Pretty Daddy Collection i.e Jen Art Dump Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Daddy Collection i.e Jen Art Dump Thread

I need a place to post all of my Circle's art (and also random thought about Exalted).

Plus I seriously need to have a write-up for them and google-doc just fuel my terrible procrastination, a thread is much better as a reminder ಠ¿ಠi

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Concept art for Theodotus's attire. He's the Zenith of the circle, super serious about maintaining his image as a proper lady who is already engaged.

He's Greek-inspired so chiton and himation is an obvious combo choice. Blue, pink and tyrian purple should be his color choice for cloth with gold and jade for jewelry.

Though I also like the shirtless and waist-robe in the chibi version, give him an exotic and wild aesthetic that I really like. And "Proper lady=Ccovered up your body" is true in some cultures on Earth, but Creation is a fantasy world so I don't have to obey that rule. Buuut Exalted readers are also from Earth so me saying "Oh Theo is engaged to another man" while he's walking around bare chest will probably raise some eyebrows, probably, I think,....???

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

I imagine Theo to have the aesthetic of a celestial maiden (basically the xian version of a palace's courtesan) so a magical shawl for flying is a must, plus the other canon methods for flying like wings and cloud are so not elegant.

He usually goes barefoot so I'll need to find some explanations for why he never leaves dirt on the floor ≖‿≖

Comment

Finally, after ten thousand years of waiting!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Oh hey, I can finally put names to the faces

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Finally, after ten thousand years of waiting!
            Yeah, my are scattered across 3 different sites so I need a place to gather them all (though a forum thread seems like a bad place now that think about it....)

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
            Oh hey, I can finally put names to the faces
            I just realize that none of the character's name are the epithet-type _(°Д°)_

It's better for me though since I don't have to worry about whose name have the same word or some such featuring in the same scene

Comment

Theodotus the Midday Witch, Noon Hag of Aeaea, and Bride of the Outer World's Star.

He's basically a male Circe so a big ass magical rod is a much, tyrian purple himation for that splash of elegant princess-ness, adding some tassel and over-extend robe so I can achieve that super cute effect of a long soft object trailing behind him when he flies and spinning around

I'm surprisingly doesn't care much for anima when designing my character for some reasons, so I just choose it randomly as you can see with this derp Pisces.

Comment

Fuck yeah, Jen thread.

Comment

Great stuff!

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                    He usually goes barefoot so I'll need to find some explanations for why he never leaves dirt on the floor ≖‿≖
                    That necklace could function in the manner of a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light, using the purity symbolism of pearls.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Yay, thank you for sharing this. Like many of us, I'm sure, I've been hoping to learn about your recurring characters for ages, and just yesterday was seriously contemplating writing you a message to ask you about them.

BTW - does anyone else feel the urge to draw a Roadhog-style pig face around that pig's belly button, or is it just me?

Comment

Like Isator said, a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light (page 601 of the corebook) would make him impervious to filth and grime. Perfect for a lady of the bara court.

Comment

Basil Palaiologos the Undying Saint, Ecumenical Patriarch of the Church of Basileuousa, Celestial Beauty Sleeping Inside The Wailing Land.

He's an Eclipse caste Solar and also the team mom in the group. The typical "always smiling and friendly person but there is something off about him" character. Really into the whole saving lives business so he gets along great with Ve Nguyet (peace-loving psycho) and Augustus (angry-face Guanyin), not so much with Theodotus whose first action toward bandits and enemies is usually "Can I sacrifice them to the Sun afterward?"

I ditched his previous fighting style of using fuck-huge Grand Goremaul since it looks good on a still art, but picturing him fighting with it in my head make me realize how silly it look, so I switched to spamming the enemies with dozen of artifact's spirits instead. Which is also a good idea since there will be a style named Thousand Blades Style in the upcoming book (or is it the companion book???).

Last edited by Jen; 03-29-2019, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

That necklace could function in the manner of a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light, using the purity symbolism of pearls.
                            Originally posted by The MG View Post
                            Like Isator said, a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light (page 601 of the corebook) would make him impervious to filth and grime. Perfect for a lady of the bara court.
                            That would lock him into wearing the same piece of jewelry though, I guess I can make it with moonsilver so it can shapeshift into whatever type of accessories that he fancies?

Originally posted by Barefoot Monkey View Post
                            and just yesterday was seriously contemplating writing you a message to ask you about them.
                            I'm suuuper bad at writing coherent paragraphs so it's a good thing that you didn't, hopefully I can finally get a good write-up for them after all of this rambling.
                            Last edited by Jen; 03-29-2019, 03:31 AM.

Comment

That would lock him into wearing the same piece of jewelry though, I guess I can make it with moonsilver so it can shapeshift into whatever type of accessories that he fancies?
                              I will admit, I was not closely reading all of your entries the first time around as to realise that all of those posts were depicting the same character.

But yeah, whatever application works for the concept is grand; the important thing is the precedent for magical accessories focused on keeping a character immaculate.

Comment

Working...
                              X