Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Dragon Blooded Interview with Eric Minton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upcoming Dragon Blooded Interview with Eric Minton

    Hello,

    Next weekend, I'll be interviewing Eric Minton on all topics Dragon Blooded. I'll have a list of questions of my own, but I want to open the opportunity for forum users to submit questions as well. I'll tend toward longer-form, open ended questions since Eri is very accessible in the ask the dev's thread for shorter questions. The episode will air in May.
    Last edited by ElfSpeaker; 04-06-2019, 01:43 PM.


    Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
    Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: An Imperfect Circle

  • #2
    Pretty sure it's "Eric," with a "C."

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you. I can’t update the topic title unfortunately.


      Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
      Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: An Imperfect Circle

      Comment


      • #4
        This isn't a long-form question, and perhaps not even relevant, I guess. Sorry!

        I've personally always preferred the term "Terrestrial" to "Dragon-Blooded". While it's technically a legacy term to differentiate Dragon-Blooded from the Celestial Exalted and denote a lower power level, it's been a group that so far has only contained the Dragon-Blooded, so it's worked out to equate the names. It also fits very well with their physical elemental connection. Does Eric see any issues with using the term "Terrestrial" (other than baggage) and is it likely that any other group of Exalts will be formally added to the Terrestrial group?


        Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ElfSpeaker View Post
          Thank you. I can’t update the topic title unfortunately.
          Don't worry, I got it.


          Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmm. I guess this might be more a question for Vance but it would be nice to know why aura isn't spread uniformly.

            Originally posted by Weimann View Post
            This isn't a long-form question, and perhaps not even relevant, I guess. Sorry!

            I've personally always preferred the term "Terrestrial" to "Dragon-Blooded". While it's technically a legacy term to differentiate Dragon-Blooded from the Celestial Exalted and denote a lower power level, it's been a group that so far has only contained the Dragon-Blooded, so it's worked out to equate the names. It also fits very well with their physical elemental connection. Does Eric see any issues with using the term "Terrestrial" (other than baggage) and is it likely that any other group of Exalts will be formally added to the Terrestrial group?
            Terrestrial doesn't simply apply to dragon blooded in this edition it's a catch all term for exalted at that level. Like celestial denotes lunar, sidereal, and solar.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
              Hmm. I guess this might be more a question for Vance but it would be nice to know why aura isn't spread uniformly.
              I’m curious, can you clarify what you mean by that?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

                I’m curious, can you clarify what you mean by that?
                The aura mechanic is an important mechanic for dragon blooded but certain things are impossible but there aren't uniform trees following specific elements. In each ability, instead there's a major element for each ability followed by every other element getting a scattering of charms. In essence, it makes it kind of difficult to use certain combinations of combat abilities with each other and keep aura up. That can sometimes be negated by the keyword balanced or dual but that's not present in certain things.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post


                  Terrestrial doesn't simply apply to dragon blooded in this edition it's a catch all term for exalted at that level.
                  No it isn't; Liminal Exalted might be referred to as being "Terrestrial level" to give a sense of their overall power, but they're not Terrestrial Exalted.


                  I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

                    No it isn't; Liminal Exalted might be referred to as being "Terrestrial level" to give a sense of their overall power, but they're not Terrestrial Exalted.
                    Last time I checked terrestrial level and terrestrial exalt were the same. Such as celestial exalt and celestial level. They were used to denote a type of exalt in the most basic sense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                      Last time I checked
                      Where?


                      I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        "Terrestrial" is used specifically to refer to the Dragon-Blooded in 3e.


                        Developer for Exalted.

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                          "Terrestrial" is used specifically to refer to the Dragon-Blooded in 3e.
                          So is there a general term for that level?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                            So is there a general term for that level?

                            There are levels?


                            3e Scavenger Lands map
                            3e Combat tracker card
                            2e Nexus map

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Megapope View Post


                              There are levels?
                              The strength and prowess of an exalt depends on what type of exalt they are. There is a clear difference of power between a dragon-blooded and a solar. However, celestials (Sidereals, lunars, solars) are closer to one another in capability than a dragon blooded or liminal. In 2e, while there wasn't more exalts, it always seemed like terrestrial was just the general term for any exalt that wasn't as strong as a celestial. But dragon-blooded were the specific exalted which manifested power from the elements.
                              Last edited by Epimetheus; 04-06-2019, 10:43 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X