Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs v2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Absolutely nothing. ^_^

    Well. Your bound spirit might try to stop you, because even binding isn't going to make it happily consent to being murdered. But you're a Solar!
    The Usurpation was right, the Dragon-Blooded and Sidereals were right all along!

    Comment


    • Is Vaneha getting any coverage in Across the Eight Directions or one of the other books in production?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
        Is Vaneha getting any coverage in Across the Eight Directions or one of the other books in production?
        It's getting discussed in Across the Eight Directions' section on the Hundred Kingdoms.


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • I've noticed that a number of athletics charms that grant new movement capabilities, like walking on walls, need to be activated every round instead of being scene long. Is that more to do with the flavor of the Exalt types we've had so far or is it an important part of Athletics charm balance and things like the Personal Gravity Redirection Apparatus will be turn length instead of scene length in 3e?


          ....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            I've noticed that a number of athletics charms that grant new movement capabilities, like walking on walls, need to be activated every round instead of being scene long. Is that more to do with the flavor of the Exalt types we've had so far or is it an important part of Athletics charm balance and things like the Personal Gravity Redirection Apparatus will be turn length instead of scene length in 3e?
            I didn't write those Charms, so it's hard to speak to the precise intent behind them. Scene-long enhancements to movement capabilities aren't something that can't be written, but I wouldn't expect anyone to get mobility Charms that are better or more efficient than what Solars have.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Although I can't find it explicitly mentioned, I assume 10 of the houses (not Nellens) still have a particularly strong element, since they wear that element's colour and are described in very elemental terms "the fire that...", "the mountain that..." etc.

              Obviously they do all contain Dragonblood of all 5 elements, but how strong is their element? (Generally. I assume Sesus and Cynis have less strong aspects than Mnemon.)

              Are we talking like Cathak has 70% Fire, or 50% Fire, or 30% (ie only a slight preponderence)?


              My characters:
              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Although I can't find it explicitly mentioned, I assume 10 of the houses (not Nellens) still have a particularly strong element, since they wear that element's colour and are described in very elemental terms "the fire that...", "the mountain that..." etc.

                Obviously they do all contain Dragonblood of all 5 elements, but how strong is their element? (Generally. I assume Sesus and Cynis have less strong aspects than Mnemon.)

                Are we talking like Cathak has 70% Fire, or 50% Fire, or 30% (ie only a slight preponderence)?
                I tend to assume something like 60% of the house's associated Aspect and 10% of each other Aspect, but this will vary by house and household. (I'm considering the possibility of a sidebar on the subject in Heirs for houses and gentes and so forth, but Storytellers might be better off being free to decide for themselves? I'm undecided.)


                Developer for Exalted.

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Comment


                • Okay, so enough that it's very obvious and has a big effect on the House, but with enough space that there's nothing weird about playing a DB of a different aspect.


                  My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    I tend to assume something like 60% of the house's associated Aspect and 10% of each other Aspect, but this will vary by house and household. (I'm considering the possibility of a sidebar on the subject in Heirs for houses and gentes and so forth, but Storytellers might be better off being free to decide for themselves? I'm undecided.)
                    Does Aspect inheritance strongly favor the mother to that degree, or is that much of a weight toward one aspect due to a cultural bias toward tying male DBs in marriage to Houses associated with their Aspect, so the element remains favored on balance?


                    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      I tend to assume something like 60% of the house's associated Aspect and 10% of each other Aspect, but this will vary by house and household. (I'm considering the possibility of a sidebar on the subject in Heirs for houses and gentes and so forth, but Storytellers might be better off being free to decide for themselves? I'm undecided.)
                      A line to the effect of that might be good if you don't think it is too prescriptive. I've seen or heard people discussing inheritance like that take the suggestion of impropriety far with out of aspect Exaltation, which is a bit extreme if that's the rule of thumb you had in mind.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

                        Does Aspect inheritance strongly favor the mother to that degree, or is that much of a weight toward one aspect due to a cultural bias toward tying male DBs in marriage to Houses associated with their Aspect, so the element remains favored on balance?
                        The latter. Aspect doesn't favor either parent over the other.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

                          A line to the effect of that might be good if you don't think it is too prescriptive. I've seen or heard people discussing inheritance like that take the suggestion of impropriety far with out of aspect Exaltation, which is a bit extreme if that's the rule of thumb you had in mind.
                          If you're looking to accuse someone of impropriety, you'll use whatever tools come to hand, in Creation as much as in the real world.


                          Developer for Exalted.

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                            If you're looking to accuse someone of impropriety, you'll use whatever tools come to hand, in Creation as much as in the real world.
                            Oh I meant on an out of character level, people discussing the game discussing potential character stuff going "Well out of aspect is pretty rare so that might have obvious social implications" with 'pretty rare' being thought to be a lot higher than 40%. Sorry, that was badly phrased on my end.

                            Comment


                            • In Exigents, are we likely to see fiction or lore related to Exigents mentioned in the core book that aren't getting full Charm write-ups?
                              Last edited by memeala; 05-16-2019, 08:34 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by memeala View Post
                                In Exigents, are we likely to see fiction or lore related to Exigents mentioned in the core book that aren't getting full Charm write-ups?
                                More than likely.


                                Developer for Exalted.

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X