This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post

Would it count as a human shape or animal shape?
    It'd be an animal.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• -If a Withering and a Decisive Clash, does that mean the combatant doing the Withering benefits from their weapon's accuracy while the combatant doing the Decisive does not?

-Can Withering Clash Charms clash with decisive attacks and vice versa?

-Can Door-Evading Technique let you go through a magical gateway or portal such as a Yu-Shan gate?
      Last edited by Epitome; 05-21-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Oh by the way I just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions like this, mine and everyone else's. It's a real boon being able to get a dev's take on things when something in the rules seems ambiguous.
        Last edited by Epitome; 05-21-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• I'm on something of a Yozi kick atm, so I was curious--do you have a favorite of the lot?
          I guess this is for Neall and Monica, but you might know as well! For the STguide, last I recall we'd get previews of the remaining exalted (Gets, Infernals, Alchemicals I think?) Would these be a QC entry or comparable to the Auxillary Exalts in Exigents?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
          Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
          My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Just to clear something up for my players, but the lunar charm Silver Curtain Parted still requires something like a Yu-Shan gate or a shadowland to pass into heaven or the underworld, right? The "cross a boundary between realms of existence" part caused some confusion.

Also, the Origins of Beastfolk sidebar mentions that
            Lunar children sired or conceived while using Hybrid Body Transformation will inherit their parent’s animalistic mutations. If the lunar has a Chimera spirit shape/hybrid body, would their children also receive the full set of mutations or only one of the two animals' mutations?

Oh, and can Blood-and-Tear Elixir Cultivation be used to create recreational drugs, or is it strictly medical?
            Last edited by senresk; 05-21-2019, 06:25 PM.

"Let us take men and give them the favor of the gods and use them as our champions against the Primordials, that we might overthrow them and play for ourselves the Games of Divinity."

Comment

• Hello !

First of all, I have to say that this thread and the previous one re-ignited my interest for Exalted 3ed after I, like probably many, struggled a lot with the very, very slow pace of release of source material (I am one of those game masters that did not feel comfortable with running an Exalted campaign before Dragon Blooded and Lunar were out). I have read this thread with great interest over a couple of years now, never posting, but often reading. Now, finally, after having just owned the Core (I was running a game for a year, but me and my group lost interest due to the lack of source material, so it died unfortunately), I have ordered pretty much everything that I could (Dragon Blooded, Wonders of the lost age, Miracles of the solar exalted and even that pretty shitty adventure, all in nice expensive print) and will be starting up a new campaign next week, something which both myself and my players are really looking forward to now that there is material. Looking forward to being able to order the Realm, as I understand the book is coming in a few weeks. Anyway, I want to say thank you to Robert Vance and Eric Mint. Your Q and A's here are very valuable, especially for Game Master such as me that have struggled with keeping up the interest due to slow releases. Your answers here have at least made me feel as if there was some progress on various Exalted books. Again, thank you ! I own all Exalted books in all editions, and it has always been my personal favorite of the many RPG's I have played.

Now on to my questions: Apart from background material (i.e. information on various locations), what I truly miss the most so far in Exalted 3ed releases, apart from the obvious main splats, is more information on Thaumaturgy (for game masters, creating new rituals is nice enough, but it would be much easier if we had more examples to choose from, or at least that is my opinion). I truly miss that.
              Secondly, I truly miss information on Manses and how they work (i.e. various manse powers and etc.). Will that be part of any future release that will come out "soonish" (i.e. within 12 months or so) ?
              Also, I read somewhere, maybe a year ago, that Vance or Mint (apologies if I remember incorrectly) stated that there would be more examples of how one creates Evocations etc. in the coming Exigents book. So far, this is probably what I struggle the most with in the system if I am honest, meaning that I have yet to create my own and that I am uncomfortable with it, leading me to choose artifacts with existing evocations. Could you possibly confirm or deny that there will be more information on evocations in Exigents ?

Ps. I want to tell you both that I view the Dragon Blooded book to be the best ever Dragon Blooded book in all editions. It is simply a fantastic book, so thank you for writing this wonderful book ! So far, I am of the same opinion with Lunars, though I have not read it as carefully as the Dragon Blooded book so will be careful with the superlatives there, even though I so far view it to be excellent as well.

Regards, Magnus
              Last edited by Magnus K; 05-21-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• A few questions about Lunars and mutations.

If a Lunar wanted an unnatural mutation, like prehensile hair or metal skin, are there any Lunar charms that would let them induce this mutation in themselves, or do they need to resort to non-charm means, like Sorcerous Workings?

Would hunting a Wyld Mutant with an unnatural mutation allow the Lunar to gain the mutation with Perfected Hybrid Interaction?

If a Lunar does gain an unnatural mutation for themselves, can they use Sharing Luna's Gifts to give it to others?

Would an upgrade to Sharing Luna's Gifts that would let you grant animal related gifts that were NOT in your library be too powerful?

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                  -If a Withering and a Decisive Clash, does that mean the combatant doing the Withering benefits from their weapon's accuracy while the combatant doing the Decisive does not?
                  Yes.

-Can Withering Clash Charms clash with decisive attacks and vice versa?
                  Yes.

-Can Door-Evading Technique let you go through a magical gateway or portal such as a Yu-Shan gate?
                  If the nature of the obstacle in question is that:

A) It's a door, window, or feature, and

B) Physically crossing from one side to the other will let you get to where you want to go

Then Door-Evading Technique will do what you want it to do. Some portals may not play nice with the second part of that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus K View Post
                    Now on to my questions: Apart from background material (i.e. information on various locations), what I truly miss the most so far in Exalted 3ed releases, apart from the obvious main splats, is more information on Thaumaturgy (for game masters, creating new rituals is nice enough, but it would be much easier if we had more examples to choose from, or at least that is my opinion). I truly miss that.
                    Secondly, I truly miss information on Manses and how they work (i.e. various manse powers and etc.). Will that be part of any future release that will come out "soonish" (i.e. within 12 months or so) ?
                    Both of those will be featured in upcoming books, although I can't speak to the timetable with certainty.

Also, I read somewhere, maybe a year ago, that Vance or Mint (apologies if I remember incorrectly) stated that there would be more examples of how one creates Evocations etc. in the coming Exigents book. So far, this is probably what I struggle the most with in the system if I am honest, meaning that I have yet to create my own and that I am uncomfortable with it, leading me to choose artifacts with existing evocations. Could you possibly confirm or deny that there will be more information on evocations in Exigents ?
                    Exigents' chapter on designing Charms will be very much applicable to Evocation design.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      A few questions about Lunars and mutations.

If a Lunar wanted an unnatural mutation, like prehensile hair or metal skin, are there any Lunar charms that would let them induce this mutation in themselves, or do they need to resort to non-charm means, like Sorcerous Workings?
                      Lunars don't have Charms that can grant mutations unrelated to animal forms. This is deliberate; it keeps them from becoming generic, turn-into-anything shapeshifters.

Would hunting a Wyld Mutant with an unnatural mutation allow the Lunar to gain the mutation with Perfected Hybrid Interaction?
                      Sounds fair to me.

If a Lunar does gain an unnatural mutation for themselves, can they use Sharing Luna's Gifts to give it to others?
                      No, Sharing Luna's Gifts draws on your heart's blood library.

Would an upgrade to Sharing Luna's Gifts that would let you grant animal related gifts that were NOT in your library be too powerful?
                      I think my strongest objection to that would be thematic rather than balance-related.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
                        Just to clear something up for my players, but the lunar charm Silver Curtain Parted still requires something like a Yu-Shan gate or a shadowland to pass into heaven or the underworld, right? The "cross a boundary between realms of existence" part caused some confusion.

Yes, there's gotta be something to work with.

Also, the Origins of Beastfolk sidebar mentions that
                        Lunar children sired or conceived while using Hybrid Body Transformation will inherit their parent’s animalistic mutations. If the lunar has a Chimera spirit shape/hybrid body, would their children also receive the full set of mutations or only one of the two animals' mutations?
                        One or the other.

Oh, and can Blood-and-Tear Elixir Cultivation be used to create recreational drugs, or is it strictly medical?
                        Sure, why not.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          I'm on something of a Yozi kick atm, so I was curious--do you have a favorite of the lot?
                          It's hard to play favorites; a lot of them have a special place in my heart.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            I think my strongest objection to that would be thematic rather than balance-related.
                            What if the animal still needs to be present? Like, you can touch a hawk to borrow it's wings or something?

Comment

• Thank you very much for your answers, Mr. Vance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Both of those will be featured in upcoming books, although I can't speak to the timetable with certainty.
                                A follow-up on this: I'm assuming the books mentioned are Towers of the Mighty (Manses/Ruins) and Paths of Brigid (Sorcery/Thaumaturgy). I heard you and Eric had re-pitched them, but have they been approved? I know you can't mention when they may come out, but knowing they're definitely coming would be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X