Lunar Charms you feel are missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Charms you feel are missing?

Are there any Charm ideas you feel should have been in the manuscripts, or are there some obvious areas of growth that you hope to see covered in Many-Faced Strangers?

I think there may be room behind Dark Premise Duality for swapping into your Dark Mind quickly for battle (especially when activating Hybrid Body Transformation or Deadly Beastman Transformation), but being forced out of it if you are crashed or incapacitated.

(Thus can the Witch of “Blind Prince and Liar Princess” completely change from a smooth-talking sorceress into a howling engine of terror and destruction. Absolutely no Manipulation and possibly reduced Intelligence in favor of increased Charisma and roaring-type Charms.)

Robert admitted there's room after Radiant Basilisc Jewel for a Lunar to use their body-grown Hearthstone to power artifacts they're touching (or at least armor they're wearing / Warstriders they're piloting), though he feels that there needs to be more to such a Charm than just that.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

The only thing that seems obvious to me is a charm for being able to talk while in animal form.
    That's about it. It's a big charmset, lots going on.

Oh, I did notice that, as with Dragonblood, there's no craft charms for getting more slots. I just don't think that really matters.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      The only thing that seems obvious to me is a charm for being able to talk while in animal form.
      Well, there's Glance-Oration Technique.

Though I was expecting a mockingbird Charm for mimicking voices, especially ones belonging to forms you've stolen, no matter what form you're currently wearing as long as it can vocalize.

Comment

Being able to make an animal form meaningfully larger but not legendary sized. Unless I missed it you can be a flea sized mouse or a mouse sized mouse or an elephant sized mouse but not a horse sized mouse, which seems a bit of a missed opportunity.

And the ability to keep an eye on your territory when away from it, it kind of disincentives players from having territory and going on adventures.

As for being able to speak in animal form, it seems like the easiest way to do that is to use one of the general charms to give yourself the 'able to speak' or 'human voicebox' or whatever mutation at a cost negotiated with your ST.

Comment

Originally posted by FODOR View Post
          Being able to make an animal form meaningfully larger but not legendary sized. Unless I missed it you can be a flea sized mouse or a mouse sized mouse or an elephant sized mouse but not a horse sized mouse, which seems a bit of a missed opportunity.
          Agreed. I also think such a Charm would be parallel to Towering Beast Shape rather than following it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Though I was expecting a mockingbird Charm for mimicking voices, especially ones belonging to forms you've stolen, no matter what form you're currently wearing as long as it can vocalize.
            You mean Many-Voiced Mockingbird Attitude, a mockingbird charm form mimicking voices, especially one belonging to to forms you've stolen?

Comment

Personally, there are a few upgrades I was thinking about after reading the lunar charmset.

Following flesh sculpting art several that let you work on reshaping people to peak physical and mental attributes as well as working on them in a group. Essentially building a beast men who are at their peak.

The other Ideas I had were around god skinning art and using it to speed up crafting or giving two automatic successes on a god corpse that is c9nsidered nontrivial.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                In addition to Many-Voiced Mockingbird Attitude & Glance-Oration Technique, you can also select Musical Voice as a one dot mutation when picking Perfected Hybrid Interaction, specify that it's the voice of an animal that can speak like a parrot/raven. You can then speak in any form by committing a single mote indefinitely.

I'd hope for more body horror charms. I'd like to be able to
                1. Turn into a squirming chimeric monster like 2e's Chimeras, or the Thing from "The Thing".
                2. Have body parts detach and move on their own, like the hand from the Addams family. Avoid an amputation by having that body part detach.
                3. Offensive charms that melt/warp opponent's flesh like Flesh-Sculpting Art did for medicine.

While it's appropriate that Lunars can no longer transform into demons and the like with their native charmset, I was hoping for artifacts that would expand the scope of shapeshifting into this direction, a little bit like what Sozen did for Solars.
                Last edited by Slarn!; 03-11-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I'd like to see some more Wits Resolve charms not exclusive to Solar bond (as it stands, there are 10, 3 are Solar bond only, and 2 more have aspects that are Solar Bonds only).

Along those lines a Righteous Lion Defense-ish charm that lets you make a Intimacy to a person (or a culture with the right charm) function as a Solar Bond , so Lunars who choose not to have a Solar Mate could still access the exclusive charms and features of charms.

An upgrade to Selkie Mantle Endowment to make it permanent.

Similarly, something along the lines of Sharing Luna's Gifts and Beast-Soul Awakening Crucible to give a mortal a 'mutation package'/'war form'/'werewolf-ish' they can change into and out. Shifting Skin Raiment kinda does this though I feel like there could be a few ways to do something like this.

Comment

Something to allow Legendary Size Lunars to mimic the Warstrider's Devastating Action.

Comment

Originally posted by Handigar View Post
                      Something to allow Legendary Size Lunars to mimic the Warstrider's Devastating Action.
                      Nah, that's explicitly only for Warstriders.

Lunars already have so many other advantages that Warstriders can never have; let Warstriders keep exclusive ownership of Devastating Actions.

Comment

I was glad to see that there were charms allowing the Lunars to attune to artifacts of their mates but thought it would have been cool if they had the ability to be resonant with any artifacts crafted specifically for them by their mates as well. Maybe it would require Moonsilver be a part of the construction somehow.

I also had thought there should be some abilities based on some of the weirder things animals can do, especially insects. One idea in particular I had was to use magic to create more powerful illusions through sound or pheromones.

Lastly, given the focus on how 'malleable' the lunar exaltation is, and the influence of their solar mates, it strikes me as plausible that their mates should be able to grant some abilities, or influence the expression of the Lunar's abilities (with their consent). For instance, a lunar who is close with an Abyssal mate might be able to have some additional benefit for using animal that has some association with death such as wolves or bats, perhaps being able to manifest some of the Abyssal's necrotic powers in their own way.

Lunars with an infernal mate might be able to gain Malfean mutations or demonic forms.

Comment

I kinda wanted to see a "swap places with one of your clones, so they get killed and you don't" charm or possibly even a "I die, but my exaltation and spirit go to my clone or reflection spirit or whatever, causing me to be reborn" charm.

Comment

Oh, also in 2e there was a charm where a Lunar could curse a bureaucracy with a plague of animals eating all it's paperwork and such, I miss that charm.

Comment

Originally posted by FODOR View Post
                              Oh, also in 2e there was a charm where a Lunar could curse a bureaucracy with a plague of animals eating all it's paperwork and such, I miss that charm.
                              "A dog ate my homework! And another ate the bills, as for my birth certificate, well, you see, there was a third dog..."

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

Working...
                              X