This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    You gain those mutations, but have to commit motes for that benefit, per the "Mutant Forms" sidebar.
    Are the mutations from Chimera-Soul Expression supposed to cost motes? It doesn't say they do but with other forms that come with mutations requiring extra motes I get unsure.
    Last edited by limaxophobiac; 04-27-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post

Are the mutations from Chimera-Soul Expression supposed to cost motes? It doesn't say they do but with other forms that come with mutations requiring extra motes I get unsure.
      No. That sidebar only applies to shapeshifting into beastfolk, Wyld mutants, and other forms that have Supernatural mutations bundled into them, not mutations conferred by your own magic.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Re: The Solar Exalted Resistance charm Wound-Knitting Exercise
        Does this charm shift the characters wounded health levels left as you heal them or is the cost of 1m per -0 health level deliberate?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered at an earlier juncture.

Comment

• The river dragons Death Roll savaging decisive attack says it benefits from double 7s, but savaging decisive attacks are usually unrolled ("With a decisive attack, no attack roll is necessary—just roll Initiative, apply damage, and reset to base as usual."), so is it supposed to mean double 7s on the decisive damage roll? In which case OUCH.
          Last edited by limaxophobiac; 04-27-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• So someone said in the supernal thread that the plan is that Sidereals are getting strong starter charms that slow down and stop. Eventually, sidereals will have to go into SMA for more power. Will this completely be the case or will sidereals have other viable paths. Despite not being the case, astrology was supposed to be something a sidereal can invest in. While they are part of the charmset, will a sidereal who wants to focus on astrology have the ability to enhance their ability for it. Or is it just martial arts or bust?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              No. That sidebar only applies to shapeshifting into beastfolk, Wyld mutants, and other forms that have Supernatural mutations bundled into them, not mutations conferred by your own magic.
              Just wondering but was the inability to hunt magic animals do to the supernatural powers? If so, could you just hunt a magical creature for just it's skin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                Just wondering but was the inability to hunt magic animals do to the supernatural powers? If so, could you just hunt a magical creature for just it's skin?
                No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by limaxophobiac View Post
                  The river dragons Death Roll savaging decisive attack says it benefits from double 7s, but savaging decisive attacks are usually unrolled ("With a decisive attack, no attack roll is necessary—just roll Initiative, apply damage, and reset to base as usual."), so is it supposed to mean double 7s on the decisive damage roll? In which case OUCH.
                  It's on damage. Don't fuck with river dragons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                    So someone said in the supernal thread that the plan is that Sidereals are getting strong starter charms that slow down and stop. Eventually, sidereals will have to go into SMA for more power. Will this completely be the case or will sidereals have other viable paths. Despite not being the case, astrology was supposed to be something a sidereal can invest in. While they are part of the charmset, will a sidereal who wants to focus on astrology have the ability to enhance their ability for it. Or is it just martial arts or bust?
                    Sidereals have multiple options for progression besides Sidereal Charms and Martial Arts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bladewind View Post
                      Re: The Solar Exalted Resistance charm Wound-Knitting Exercise
                      Does this charm shift the characters wounded health levels left as you heal them or is the cost of 1m per -0 health level deliberate?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered at an earlier juncture.
                      I believe the intent it works the same way specified by Tiger Warrior's Endurance—your existing levels of damage don't get shifted around when you heal, but any new damage will go into your freshly-healed -0 levels first.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you describe the process of declaration of charms when a Clash charm is used?

Does the initial attacker have a information disadvantage because he is locked into his declared charm use when he declared his action against what he thought what a non clash or is his previous action canceled and he gets to re-declare his attack action knowing the clash is happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                          Can you describe the process of declaration of charms when a Clash charm is used?

Does the initial attacker have a information disadvantage because he is locked into his declared charm use when he declared his action against what he thought what a non clash or is his previous action canceled and he gets to re-declare his attack action knowing the clash is happening?
                          No re-declaring.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How well is the Realm aware of the other Outcast organizations in Creation? I mean, I assume they know they exist, and I'm not talking about state-level groups like Lookshy and Parsad. It is hard for me to believe they have heard about things like Cult of Violet Fang, and I assume that the Grass Spiders actively try to not make their existence too known, but what about groups like the Wanasaan or the Khamaseen Battalion? Are there scholars in the Realm who actively try to research the existence of such groups, and who would be interested in documenting them at all other than the said scholars (and perhaps some nosy Sidereals)?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• 1) How do the Deathlords handle the Abyssal Exaltations this editions, since they are now less of objects to be handled with, so I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to carry them around with them. Do the Exaltations just like hang around in the Void and they can just call them up when they find a prospective dying mortal?

2) Does the Dark Mother have a way of going around Diminishment, or is it because she can't that at base Liminals are as strong as DBs but low in number, other then the rarity of someone trying to resurrect the dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                                How well is the Realm aware of the other Outcast organizations in Creation? I mean, I assume they know they exist, and I'm not talking about state-level groups like Lookshy and Parsad. It is hard for me to believe they have heard about things like Cult of Violet Fang, and I assume that the Grass Spiders actively try to not make their existence too known, but what about groups like the Wanasaan or the Khamaseen Battalion? Are there scholars in the Realm who actively try to research the existence of such groups, and who would be interested in documenting them at all other than the said scholars (and perhaps some nosy Sidereals)?
                                It's probably going to vary both with the outcaste group in question and with the specific Realm institute in question. If there's an outcaste organization operating in, say, one of House Mnemon's satrapies, House Mnemon's very likely to be collecting good intelligence on it, while if House Peleps doesn't have a satrapy of its own anywhere nearby, it may not know a thing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X