X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Vance
    started a topic Ask the Devs v2

Ask the Devs v2

It seems that, in my hubris, I've let the original Ask the Devs thread get a bit too long. If y'all wouldn't mind posting any new questions here.

Thread rules
    -Please don't answer another forum user's questions in this thread to avoid clutter. If you quote them then the response will show up in their notifications reardless of where it is.
    -You can quote/link to an instance of a developer answering the same question. It saves them time and lets them focus on newer questions.

Thanks everyone.
    ~Lioness

Last edited by Lioness; Yesterday, 06:21 AM.

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    In previous editions, some characters became sorcerers through cutting off a part of their body as a sacrifice. Do you plan to bring that back in a Sorcerous Initiation in the future? For the Sidereals or the Abyssals?

Does the Lunar Charm Shadow-Mind Meditation create a new, temporary persona each time, or does the Shadow-Mind permanently retain its Intimacies? If the later, does it always share the Defining Intimacies of the original mind, even if the original mind developed a new Defining Intimacy since the Shadow-Mind was born?

Leave a comment:

• Yamajin
    replied
    Two questions. First, when someone wielding two weapons is hit with a disarm gambit, do they lose both weapons? Second, Awakening Eye states that it adds a full Perception + Awareness excellency to a join battle roll. Does this change the base dice pool for the JB roll to Perception + Awareness instead of Wits + Awareness?

Leave a comment:

• necrobotany
    replied
    How does Corrupted Words interact with unacceptable influence? I assume someone believing they would die won't break it but can the spell forbid someone from upholding their defining principle?

Leave a comment:

• Kell_Tamer
    replied
    Robert Vance Say i'm playing a Dodge Solar and I have Single Point style. When in the form, am I able to use the initiative from either pool to fuel dodge charms like Reed in the Wind or Leaping Dodge or Living Bonds Unburdened? Or is it the pool that is being targeted by the attack? (e.g. they are attempting to wither my sword pool, can I use its initiative to boost Reed in the Wind?) I could see how this could get bonkers. Or can that pool only be used to fuel martial arts charms?

In fact question holds true for all Exalts. Could a lunar use the sword's initiative to pay for dex charms? Or a dragon blood for their initiative based defensive charms?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    Are Liminals and Getmetians Creatures of Darkness?

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Epitome View Post

Could you clarify what is allowed / frowned upon in the thread? I know you've explained it before, but the posts get buried in the hundreds of pages of these threads. Ideally if the posting guidelines could be somewhere easily accessible it could help keep things clear for everyone.
    Following on from what Rich said.
    I've previously encouraged people to quote the developer if they know they've already fielded that particular question because I know ultimately people answering for Robert and Eric just want to make their lives a little easier.
    I'd suggest answering based on what's written in a book in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread. If you quote the poster they'll see the response in their notifications even if the reply is in a different thread.

Leave a comment:

• Moonstruck
    replied
    We have seen so far that several of the basic, low-Essence Abyssal Charms are generally the same as their Solar counterparts. Sometimes with small or no difference, such as Elegant Flowing Deflection and Dipping Swallow Defense only differing in what happens to the point of Initiative, and Spider Pounce Technique being identical to Monkey Leap Technique; others seeming to have more difference such as Savage Shade Stylediverging mechanically from Hungry Tiger Technique (which it appears to mirror).

Is this intended to be a parallel between Solars and Abyssals specifically (in the vein of 1e and 2e), or is it something that may tentatively be anticipated to hold true (to some degree) with Infernals as well, being another form of Solar? —Or, is it also a matter of of Solar-tier core competencies being somewhat limited in their field of variation while keeping them relatively in the same league? There are probably only so many ways to spin the basic capability of "cheap, direct means to remove all Parry penalties," after all.

Leave a comment:

• RichT
    replied
    Originally posted by Epitome View Post

Could you clarify what is allowed / frowned upon in the thread? I know you've explained it before, but the posts get buried in the hundreds of pages of these threads. Ideally if the posting guidelines could be somewhere easily accessible it could help keep things clear for everyone.
    It’s pretty simple really. This is a thread where you can ask the EX3 Devs questions and then they answer them. Please don’t post answers or go off on discussions. Please, feel free to start a new thread if you want to go into further detail about something asked about here, or answered by the Devs. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lanic
    replied
    1. What is the exact condition under which One Weapon, Two Blows may be used? Does the attack has to lower the value of enemy's Initiative below the value of attacker's Initiative from before the attack or does the final Initiative of the attacker has to be greater than that of the defender? Does that include Initiative bonus for crashing or bonuses from charms?

2. Can Twilight anima power of binding spirits as familiars be used in fight? If so, how to model touching a spirit? For example, is it a successful attack, a gambit, a grapple action?

3. In the description of Zenith anima power for materialising spirits, we read: " All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy[.]" Does it apply only in the context of the materialisation order or does it apply generally?

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Could you tell me about the Sample Shintai in the Crucible of Legends?

Leave a comment:

• Epitome
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Okay I've noticed that once again a lot of people are answering for the developers. I appreciate that people are trying to help but you're making it harder to find relevant questions that haven't been answered.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Okay I've noticed that once again a lot of people are answering for the developers. I appreciate that people are trying to help but you're making it harder to find relevant questions that haven't been answered.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by imadaman View Post
    Any chance for the Storyteller's Guide to include example difficulties for mortals?
    Do mortal PCs use different Difficulties than Exalted PCs?

​One would think that the Core would have suggested that.

Leave a comment:

• imadaman
    replied
    Any chance for the Storyteller's Guide to include example difficulties for mortals?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X