Exalted meeting alien invasion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah. 8 or 7?

A mind can literally simulate entire universes and more. Take control of an entire city. Do shit which would be insane even for high essence Exalted

I would put them intelligent 10. At least

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      A mind can literally simulate entire universes and more.
      Yes, and an Intelligence 3 Solar can simulate an entire city out in the Wyld.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        One arrow doesn't incapacitate a ship, let alone a spaceship; it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a simple Solar sniper build. Even a veritable hail of arrows only deals a single Hull level.
        Well, there is that E5 solar archery charm... it even explicitly does extra hull damage. you can get to a dozen hull damage with proper initiative buildup.

It will take more than what you said, but it's feasible. Three or four solars unopposed and properly built for that would create such scenario.

Revamping those 50k people into about twice as many, nearly all trained to peak capacity and equipped would, in my opinion, still produce a comparatively small fleet, which ultimately gives "the company" an advantage in sheer scope. they'd still have to bet on the company not being willing to spend so damn much to get to that place.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Yes, and an Intelligence 3 Solar can simulate an entire city out in the Wyld.
          I would still put that down to wyld shenanigans, rather than any real hyperinelligence.

Comment

I would still put that down to wyld shenanigans, rather than any real hyperinelligence.
            My point is that the capacity to create a simulation is not solely limited to one's Intelligence score. Being able to create a sophisticated simulation does not necessitate an Intelligence greater than 5.

Comment

I wouldn't. The Wyld is clay, it's the Solar's understanding of Lore which shapes it.

Devil Tigers shape worlds within their souls. Controlling cities is not beyond the Solars.

And again, I'd say look at the high end. The Culture is extremely careful about not peeving off Sublimed races. The Exalted picked up their tourches and pitch forks and went off to geld the Master of The Universe.

Mr. Adequate is not more powerful than The Ebon Dragon.

It's not like there's some massive gulf between Minds and the Sublimed. It's a lot like the dynamics between the Unquestionable in Exalted. And even the weakest Mind is right up there with the most powerful Exalts... like a 3CD.

I think a Mind and The End of All Wisdom would be very firm friends.

And again, I say look at the low end. The Contact predictor from Consider Phlebas (breaks her leg mountain climbing without an AG harness, forget her name) is an ordinary human who outthinks Minds. She's not going to be higher than Intelligence 6, yet routinely outthinks Minds. Look at the Chairmaker (*please don't discuss the enormous book ruining spoilers around the Chairmaker): granted there's normally a Mind in the background, smoothing things along for him, but in any kind of crossover event he's immediately getting a Night Caste Exaltation and he's made Minds look like laughing stocks as a regular (ish) mortal.

A Culture Mind is way above human normal. That's what 7+ is.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                A Culture Mind is way above human normal. That's what 7+ is.
                5 is also "way above human normal." It's somewhere between two to five times higher than "human normal."

But yeah, 7 seems reasonable. 10 does not.

Comment

Working...
                X