Forum Lunar Game: Attributes in Unusual Places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Lunar Game: Attributes in Unusual Places

So, Lunars need to stunt to include off-attributes in their actions for Excellency purposes. This will require practice.

Thus: A game!

Give a brief stunt demonstrating how to include a given attribute in a given action, and then provide an attribute and action for the next poster.

I.E if the previous post requested "Stamina" with "A melee attack (Dexterity + Melee)", my stunt might be

"I let the incoming attack glance off my essence-hardend shoulder, forcing an opening for stabination."

First up: Charisma and Parry Defense!

My Storyteller Vault releases!
    Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
    These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

"I give a wink and a winning smile to the charging immaculate, causing them to become flustered and fumble their swing."

For harder/wierder one, adding Strength to a Perception+Investigation roll to case a scene.

Are you in the market for some Martial Arts? Perhaps some custom Artifacts for your campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by BadassOverlord View Post
      For harder/wierder one, adding Strength to a Perception+Investigation roll to case a scene.
      Bah! Harder! "I carefully lift up all the heavy objects in the room, looking underneath them for anything that might have rolled under them or were otherwise hidden."

How about adding Appearance to a (Wits + Sail) roll to steer a one-person boat around a naval hazard?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

How about adding Appearance to a (Wits + Sail) roll to steer a one-person boat around a naval hazard?
        I stand at the prow of my ship, daring the spirits of the sea to harm one as beautiful as me.

Strength, writing poetry to advertise an opera

Comment

Originally posted by autXautY View Post

"I climb up the highest building I can find, painting my poems in massive characters for all to see."

Intelligence, seducing someone.

Comment

Originally posted by autXautY View Post

I stand at the prow of my ship, daring the spirits of the sea to harm one as beautiful as me.

"Using my mighty muscles I carve the poetry deep into the side of the building to catch the awestruck attention of all who pass by"

Adding manipulation to a strength+athletics attempt to lift a boulder

Edit: Wow, that took longer to write then I thought it did.

Intelligence, seducing someone.
            "Using my vast intelligence to calculate the most likely to be effective seduction method based on what I've read of her cultures courting rituals I compare their eyes to the color of a local flower considered romantic"

Adding manipulation to a strength+athletics attempt to lift a boulder
            Last edited by Mizu; 03-14-2019, 08:47 PM.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

"A boulder is just like a person; all you really need is leverage."

Next: add Dexterity to an (Intelligence + Lore) roll to introduce a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
                "A boulder is just like a person; all you really need is leverage."

Next: add Dexterity to an (Intelligence + Lore) roll to introduce a fact.
                While examining a piece of pottery at market, you carefully feel out all of its dimensions, running along its contours and probing its cavities, to introduce a fact about the quality of that form of jar or vase as a storage medium.

Apply Appearance to the Wits + Occult roll needed to break attunement to a demesne.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

"I sort through the facts in the dirt, developing a sort of storyboard until the answer I seek comes to mind."

Next: Give me Appearence on a (Perception + Larceny roll)

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Walking down the street, I flash a sparkling grin, and sparkling coins. As I attract everyone's attention, I note who's admiring my chiseled jaw and baby-blue eyes, and whose eyes are instead drawn to my coin-purse.

Strength on a Join Battle roll.

My characters:
                    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Muscles rippling, I explode in a bolt of sheer kinetic energy, arcing mercilessly towards my prey. All they can do is stand there still slack jawed and glassy eyed.

Charisma on a Int + Craft (Artifact) roll. (And it can’t be for Adorei, that’s cheating!)
                      Last edited by prototype00; 03-15-2019, 03:59 AM.

Comment

In the forge-temple, hammers ring and sparks fly as apprentices move and work. I stand in the centre, directing them. My loyal apprentices hang on my every word as I direct them. Slowly, the warstrider begins to take shape.

Intelligence on a Stamina+Resistance roll.

My characters:
                        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

"You know the kuji-in breathing exercises that help purge the toxins within yourself, simply meditate upon them, focussing your mind on the flow of air within..."

Next: Can I get a stunt for Appearence on a Stamina/Resistance roll please?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                            "You know the kuji-in breathing exercises that help purge the toxins within yourself, simply meditate upon them, focussing your mind on the flow of air within..."

Next: Can I get a stunt for Appearence on a Stamina/Resistance roll please?
                            Not to call foul, but that sounds like something that needs to be introduced as a fact before being used.

As to the game, "I give the snake that bit me the ugliest glare I can muster, cowing it such that not only does it retract its fangs, but also much of its venom as well."

Next: Charisma on a roll against water pressure while deep sea diving.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                              "I sort through the facts in the dirt, developing a sort of storyboard until the answer I seek comes to mind."
                              Was this a response to myself, or The MG?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                              X