No announcement yet.

Exalted Analogues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link is the textbook Dawn, Solar, and Exalt in my mind. He's a hero, Hyrule's grandmaster-at-arms, reincarnating through the ages and granted divine power that manifests in a golden light. Now granted, my original estimation of Link's place in Exalted is derived from his Hyrule Warriors incarnation, who is manifestly the strongest version of the character. Also; Kirby might have more raw power, but Link is Nintendo's finest warrior, with only Samus being his equal in combat.

I went with Infernal for Bayonetta, because her power is derived from a demon (Madama Butterfly; the giant hands and the shadow belong to her). The Mother characters are Infernals because, unless I'm terribly mistaken, all PSI is derived from Giygas.

I made Samus an Alchemical not just because of her suit, but because her very biology is just as modular and open to modification as her Power Suit. I also went with Adamant Caste because she is so good at everything; combat, tactics, interactions with others, stealth, science... she is Nintendo's most capable hero.

Also, I added Assist Trophies.
    Last edited by Voyd211; 04-13-2019, 11:34 AM.

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

Just because Bayonetta summons demons doesn't make her an Infernal necessarily; she also controls time as a major ability, which could point to Sidereal or Getimian. She just happens to also shapeshift is specifically into animals a lot, and has tons of Moon imagery throughout the franchise. Lunar sorcerer just happens to neatly fit everything but Witch Time, and even that might just be a spell or part of the Umbra Witch initiation, since it's just stopping time not traveling in it.

(Also I hadn't even thought of her Shadow being her tell, but honestly that'd be super cool...)

Makes sense for the Earthbound kids, but I still don't think Adamant specifically jives with Samus's aesthetic or MO. She doesn't do much with crystals or with being a stealthy undercover cop. She's a spec ops into Blight Zones, clearly, but not one that needs or wants to be undercover.

For Assists, though:

Skull Kid is a wood elemental, currently possessed by a third circle demon in the form of a Mask. (Or to pull out an old 2e homebrew based explicitly on Majora/Skull Kid: Achsam)

Isaac is an Earth Aspect Sorcerer.

Phosphora could be an Exigent under Viridi or an Air Aspect, or even an Air Elemental, to personal taste.

Bomberman's role as a mascot and his color palette(s) would make me, personally lean Jade over Orichalcum.

Comment

Adamant caste Alchemicals aren’t inherently good at everything. They’re servants of the Divine Ministers, holy secret police keeping watch over the watchers.

I’d probably go with Jade or Orichalcum for Samus, depending on how much you want to emphasize her being a down to earth hero or not.

Comment

Yeah, both Jade and Orichalcum seem to fit to me.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Actually, I do not see Samus as Alchemical Exalted due to the fact that she is organic. I would suggest that she is an Earth Terrestrial Exalted with several powerful artifacts that each possess a number of unique Evocations. Her artifacts are her arm cannon, her powered armor, and her spacecraft.

Comment

I've got another big series to Exaltify: the Touhou Project.

Yes, I know, most of the characters are gods or elementals. What I want to know is: which ones aren't, and what are they?

Here's the list. I already have a few characters, but my knowledge is vague starting in Mountain of Faith, and ends completely at Unidentified Fantastic Object, so I can't really speak for the characters from games after that.

Comment

Mai and Satono are Okina's current Chosen (Good luck deciding what Okina's god of, because she oversees a lot of things).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Are there any Exalts in Touhou besides Reimu? Because seriously, f**k Reimu.

Comment

Touhou Possibilities (not exhaustive)

Hakurei Reimu: Fire Aspect; Dawn Caste; Chosen of Battles; Exigent of the Hakurei Shrine's God
                    Kirisame Marisa: Fire Aspect; Twilight Caste; mortal sorceress, possible Exigent of Mima, or otherwise bestowed with power by whatever Mima was

Rumia: Wyld creature, possible newborn Raksha
                    Cirno: Air Elemental (possibly the strange reincarnation of a Greater Air Elemental, to explain her curious strength)
                    Meiling: ???
                    Patchouli Knowledge: Air Aspect; Chosen of Secrets; Exigent of some god of sorcery, knowledge, books, or libraries; Second Circle Demon; (at a stretch) Third Circle Demon who is both library and librarian
                    Koakuma: First Circle Demon
                    Izayoi Sakuya: Getimian
                    Remilia Scarlet: Changing Moon or No Moon Lunar; Infernal Exalt
                    Flandre Scarlet: Casteless or Full Moon; Infernal Exalt

Letty Whiterock: Minor servant goddess of the god of Winter
                    Alice Margatroid: Demon-Blooded mortal sorceress; Air Aspect; Infernal Exalt; Exigent of a god of puppets or puppetry
                    Prismriver Sisters: artificial hekatonchires made through necromancy
                    Konpaku Youmu: ghost-blooded Fire Aspect; ghost-blooded Dawn Caste; ghost-blooded Dusk Caste
                    Saigyoji Yuyuko: Deathlord or other powerful, ancient ghost
                    Saigyoji Ayakashi: hekatonchire
                    Chen: Wyld creature; familiar-god of a Sidereal Exalt; Casteless or Full Moon Lunar
                    Yakumo Ran: familiar-god of a Sidereal Exalt; No Moon Lunar
                    Yakumo Yukari: Chosen of Journeys, or Secrets; Goddess; Second or Third Circle Demon

Ibuki Suika: Second Circle Demon; Infernal Exalt; Full Moon Lunar; powerful Raksha

Wriggle Nightbug: minor Wyld creature; servant-god of some god of insects; sorcerously-uplifted insect
                    Mystia Lorelei: minor Wyld creature
                    Kamishirasawa Keine: Casteless or No Moon Lunar; Exigent or god-blooded child of a Hakutaku spirit
                    Tewi Inaba: ancient Changing Moon Lunar
                    Reisen Udongein Inaba: (not sure, except probably not a Lunar)
                    Houraisan Kaguya: Goddess
                    Yagokoro Eiren: Chosen of Endings, Chosen of Secrets; Twilight Caste; formerly mortal goddess of medicine
                    Fujiwara no Mokou: mortal possessed by a Fire Elemental; Exigent of a firebird god

Medicine Melancholy: minor Wyld creature; sorcerous creation; odd Wood Elemental
                    Kazami Yuuka: Wood Elemental; Goddess of flowers, blooming plants
                    Shameimaru Aya: Air Elemental; Dragon-Blooded Crow-Woman; Changing Moon Lunar; Raksha
                    Onozuka Komachi: servant god of Eiki; Chosen of Endings; Abyssal Exalt
                    Yamaxandu Shiki Eiki: Chosen of Endings; God; Deathlord

Aki Sisters: Servants of the goddess of Autumn
                    Kagiyama Hina: Goddess of Misfortune; Chosen of Endings, Serenity; Raksha; Second Circle Demon
                    Kawashiro Nitori: Wyld creature; Water Elemental; Water Aspect; Changing or No Moon Lunar
                    Inubashiri Momiji: Air Elemental; Raksha; beastfolk Dragon-Blood; Full Moon Lunar
                    Kochiya Sanae: god-blooded Dragon-Blood; god-blooded Exigent of Moriya Suwako
                    Yasaka Kanako: Air Elemental; Celestial Goddess
                    Moriya Suwako: Earth Elemental; Terrestrial Goddess of the Moriya Region

Hinanawi "Tenshi" Chiko: former mortal made a goddess; Sidereal Exalt
                    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 04-18-2019, 08:39 AM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

To pick up where Sunder left off:

Kisume is a terrestrial god of a well, or a water or earth elemental
                      Yamame Kurodani is a Raksha or a spider-totem No Moon
                      Parsee Mizuhashi is a God of Jealousy or a Raksha whose only mastered that 1 emotion
                      Yuugi Hoshiguma, like Suika, could be a lot of things: a Demon, an Infernal, a Full Moon, or a Raksha - in any case, she's the same thing
                      Satori Komeiji feels like a Second Circle Demon - the eye thing feels like great imagery for one, at least
                      Koishi Komeiji is a demon of the same Primordial, whose eye was forced closed during the Primordial War
                      Rin Kaenbyou could be a particular death-y No Moon Necromancer with a two-tailed Cat Totem, or a lesser soul of Satori, or a Hecatonkheir
                      Utsuho Reiuji could be a Raven Totem Full Moon who found a very potent First Age Artifact, or a demon who artificially increased her power

Nazrin is a Mouse Beastman Thaumaturgist (dowsing being her primary Ritual)
                      Kogasa Tatara could be a First Age artifact, or a weirdly manifested Raksha, or a least god of an Umbrella that somehow became powerful enough to manifest in humanoid form
                      Ichirin Kumoi is probably an Air Aspect with a bound Air Elemental doing most of her combat (Unzan) - could be a God-Blooded Sorcerer, however
                      Minamitsu Murasa is a Ghost, but could be a Sail Supernal Moonshadow
                      Shou Toramaru is an exigent of Bishamonten - God of Treasure, Tigers, and Warfare
                      Byakuren Hijiri is a Zenith from the First Age
                      Nue Houjuu is probably a Second or Third Circle Demon of Oramus, though could also be something even more alien - something from the Deep Wyld or even Zen-Mu

Kyouko Kasodani is a celestial god of echoes who had to redefine her portfolio as people's understanding of echoes evolved
                      Yoshika Miyako is a Zombie under Seiga's control, though could also be a Liminal she created (Breath might fit her powers and personality better, but Marrow feels more like Seiga)
                      Seiga Kaku might be a Getimian - the Taoist Imagery and Weird Power fit - but could also be a Chosen of Secrets or a No Moon
                      Soga no Tojiko is a particularly powerful Ghost
                      Mononobe no Futo is an Earth or Wood Aspect - could also be Getimian (see: Seiga)
                      Toyosatomimi no Miko is a Twilight from the First Age- could also be Getimian (see: Seiga)
                      Mamizou Futatsuiwa is a Tanuki Totem Full Moon

Hatate Himekaidou is whatever Aya is - an Air Aspect Crow Beastman, a Changing Moon, a Raksha...
                      The Fairies of Light are all either Elementals (Fire for Sunny, Air or Earth for Luna, Water or Air for Star) or very low-ranking celestial gods

Wakasagihime could be a Raksha, a Water Aspect Fish (Wakasagi) Beastman, a Fish (Wakasagi) Totem Changing Moon, or a Water Elemental
                      Sekibanki is probably a Raksha or Hecatoncheir
                      Kagerou Imaizumi is a Honshu Wolf-totem Full Moon
                      Benben and Yatsuhashi Tsukumo are... the same class of being as Kogasa, most likely (Same for Raiko Horikawa)
                      Seija Kijin is a Second-Circle Demon or a Raksha
                      Shimyou Sukuna is the princess of a nearly-lost lineage of very small humans (Inchlings) with access to a disproportionately powerful artifact (the Miracle Mallet)

Kasen Ibaraki is... whatever Suika and Yuugi are
                      Sumireko could be a Mortal Sorcerer, a Twilight Solar, or a Getimian

Seiran and Ringo are Rabbit beastmen under the service of the Lunarian Kingdom
                      Doremy Sweet is probably a Dream-Souled, but could be a Second-Circle Demon, a Raksha, a Tapir Totem No Moon (with a lot of Dream Charms)
                      Sagume Kishin is a god with a particularly nasty curse on her from Jupiter
                      Clownpiece is either a very powerful First Circle (elevated in power by Junko) or some higher circle of Demon
                      Junko might be a god of resentment, or some form of exigent, or an Infernal
                      Hecatia is probably a Third Circle Demon - if not a Primordial in her own right

Joon and Shion Yorigami are gods of pestilence and poverty
                      Eternity Larva is a very powerful forbidden god disguised as a god of butterflies
                      Nemuno Sakata is a mountain goddess or elemental, or an Earth Aspect Outcaste, or a Full Moon Lunar very connected to her dominion
                      Aunn Komano is an enlightened terrestrial god or a Full Moon Lunar with a chimera totem (her Horned Dog thing) bonded to Reimu
                      Narumi Yatedera could be a terrestrial god, a first age automaton, or a Raksha
                      Mai Teireida and Satono Nishida are followers of Okina, either as mortal thaumaturgists, god-blooded, or even as her Exigents
                      Okina Matara is a powerful secret/forbidden god

Comment

Originally posted by KuiperBelt View Post
                        Parsee Mizuhashi is a God of Jealousy or a Raksha whose only mastered that 1 emotion
                        I could also see her being a ghost possessed by envy.

Rin Kaenbyou could be a particular death-y No Moon Necromancer with a two-tailed Cat Totem, or a lesser soul of Satori, or a Hecatonkheir
                        Utsuho Reiuji could be a Raven Totem Full Moon who found a very potent First Age Artifact, or a demon who artificially increased her power
                        Both of them could actually be Fire Elementals, with Utsuho having gained power by eating the corpse of a Greater Fire Elemental.

Nazrin is a Mouse Beastman Thaumaturgist (dowsing being her primary Ritual)
                        Could be a Celestial god servant of Bishamonten, which is pretty much what she is in Touhou; a divine mouse-person sent by her god to advise Shou and judge her worthiness. Like Jimminy Cricket, for becoming a Real War-God.

Shou Toramaru is an exigent of Bishamonten - God of Treasure, Tigers, and Warfare
                        Byakuren might have used Solar Lore Charms to transform a tiger-themed Raksha into a god, whom Byakuren then introduced to Bishamonten as a potential new servant.

Mamizou Futatsuiwa is a Tanuki Totem Full Moon
                        Changing or No Moon, certainly. She's a money lender, a tribal leader, and very skilled at transforming people and things into other things.

I neglected to mention that Kirisame Marisa might be a mortal sorceress. Editing my previous post.

I also didn't mean to suggest that Keine was a child of Tewi, but that odd cow-thing spirit with too many eyeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          Byakuren might have used Solar Lore Charms to transform a tiger-themed Raksha into a god, whom Byakuren then introduced to Bishamonten as a potential new servant.
                          Honestly, "a being created to represent the concept of a Tiger as envisioned by people who have never seen a Tiger" feels very Raksha. But her being the "avatar of Bishamonten" also feels like its explicitly Exigent, especially with Bishamonten being very clearly a distinct being in relationship to Shou.

(While I'm at it, the Jeweled Pagoda of Bishamonten is a really good name for an artifact - which appears to be made largely of Orichalcum with an orb of Adamant(?) in the center - though I do not have the Mechanical Mastery to start writing it up.)

Some other thoughts on Touhou-As-Exalted:
                          • Fairies are, by lore, very similar to 3e Elementals - beings springing up naturally out of, and representing, Nature. Though a lot of Fairies are hard to pin down as any particular kind of Elemental, they share an origin story, so if you wanted to rule that as more important than the fairy's specific nature, it's a route to go.
                          • The abundance of gods in Touhou is probably a good introduction to how gods in Exalted works, to those unfamiliar with animistic religion
                          • A lot of Youkai are hard to directly import to Exalted, as Youkai are directly fueled by the power of Belief, which isn't necessary to the existence of most sorts of beings in Exalted
                          Side-Note about Reisen: her Insanity Powers (which are technically wavelength powers?) and Lunar Symbolism (plus the Rabbit Thing) make me want to lean No Moon with a variety of weird Mind and Illusion charms, plus some sort of "turn moonlight into a physical projectile" charm for her original Yu Yu Hakusho-esque Spirit Bullets. (Eventually used to upgrade attacks from the Moonsilver Firewand she gets in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom) Plus her backstory of escaping the Moon to attain her own freedom feels like a Lunar exaltation.

Comment

Originally posted by KuiperBelt View Post
                            Honestly, "a being created to represent the concept of a Tiger as envisioned by people who have never seen a Tiger" feels very Raksha.
                            I know, right?

But her being the "avatar of Bishamonten" also feels like its explicitly Exigent, especially with Bishamonten being very clearly a distinct being in relationship to Shou.
                            I think it can work with Shou being a different sort of servant god to Bishamonten than the kind of role Nazrin plays.

(While I'm at it, the Jeweled Pagoda of Bishamonten is a really good name for an artifact - which appears to be made largely of Orichalcum with an orb of Adamant(?) in the center - though I do not have the Mechanical Mastery to start writing it up.)
                            I forget what the thing even does.

Fairies are, by lore, very similar to 3e Elementals - beings springing up naturally out of, and representing, Nature. Though a lot of Fairies are hard to pin down as any particular kind of Elemental, they share an origin story, so if you wanted to rule that as more important than the fairy's specific nature, it's a route to go.
                            Ironically, elementals are the ONLY spirit in Exalted that permanently dies when you kill them the normal way, while Touhou fairies are supposed to be virtually impossible to permanently kill to remove the guilt of blowing them out of the sky in droves. But then, Touhou is supposed to be the sort of "kinder and softer" franchise which sweeps under the rug that youkai like Suika likely ate innocent people.

The abundance of gods in Touhou is probably a good introduction to how gods in Exalted works, to those unfamiliar with animistic religion

A lot of Youkai are hard to directly import to Exalted, as Youkai are directly fueled by the power of Belief, which isn't necessary to the existence of most sorts of beings in Exalted
                            I find Raksha works well for most of them, especially the ones that hunt humans to eat them as a matter of nature they don't even question.

Side-Note about Reisen: her Insanity Powers (which are technically wavelength powers?) and Lunar Symbolism (plus the Rabbit Thing) make me want to lean No Moon with a variety of weird Mind and Illusion charms, plus some sort of "turn moonlight into a physical projectile" charm for her original Yu Yu Hakusho-esque Spirit Bullets. (Eventually used to upgrade attacks from the Moonsilver Firewand she gets in Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom) Plus her backstory of escaping the Moon to attain her own freedom feels like a Lunar exaltation.
                            The Lunar Exalted didn't even get an equivalent to Phantom-Conjuring Performance, and never have. They have nothing like Reisen's ability to control or produce wavelengths, create holograms, or induce hallucinations.

But I suppose Reisen could use the Swarm Charms for decoys and the fear-based Appearance Charms for inducing terror and panic. Mirror-Slip Trick seems fitting enough, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              But then, Touhou is supposed to be the sort of "kinder and softer" franchise which sweeps under the rug that youkai like Suika likely ate innocent people.
                              Not so much 'sweeps under the rug' as 'doesn't dwell on it'; it comes up occasionally in the games and official manga & books (very occasionally) that certain characters have killed/do kill.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                              X