Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the animals and mutations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are all the animals and mutations?

    Long time no see, gang! I’m loving Fangs at the Gate, but am also having a bit of difficulty finding animal stat blocks, mutations, and latent abilities in the official material? Am I just missing it, or is it more a matter of making it yourself?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Maseiken View Post
    Long time no see, gang! I’m loving Fangs at the Gate, but am also having a bit of difficulty finding animal stat blocks, mutations, and latent abilities in the official material? Am I just missing it, or is it more a matter of making it yourself?
    Mutations are the Merits in the Traits chapter (+ appropriate ones in the corebook). Animal stat blocks will be in the final chapter that drops on Tuesday along with some big name Lunar npcs.


    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

    Comment


    • #3
      Also there's some good supplemental PDFs on drive thru, the Hundred Devil Nights Parade ones, that have some really cool animals.

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh they are still coming! I got the impression the preview material was over, but that’s good then. Super psyched to rebuild an old character of mine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
          Also there's some good supplemental PDFs on drive thru, the Hundred Devil Nights Parade ones, that have some really cool animals.
          I actually already made a list of all the animals currently published in Hundred Devils Night Parade, which in my judgment constitute animals:
          Northern Ursidae (Giant Gilled Polar Bear)
          Giant Boa Constrictor Aurochs
          Austrech, exalted name for Terror Bird, a real life terrifying ice age murder-ostrich, distinct from the Death Moa, exalted name for the (I kid you not) real life "Demon-Duck of Doom" or "Thunderduck" that was published in the core book. I may note that these two seemingly similar animals have distinct mechanics.
          Eight-Tailed Mole Hound
          Armored Kraken Metagalapan Riding Hawk (Includes rules for Great Roc)
          Elephant / Mammoth
          Strix
          Forest Striders, which are Giant Stick Insects

          I'd also note that the following creatures are supernatural versions of natural creatures.

          Mouse, Rat (derived from Mouse of the Sun without supernatural abilities)
          Leech Hound -- The Bloodworm is described as a thing of the underworld, but the rules work perfectly for the Leech Hound from previous editions.
          Giant Sandworm, Graboid (derived from Ghostfisher)
          It's also easy to forget that you can easily derive a shark from the fogshark, since the fogshark isn't listed in the animals section.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

            Mutations are the Merits in the Traits chapter (+ appropriate ones in the corebook). Animal stat blocks will be in the final chapter that drops on Tuesday along with some big name Lunar npcs.
            Specifically the preview released in this Kickstarter update has the mutations: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2420988


            ....

            Comment


            • #7
              Goddammit i thought this thread was about genetic engineering in Creation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, it could be.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  Well, it could be.
                  Well...

                  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...s4OPvDXo/edit#

                  Think about it. Camels that eat sand. Tireless horses. Flying pigs. Cows that produce milk all year round.

                  I think this can be interesting.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X