This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JiveX View Post

The point remains. People in the 1600’s studied events well before the current era and their average life expectancy was half that— even not accounting for high mortality in youth. It doesn’t matter that most terrestrials don’t make it past 100 the ones that do are the social movers and shakers of the culture and therefore would inform the academic discourse. It’s just not, to me, realistic that this subject wouldn’t come up even though there would be people alive for most of the shogunate and many years of the early realm whose parents or grandparents rememebered the usurpation.

Also, per the core, the average life expectancy is 250-300 years— so not sure where less than a hundred is coming from. (Ex3 34)
    There is a word called propaganda. It is Latin and was made by Romans. We don't know the history of barbarian peoples who clashed with Rome, because Rome wrote history. The Shogunate controlled history. Remember that. Also remember the spectacular catastrophes that befell the Shogunate, how much priceless knowledge of the Realm Before that was lost, to all but gods, and how a very powerful section of Heaven wants to control history. In our histories (humankind), we didn't have a bunch of people with supernatural abilities that controlled history writing and telling, but even so, not much is for instance known of Rome's many foes except what is written by its historians and propaganda makers. I think you therefore is very wrong concerning what is realistic when it comes to knowledge about an era 1400 years ago. There is no internet in Creation after all....

Comment

• You know you're replying to a post made 3 months ago?

I have no idea what the context of these statements is.

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        You know you're replying to a post made 3 months ago?

I have no idea what the context of these statements is.
        My bad, Sorry. I wasn't really aware. Guess I googled Lillith and then the forum came up and I forgot that it was an old thread (one of my players are playing a character which will be Adamani's recent exaltation in my story). Anyway, the context was that the guy I wrote to basically argued that Dragon Blooded and the world in general, should have a better recollection of the Realm Before than what they seemingly had in written canon, and having studied history, I just chimed in and said why I thought that made little sense, since supernatural creatures were actively working against the "memory" of it.

Comment

• Yeah there's been a lot of necromancy lately and opening by implying JiveX doesn't know what propaganda is really doesn't endear me to this thread's continuation.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Working...
          X