The Thousand Sanctioned Beasts - Elementals Redux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thousand Sanctioned Beasts - Elementals Redux

I published the original version of this a while back, but I thought I might as well repost it now that it's been revised and added to. As of today, this bestiary entry has stats for twelve different elementals. It's meant to be a resource for players and STs both, since every elemental in it is summonable. I'm posting it here in the hopes that people will feel like making comments, before a full version with proper layout eventually goes up on the ST Vault.

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonRobert Vance's Patreon

These are great! I really like the concepts.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

It is always very useful to have more Elementals to use in the games, thank you.

Comment

Ooh, I have ideas for at least three of these in my next game session already! A detailed commentary coming when I have more time..

One small thing does appear immediately, what are the scale of hive castles built by Castle Bee's?

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
        - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

Originally posted by Janissary87 View Post
          One small thing does appear immediately, what are the scale of hive castles built by Castle Bee's?
          They're castle-sized. They can really be as big as the castle bees want to spend time making them, and they tend to expand over time, but once they hit "way bigger than we could ever need even if all our human neighbors move in (oh please do)", they usually start to focus on their homemade jam instead.

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonRobert Vance's Patreon

Comment

These are all very well written, and I really enjoyed reading them! But honestly my favorites were the Gay Bee Dads.

Comment

Have you made any changes to your Sorcerers supplement? I remember it as something excellent, especially the spells.

As for the new elementals, I liked them a lot, I'm going to give them a lot of use.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagurasu View Post
                Have you made any changes to your Sorcerers supplement? I remember it as something excellent, especially the spells.
                I haven't, although I'll probably go back to it once I've finished with elementals before going on to demons, depending on how many people wind up buying the Vault versions.

Comment

Amazing work Rand.

Storyteller Vault Productions: The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2 https://www.storytellersvault.com/m/product/273213 Patreon, with my own games, here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rand Brittain View Post

They're castle-sized. They can really be as big as the castle bees want to spend time making them, and they tend to expand over time, but once they hit "way bigger than we could ever need even if all our human neighbors move in (oh please do)", they usually start to focus on their homemade jam instead.
                    Ooh, thanks!

I'm going to be running a catch-up solo session with a player tonight in a massive haunted manor featuring an Ashcap hearth keeper and a Cobblethrone butler. Looking forward to posting about it this weekend.

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
                    - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

Those Eclipse charms are a thing of beauty, thank you. I will be using some or more of those.

Wisdom of the Ancient Sages (Homebrew sorcerous initiation based on anima) | Expanded spells & charm for Elemental summoning

Comment

I lost control for a moment and added one more fire elemental, the smoulderseam, to even things up between the elements a bit. I'm glad people are enjoying these, and I'm definitely hoping to get a few comments on the mechanics before everything goes into layout, if anybody has any thoughts.

Comment

Ashcaps were awesome the first time I read them, and they are still awesome. The sohei is incredibly adorable, with his kitchen spear!

Comment

For those of you who were following this, I've taken down the Google Doc so that I could put the new, shiny version on the Vault.

Comment

Working...
                            X