough to be the one telling it which direction to go?

How do you visualize the impossible shortcuts provided by Treading Midnight's Road when used with ships or flying transports? I like the charm, but have no idea how I would describe what happens in-game when a lunar in bird form flying a direct path between two points uses it.

How does Treading Midnight's Road interact with taking the same path lots of times? Say a Lunar sneaking small groups of freed slave kids out of a city to a specific place, are the shortcuts created by the charm different every time or can the Lunar reuse them by the 15th time she does the trip, possibly reducing the charm's cost?

Can really noone outside the travelling party know about the intended destination? It feels like it would still fit the themes of the charm to allow a Lunar bring those slave kids to a prearranged meeting point where her Solar Mate picks them up with his ship and brings them to safety.

What about Treading Midnight's Road and powers/artifacts that allow some other character to always know your location. If your Familiar or bonded Solar has such an ability/charm, does that make Treading Midnight's Road unusable unless they are part of the traveling party? Does an Infallible Messenger count as tracking you for the purpose of removing the charm's effects?

Many birds can sleep while flying, can you use Bear Sleep Technique with them and stay aloft for the duration?

Does transforming into an animal automatically stop the effects of any disease that cannot affect that type of animal?

Whats the Perception Penalty for seeing underwater that you get to ignore with Nictitating Membrane, and shouldn't other, fully aquatic animals get to ignore that penalty as well? (Also, in the real world Nictitating Membrane is for protection, not to improve underwater vision and can be found in a wide variety of species from reptiles, over mammals, amphibians, and fish, to birds. A reduced penalty to vision from wind or water borne debris seems much closer to its function)

The Core only gives a Speed Bonus for animals that "can be used as mounts", but thanks to their ability to drastically change their size Lunars expand that list by a lot. Any chance you could add the speed bonus to animal stats even when the animal is to small to be a mount for a human? Or maybe some guidelines for estimating speed bonuses for when the Lunar becomes small and wants to ride their Cheetah/Duck/Housecat Familiar into battle against the Wyld Hunt.
                            Last edited by Joker; 03-23-2019, 06:29 AM.

My custom legacy (2e)- The Disciples of Rathma - Life/Death focused Moros/Thyrsus Legacy, comments appreciated

Comment

• Something came to mind, but if you're shapeshifted into an animal form with a merit/special that gives you bonus dice, but your human form's die pool is larger, does the merit's bonus dice apply to your human form's dice pool, and does it count as charm dice?

Comment

• Question 1:

The core includes two types of ways to track ammunition use. The first is counting every arrow or knife used and the second is making ammunition checks every five rounds or so. Charms such as Needle Quill Technique or Phantom Arrow Technique that create ammunition only refer to the first way of tracking ammunition.

How should they be used if you are using the ammunition check method of tracking ammunition use?

Question 2:

You mentioned in the My Reaction to Lilith thread that there were issues with Rakan Thulio's previous depictions and that you were going to change them. I haven't followed a lot of Words of Devs, so this is the first that I've heard about it. I know that you can't give concrete details about what Rakan's deal is before Sidereals or maybe Getimeans, but could you give some hints about how he's moved away from his previous portrayal?

There's a nasty history of pulpy stories treating LGBTQIA people badly, and there's an echo of that in how Rakan's reaction to a man not being interested in him was to both arrange his death and curse his reincarnations. It was especially bad how the narration calls out his love as twisted and not like real love. I'd really appreciate knowing that that had changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X