Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claws of the Silver Moon Evocation

Claws of the Silver Moon has this note:
    This Charm may be repurchased any number of times, each repurchase adding an Evocation to the Lunar’s claws. These Evocations draw their themes and function from the Lunar’s personality, spirit shape, and Caste
    I'm imagining a Lunar who knows two martial arts. He wants to develop one or more evocations for his claws that allow him to use them as martial arts weapons. As essence 2 charms that have a fair number of prerequisites I'm trying to create appropriate charm/evocations

Should it be:

A charm that allows the Lunar's claws to have say a disarming tag and function as hook swords for purposes of combining with martial arts, scene long that can be reflexively activated with the claws of the silver moon

A second charm that gives them the bashing tag and makes them compatible with martial arts that use staves

or alternately

The first charm as above with the second repurchase allowing the claws to assume any single tag that the lunar wishes, be compatible with any martial arts that use a weapon that has that tag, and allows that Lunar to switch reflexively for free whenever they move to a new martial arts form?

Or

One single charm that does it all - allows the claws to assume any single tag that the lunar wishes,be compatible with any martial arts that use a weapon that has that tag and allows that Lunar to switch reflexively for free whenever they move to a new martial arts form?
    Last edited by Apromor; 03-16-2019, 09:31 AM.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

I suggest a middle ground, where you select a specific weapon for the claws to count as, and then apply a single tag of your choice from that weapon. While the Evocation is active, you can change what weapon your claws count as with a draw/ready action, or by paying a small Initiative cost.

Comment

So this?
      Cost: 5m;
      Mins: Strength 3, Essence 2
      Type: Simple
      Keywords: None
      Duration: One scene
      Prerequisite Charms: Claws of the Silver Moon
      [Bad flavor text that I've deleted]. By use of this Evocation [Specific Lunar's] natural weapon that has been enhanced with claws of the silver moon gains a specific tag and compatibility with a single martial art which has a style weapon that contains the added tag. for instance the natural weapon could gain the disarming tag and become compatible with snake style. [Specific Lunar] may alter the tag, martial art style, or both by using a draw/ready weapon action.

This charm can be activated reflexively when claws of the Silver Moon is activated
      Is 5 motes a reasonable cost, is reflexive activation an issue?
      Last edited by Apromor; 04-06-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apromor View Post
        So this?

Is 5 motes a reasonable cost, is reflexive activation an issue?
        I would not let it be that good and at the same time that bad. I would say it counts as unarmed for the purposes of Martial arts. In my opinion, it's thematically more appropriate to have lunars get claws that are basically the same as fists than it would be for them to have claws that count as a sword. It also leads to a situation where it might be technically possible to combine single point with some other style entirely which kind of limits the purpose of it being a single and contained style.
        Last edited by Epimetheus; 04-06-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Cost: 5m;
          Mins: Strength 3, Essence 2
          Type: Simple
          Keywords: None
          Duration: One scene
          Prerequisite Charms: Claws of the Silver Moon
          [Bad flavor text that I've deleted]. By use of this Evocation [Specific Lunar's] natural weapon that has been enhanced with claws of the silver moon flows around [Lunar's] hands reshaping itself, forming serrated moonsilver edges on their fingers and spear points on their knuckles. While this charm is active [Lunar] is able to use his Claws of the silver moon enhanced natural weapon with martial arts that are compatible with unarmed attacks..

This charm can be activated reflexively when claws of the Silver Moon is activated
          So that? (and is 5 motes a reasonable cost?)

Comment

Working...
          X