X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Vance
    started a topic Ask the Devs v2

Ask the Devs v2

It seems that, in my hubris, I've let the original Ask the Devs thread get a bit too long. If y'all wouldn't mind posting any new questions here.

Thread rules
    -Please don't answer another forum user's questions in this thread to avoid clutter. If you quote them then the response will show up in their notifications reardless of where it is.
    -You can quote/link to an instance of a developer answering the same question. It saves them time and lets them focus on newer questions.

Thanks everyone.
    ~Lioness

Last edited by Lioness; 11-14-2019, 06:21 AM.

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Where does Wu Jian's food come from?

Leave a comment:

• Embustero
    replied
    Some shaping rituals let you bank sorcerous motes for a scene or longer. When shaping sorcery, are these motes declared/spent before the roll or can they be spent after?

Leave a comment:

• Knurlurzhad
    replied
    What Ability would botany be under? Like, a character who maintains a garden or greenhouse in order to cultivate plants for other purposes.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Greyman View Post
    No. The effect is not an attack in itself.

The stylist just gains Stealth/2 when her initiative resets after a decisive unexpected attack.
    I think this is just for developers. I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Greyman
    replied
    Oops. Ask the dev thread.
    Last edited by Greyman; 07-07-2020, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greyman
    replied
    Oops. Ask the dev thread.
    Last edited by Greyman; 07-07-2020, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pfm1995
    replied
    My forum-search-fu is failing me, so forgive me if this has been asked before.

Does an Ebon Shadow stylist gain the initiative opponents lose from Ebon Shadow Form's effect?

Leave a comment:

• GenericMaleNPC01
    replied
    Does the protean of finding the needles eye require some form of prehensile or attacking tail?
    Or does a animal like a wolf, great cat or some such qualify?

Leave a comment:

• Elfive
    replied
    Huh, I was sure they had something like this but looking through I can't find anything either.

Is this a deliberate omission or did you just happen to not make any charms for it ?

Leave a comment:

• Great Cthulhu
    replied
    Pardon me if this has already been asked but how do Lunar doctors deal with aggravated damage in their Charm set? It seems DBs and Solars can shift aggravated to lethal but I can't find the equivalent in Lunars.

Leave a comment:

• SamuraiMujuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Toad definitely draws some from Five Deadly Venoms - while some styles emphasize parrying or dodging for their defensive strategy, it's more reliant on soak.
    Would you be willing to maybe explain how a Toad stylist eats soup or some other teaser for the offensive side?

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Nope! 10char
    Huh, well color me very intrigued then. I didn't expect that. Excited to see how they will look individually

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by GhanjRho View Post
    Do sources of Might (for battle groups) stack? For example, if I have an army of beastfolk (Might 1) trained in the Demon-Fighting Principle (+2 Might against CoD) do they serve as a Might 3 BG against Creatures of Darkness?
    Things that are specifically bonuses to Might, like Tiger-Warrior Training Technique's bonuses, will stack with existing Might, but if you have, say, God-Blooded beastfolk, the Might they get for being beastfolk won't stack with the Might they get for being God-Blooded.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
    This one is probably for Vance specifically.

Is Toad Style still immensely strong, immune to nearly any weapon, and when properly used almost invincible?

Or, in a less meme way, it's been mentioned that Five Deadly Venoms is the primary inspiration for the five venom styles and both Centipede and Snake very much feel like their cinematic namesake. But I'm really curious how Toad will work because my brain thinks "resistance charms but on the offensive?" and then kinda overheats and shuts down.

Would you be willing to give more insight to how Toad will work in Many Faced Strangers, whether that be design philosophy and mechanical concepts or, if you're feeling really generous, a preview of a charm?
    Toad definitely draws some from Five Deadly Venoms - while some styles emphasize parrying or dodging for their defensive strategy, it's more reliant on soak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X