This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
    So where do the Imperial Judges and their courts fit in since I had been imagining a bit of a split there?
    The Imperial courts address cases involving all citizens, not just Dynasts. And the magistrates are primarily investigators; their authority does overlap with the Imperial courts, but they don't just go out and preempt Dynastic civil cases or situations where the Imperial Force has already brought a Dynast before the courts. (Well, they could, and on rare occasions they probably do. But they generally have better uses for their time.)

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      It's the Storyteller's Guide!
      I'd never try to tell you guys how to do your job. But I would like to ask if there is any chance that the STguide could include some useful rule hacks to simplify Ex3? I know that could be a lot of work (and is possibly never happening), but I think it's worth asking about.

Keep up the good work!

Join the Strife

Comment

• When a Immaculate have the Air Dragon Form activate and makes a Chakram attack to hit a target in Medium or Long range he needs Aim before?

Comment

• Will The Realm say how many dots of backing some specific positions (legion ranks, magistrate, deliberator, etcetera) are worth?

Comment

• How does a fresh Solar understand their Anima Effects? Are they aware that they now have weird powers like disappearing to a nearby place of power and sanctifying oaths, or is it more of an unconscious thing like Charms?

Comment

• Regarding Strength Increasing Exercise, what is the maximum one can increase their strength to? The charm in the book can be confusing as the second to last sentence, past the comma, could refer to either the bonus that can't be more than double the Solar's strength or the actual strength score that can't be more than doubled.

As this might be confusing, here is random character example

Strength 2
              Essence 5

Scenario 1: Can increase strength by 2 for a total of 4
              Scenario 2: Can increase strength by 4 for a total of 6

Comment

• For Carnal Spirit Rending, what is in place to prevent someone from summoning demons or elementals to use as batteries to charge up for a fight?

Cause it seems a summoner can have a spirit summoned and bound to them until they decide they need its powers for a fight, and then the party goes all Ides of March on the spirit to absorb the spirit's power in prep for a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  I'd never try to tell you guys how to do your job. But I would like to ask if there is any chance that the STguide could include some useful rule hacks to simplify Ex3? I know that could be a lot of work (and is possibly never happening), but I think it's worth asking about.

Keep up the good work!
                  I'm going to leave extensive commentary on the Storyteller's Guide and its comments to Neall and Monica Speca, who are the book devs on it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowninja View Post
                    When a Immaculate have the Air Dragon Form activate and makes a Chakram attack to hit a target in Medium or Long range he needs Aim before?
                    Yes. They count as being made from close range solely for determining the Accuracy bonus; for all other purposes, the actual range they're made from is used.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by rj.au View Post
                      Will The Realm say how many dots of backing some specific positions (legion ranks, magistrate, deliberator, etcetera) are worth?
                      It doesn't provide exact dot ratings - and for some of those positions, there's not a single "one size fits all" dot rating - but it provides enough information for Storytellers to assess that for individual characters' positions.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                        How does a fresh Solar understand their Anima Effects? Are they aware that they now have weird powers like disappearing to a nearby place of power and sanctifying oaths, or is it more of an unconscious thing like Charms?
                        Anima powers are similar to Charms, except that they emanate from your Caste or Aspect rather than your skills. You're aware that you can do them, the same way that a Solar with Blazing Solar Bolt is aware she can unleash deadly radiance from her sword, but you'd tend to think of it as acting in your role as an Eclipse Caste and Chosen of the Unconquered Sun to sanctify a witnessed oath, rather than casting a magical oath-sanctifying spell.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Orukan View Post
                          Regarding Strength Increasing Exercise, what is the maximum one can increase their strength to? The charm in the book can be confusing as the second to last sentence, past the comma, could refer to either the bonus that can't be more than double the Solar's strength or the actual strength score that can't be more than doubled.

As this might be confusing, here is random character example

Strength 2
                          Essence 5

Scenario 1: Can increase strength by 2 for a total of 4
                          Scenario 2: Can increase strength by 4 for a total of 6
                          You can't gain more bonus dots of Strength from the Charm than you have actual dots of Strength. In essence, you can add a maximum of (lower of Essence or Strength) bonus dots.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                            For Carnal Spirit Rending, what is in place to prevent someone from summoning demons or elementals to use as batteries to charge up for a fight?
                            Absolutely nothing. ^_^

Well. Your bound spirit might try to stop you, because even binding isn't going to make it happily consent to being murdered. But you're a Solar!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Absolutely nothing. ^_^

Well. Your bound spirit might try to stop you, because even binding isn't going to make it happily consent to being murdered. But you're a Solar!
                              Is there a limit to how many different types of spirits/demons you can carnally rend per scene? And do other spirits that are bound get a chance to break their binding if they see this happen to another bound spirit?

Like if a sorceror has an elemental and a blood ape bound to it, and the sorcerer does carnal spirit rending on the elemental (or vice versa), would the blood ape have a chance to break the binding? "Hey, the elemental was just rent and devoured by my summoner. I'm not going to wait until he tries that on me. Screw that". Or would the blood ape have to wait for an attack to be free of the binding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
                                Is there a limit to how many different types of spirits/demons you can carnally rend per scene?
                                Mainly the Willpower cost.

And do other spirits that are bound get a chance to break their binding if they see this happen to another bound spirit?
                                No. A bound spirit can refuse an order like "stand still and let me kill you" as unacceptable influence, but that doesn't let them break their binding.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X