This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    1) How do the Deathlords handle the Abyssal Exaltations this editions, since they are now less of objects to be handled with, so I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to carry them around with them. Do the Exaltations just like hang around in the Void and they can just call them up when they find a prospective dying mortal?
    The Monstrances of Celestial Portion are still the physical medium through which the Deathlords commune with the Abyssal Exaltations.

2) Does the Dark Mother have a way of going around Diminishment, or is it because she can't that at base Liminals are as strong as DBs but low in number, other then the rarity of someone trying to resurrect the dead?
    Every Liminal the Dark Mother creates exacts a costs from her.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      The Monstrances of Celestial Portion are still the physical medium through which the Deathlords commune with the Abyssal Exaltations.
      ah cool, thought they were removed since Deathlords can't control their Abyssals through it anymore. Were they still made by the Yozi this ed or did the Deathlords figured it out as a pinnacle of Necromancy?

Every Liminal the Dark Mother creates exacts a costs from her.
      So she's steadily eating away at herself then, though she probably is vast enough this probably won't be a problem for a while but still. Makes her more tragic with what she wants to do. I gather the optional dream - born patron is probably in the same position as her I guess.

Comment

• Some questions about Raging Fire-Dragon Spirit:

1) The bonus dice count are not called "non-Charm", and I assume this is deliberate? No breaking the dice-adding limit.

2) If RFDS adds its maximum of five dice to an Athletics action, you technically could not add an automatic success with Effortlessly Rising Flame since one automatic success is equal to two dice. I figure that one of the bonus dice can be discarded to allow a player to buy an automatic success, if they really want Effortlessly Rising Flame's secondary effect of "popping" 9s and non-Charm bonus dice. (And RFDS's bonus dice offer more opportunities for 9s than adding automatic success with ERF.)

3) Do the bonus dice on rush actions apply to all rush actions, included mounted ones rolling Ride instead of Athletics, or Occult in the case of Stormwind Rider?

4) I assume the bonus Strength dot doesn't apply to one's mount, but does the bonus Strength dot increase the Terrestrial's effective Strength rating for Charms like Burning Fury Wreath, which reduce a target's Hardness according to the Terrestrial's Strength?

5) You clarified that Impervious Skin of Stone's "doubling Stamina for soak" effect does nothing while RFDS is active because of its "Stamina does not apply to soak" effect, but does that mean Stamina is effectively 0 for the Fire anima power and Fire-Elemental Protection Prana?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Would a Lunar charm that let you use Craft XP to pay the XP cost for Sorcerous Workings be horribly broken?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            No re-declaring.
            Does that mean they can't declare defensive charms in response to a clash either? Things like Adamant Skin Tecknique.

Are you in the market for some Martial Arts? Perhaps some custom Artifacts for your campaign?

Comment

• Will the Exigents book contain any suggestions for tinkering with things like anima or mote pools? I'm wondering about the possibility of creating variations like the yin/yang mote pools for Getimians, or other ways to tap Essence sources, as with Abyssal blood-drinking.
              Last edited by memeala; 04-29-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Would it be feasible to develop a charm specifically to cut down the committed mote cost of turning into a beastfolk shape? Perhaps something like one mote per [Essence] mutation points?

Comment

• Since the number of Sidereal Charms is getting expanded, is it possible that Abilities will now have more than one Sutra each?

​(I much prefer 1e's style of having a Sutra for a group of Charms, and having the Charms actually kinda fit with the Sutras, than what 2e did to them...)
                  Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-30-2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Lost Zarlath is on the map, and is mentioned in a couple of snippets in the core that are focused on gameplay prospects, and as far as I know that's it. Is there anything more worth knowing about it that might come up in future, or is it basically just there to be a really remote ruined city to invite some perilous expeditions to discover untapped secrets?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Some questions about Raging Fire-Dragon Spirit:

1) The bonus dice count are not called "non-Charm", and I assume this is deliberate? No breaking the dice-adding limit.
                      Correct.

2) If RFDS adds its maximum of five dice to an Athletics action, you technically could not add an automatic success with Effortlessly Rising Flame since one automatic success is equal to two dice. I figure that one of the bonus dice can be discarded to allow a player to buy an automatic success, if they really want Effortlessly Rising Flame's secondary effect of "popping" 9s and non-Charm bonus dice. (And RFDS's bonus dice offer more opportunities for 9s than adding automatic success with ERF.)
                      Yeah. If you have a mix of bonus dice and successes, and you've over you're dice cap, you can decide which ones get discarded.

[3) Do the bonus dice on rush actions apply to all rush actions, included mounted ones rolling Ride instead of Athletics, or Occult in the case of Stormwind Rider?
                      Only Athletics.

4) I assume the bonus Strength dot doesn't apply to one's mount, but does the bonus Strength dot increase the Terrestrial's effective Strength rating for Charms like Burning Fury Wreath, which reduce a target's Hardness according to the Terrestrial's Strength?
                      No.

5) You clarified that Impervious Skin of Stone's "doubling Stamina for soak" effect does nothing while RFDS is active because of its "Stamina does not apply to soak" effect, but does that mean Stamina is effectively 0 for the Fire anima power and Fire-Elemental Protection Prana?
                      It doesn't effect your Stamina for non-soak purposes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        Would a Lunar charm that let you use Craft XP to pay the XP cost for Sorcerous Workings be horribly broken?
                        No, as long as it's at a similar rate as what Spirit-Stoking Elevation does for Solars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post

Does that mean they can't declare defensive charms in response to a clash either? Things like Adamant Skin Tecknique.
                          The attacker should get a chance to declare defensive Charms (assuming they apply in a clash).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by memeala View Post
                            Will the Exigents book contain any suggestions for tinkering with things like anima or mote pools? I'm wondering about the possibility of creating variations like the yin/yang mote pools for Getimians, or other ways to tap Essence sources, as with Abyssal blood-drinking.
                            Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                              Would it be feasible to develop a charm specifically to cut down the committed mote cost of turning into a beastfolk shape? Perhaps something like one mote per [Essence] mutation points?
                              It's an effect Lunars could get.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                Since the number of Sidereal Charms is getting expanded, is it possible that Abilities will now have more than one Sutra each?

​(I much prefer 1e's style of having a Sutra for a group of Charms, and having the Charms actually kinda fit with the Sutras, than what 2e did to them...)
                                No.

While I love the perfect "one line, one Charm" symmetry of the First Edition Charm set, there's just no elegant way to reconcile it with an expanded Charm set—I've tried numerous approaches, and none of them are satisfying.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X