No announcement yet.

Pretty Daddy Collection i.e Jen Art Dump Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's a fox skull since I base his concept on the nine-tailed fox legend in my country. It's a male fox demon that seduces both women and men which I find interesting since the one in China and Korea are usually the typical female seducer type.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Diamond of Perfect Wisdom, God of Philosophy and Slayer of Ignorance.

A blood-thirsty spirit who is more skilled at fighting than actual philosophy. Since I want some deities who are the "Fiery Protector" type such as Sekmet or the Wisdom Kings (or even Guanyin in her battle form).

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen View Post
        Diamond of Perfect Wisdom, God of Philosophy and Slayer of Ignorance.

A blood-thirsty spirit who is more skilled at fighting than actual philosophy. Since I want some deities who are the "Fiery Protector" type such as Sekmet or the Wisdom Kings (or even Guanyin in her battle form).

Reminds me of Shiva, who dances on the dwarf called ignorance.

Storyteller Vault Productions: The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2 https://www.storytellersvault.com/m/product/273213 Patreon, with my own games, here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• I take inspiration for him from wisdom king Acala who protect Buddhism with wrathful strength and bodhisattva Manjushri who slays ignorance with flaming sword.

Comment

• Finally I have settled on a design for Theo's Lunar person (that will be what I call a Lunar mate now).

His backstory atm would be being the prince of a theocratic kingdom in the Cinder Isles area, the imperial family practices some strange rituals that allow them to bend water. Not sure if I should make them a sinister force or not, I do always like the aesthetic of nobility rotten away...

I have an idea of him being able to develop charms that interact with that ability, kinda like how when you exalted, your mundane MA become magical charms. Since his fighting style in his hybrid dragon-man form is kinda like Taoist/Shintoism priest i.e Creating tsunami, throwing paper talismans, summoning servant, drawing mystic arrays that bind and repel the enemies,...etc. And neither Lunar native charms or sorcery really supports that kind of thing so I need to find another angle to make it happens.

Comment

His backstory atm would be being the prince of a theocratic kingdom in the Cinder Isles area, the imperial family practices some strange rituals that allow them to bend water. Not sure if I should make them a sinister force or not, I do always like the aesthetic of nobility rotten away...

I have an idea of him being able to develop charms that interact with that ability, kinda like how when you exalted, your mundane MA become magical charms. Since his fighting style in his hybrid dragon-man form is kinda like Taoist/Shintoism priest i.e Creating tsunami, throwing paper talismans, summoning servant, drawing mystic arrays that bind and repel the enemies,...etc. And neither Lunar native charms or sorcery really supports that kind of thing so I need to find another angle to make it happens.
              If not something from a literal God-Blooded lineage, perhaps something that could be modelled off of God-Blooded Charms when we ultimately see what those are like.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

If not something from a literal God-Blooded lineage, perhaps something that could be modelled off of God-Blooded Charms when we ultimately see what those are like.
                Or a particular Sorcery initiation, granting Evocation using paper talismas, including drawing mistic arrays (it's pretty common to create barriers with talismans in fiction). Summoning Servants could still be an evocation that let you instantly materialize at your side a demon/elemental that you binded as usual.

I have nothing on the Tsunami, but that could be a spell instead of an Evocation.

Comment

• The tsunami power can just can just be “Evocation” branching off from his water bending.

Hmmmm, he solves most problems through fighting so I make him a Full Moon, but his fighting style is pretty blasto wizard, should I go with No Moon instead for those sorcery bonus?

Comment

• Blasting Wizard work better with Evocation in my opinion. Damaging spell tend to be big, flashy decisive attacks. You need to gain initiative in some way and if your Lunar main method of fighting is throwing lighting at people, an evocation that let you do that while a spell don't.

That said, there is an example of something like that that's not an evocation. The Burning Name is a 2 dot Merit that grant you a Light Mundane Weapon in the form of a flame attack using Intelligence + Occult. That's not a spell so the sorcery bonuses of the No Moon are not that juicy and you can being pretty decent at that with Intelligence Charms (that you need anyway since you want to be a sorcerer).

I'll go with Full Moon just to have an alternative at the blasting if things go south, that and high physical are useful even while shapeshifted. Mental secondary is still good for a sorcerer. You can still have a 5/3/2 without spending bonus points.

But that's really depend on how you see the Lunar in question. My impression is that this Lunar is a force of nature that just prefer to blast people instead of tearing them apart with claws. There is always to consider that a No Moon will need to have two Cast Attribute in Mental.

From your decription, this guys seem like a Full Moon with Strenght and Stamina as Caste, and Intelligence and Carisma (?) Favored.
                    Last edited by Shapechanger; 05-06-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shapechanger View Post
                      Blasting Wizard work better with Evocation in my opinion. Damaging spell tend to be big, flashy decisive attacks. You need to gain initiative in some way and if your Lunar main method of fighting is throwing lighting at people, an evocation that let you do that while a spell don't.
                      Well, you've got spells like Death of Obsidian Butterflies, which doesn't roll Initiative for damage.

Lunars can also build a bit of Initiative through successful defence.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                        Well, you've got spells like Death of Obsidian Butterflies, which doesn't roll Initiative for damage.

Lunars can also build a bit of Initiative through successful defence.
                        Yes, but the draw didn't really make me think of someone who stand in the middle of a fight and dodge everything before unleashing the Obsidian Butterflies. He seem more like someone who charge in the middle of the fight and start throwing lightining left and right while his centaur body claw everything that come too close.

Of course, is Jen who have to decide which fighting style is better. But for a sorcerer that want to blas every turn, an invocation or some variant of The Burning Name is better than normal spells.

Comment

• There are only so much you can do with spells, just standing around gathering motes and then cast the spell round after round sounds so boring, plus he gonna throws a bunch of non-water stuffs unless I reskin the spell to have water aesthetic.

So Evocations branching off from his Waterbending merit seems like the best choice atm, plus I can enhance them with STR/DEX charms unlike the Burning Name.
                          Last edited by Jen; 05-07-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• It's not hard to get the successes to throw a spell in one round.

Comment

• Yeah, but I find casting spells just awfully dull comparing to using combining charms/evocations.

Comment

Yeah, but I find casting spells just awfully dull comparing to using combining charms/evocations.
                                Personally, I really like the idea of gathering sorcerous motes to cast spells, but just for big, powerful spells. For example, I don't dislike staining one round if it means that I can cast a Flight of the Brillant Raptor and nuke a building, but that sound like a final move. For blasting during combat, Elemental Bolt would be my first choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X