X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fiikragg View Post

Sorry i just ment as a quick guide / thread online here
    It's possible—I have thought of going through character creation and making a Lunar as a blog post—but it's heavily dependent on us having free time for Exalted, which doesn't currently seem likely.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post

I very much agree with this, but do you also agree that it's good as an idea of what an Exalted story can look like?
      It's definitely got some elements—the returning hero finding that the land has fallen into disarray while he's slumbered.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Riddleback View Post
        Can a soul stolen by a sorcerer with a bargain with Mara be seen by spirit detecting glance?
        No. If you want to spot those, you'll need something like All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

I appreciate the answer, but I just want to be clear to my original question about Unchained Monster Death-Rage. So with that end condition, would Unchained Monster Death-Rage end when the Lunar was crashed? Or after 3 rounds of crash? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out how to run this fight.
          Under the current iteration, you have to first crash them, and then make sure they aren't able to come out of crash by getting above Initiative 0 for those three rounds of crash, after which Unchained Monster Death-Rage ends when they reset.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            It's definitely got some elements—the returning hero finding that the land has fallen into disarray while he's slumbered.
            I like the Sheikah tech for First Age stuff.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• For Rampaging God-Monster Empowerment, I want to be clear on the reroll mechanics when used against a crashed enemy: If, after you've rerolled all 1's until they cease to appear, one of your (Essence) failed dice comes up as a 1, would you not get to reroll it for free using the prior reroll mechanic? I have two different readings in my head for the "before" used there, either chronologically or as a way to convey that 1s rerolled during the damage roll don't count toward the (Essence) limit.

Also, when a Charm says that the Exalt "rerolls 1s" without specifying "until they cease to appear" (or any other caveat, for that matter), is "until they cease to appear" implied or should it be read that only those 1s from the original roll are to be rerolled?
              Last edited by Mynorin; 04-13-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Under the current iteration, you have to first crash them, and then make sure they aren't able to come out of crash by getting above Initiative 0 for those three rounds of crash, after which Unchained Monster Death-Rage ends when they reset.
                Thank you very much for the clarification.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Mynorin View Post
                  For Rampaging God-Monster Empowerment, I want to be clear on the reroll mechanics when used against a crashed enemy: If, after you've rerolled all 1's until they cease to appear, one of your (Essence) failed dice comes up as a 1, would you not get to reroll it for free using the prior reroll mechanic? I have two different readings in my head for the "before" used there, either chronologically or as a way to convey that 1s rerolled during the damage roll don't count toward the (Essence) limit.
                  You reroll all 1s that show up, and they don't count towards your limit.

Also, when a Charm says that the Exalt "rerolls 1s" without specifying "until they cease to appear" (or any other caveat, for that matter), is "until they cease to appear" implied or should it be read that only those 1s from the original roll are to be rerolled?
                  If not specified, assume it means "until they cease to appear." We use it to be as clear as possible, not because there's a substantive difference.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it just me or is Flowing Body Evasion, the Lunar "perfect dodge" in the backer pdf, missing a per-scene restriction (and reset condition)? The parry equivalent right beneath it has one, and FBE seems very strong to be an at-will effect.

Comment

You reroll all 1s that show up, and they don't count towards your limit.

If not specified, assume it means "until they cease to appear." We use it to be as clear as possible, not because there's a substantive difference.
                      Thanks for the clarification. On a sort-of-related note:

When a Charm forces an opponent to reroll all their success dice (or even just some of them, I suppose), I assume they would still have access to any special doubles rules and any "reroll X's until X's cease to appear' effects on the rerolled successes. However, would they still get to use any leftover limited rerolls?

For example, an Essence 4 Lunar with Rampaging God-Monster Empowerment active rolls decisive damage against a non-crashed Solar. The Lunar rolls super well, only getting 2 non-success dice, which then reroll into successes, leaving 2 unused failure dice rerolls. The Solar then uses Ruin-Abasing Shrug to force them to reroll all their successes (all of their dice, in this case). Would the Lunar get to use their 2 leftover failure-rerolls on this damage reroll, or are they gone?

Comment

• So there's a line under the header for Melee weapons that states that heavy weapons require 3 strength. Does this apply to firewands? Additionally, firewands may be used as melee weapon if they have a bayonet. The book says to use the stats for a short spear. Does this mean to treat it as a medium weapon, or just to apply the tags of a short spear to a heavy template?

Comment

• Has anything changed between editions when it comes to the immaculate order?

Comment

• depth and details of immaculate involvement?

Comment

• What happens if I'm flying and I get knocked prone? What if I'm riding a horse or some other mount?

Comment

• How will workings involving necromancy differ from sorcery? It feels like sorcerous workings already cover stuff I would associate with necromancy (opening shadowlands and manipulating souls).

Comment

Working...
                                X