Artifact that enhances sorcery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

.... I just have a headcanon that you can reduce the interval, as long as you're willing to reduce the total number of intervals.
    That...is much more balanced than what I saw. Sorry

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

That...is much more balanced than what I saw. Sorry
      ... I'm curious.

What did you see?

Comment

I find the idea of Artifacts that can enhance workings while narrowing them to be compelling.

I do wonder if any Artifact should be able to interact with sorcery in this manner that isn't a relic.

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
        That's what the artifact does. Evocations change but that's it's innate ability.

It was when Artifacts were simpler things, but there's a question of whether or not that's a bit too powerful to access as the default.

I'm not saying it strictly has to be, but that it's worth exploring.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Now I'm inspired.

I want to write an artifact. Mortal accessible. Focus on golems, minions and monsters. Get reduced difficulty and ambition for doing things like making golems, inflicting mutations, or making monsters.

Evocation that let you summon extra elementals or demons, or let you give them extra power.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            That's why you need something higher than Artifact 3 to summon the latter.
            Technically Irenio's Bell can do so with an Essence 4 repurchase of the capstone Evocation. So it's not out of bounds for Artifact 3, though likely at the very limit of what one can do and requiring a powerful user who's mastered its Evocations.

Comment

So I've decided to rate my artifact as level 3. It will reduce time for Terrestrial workings by one interval as a base power. Evocations will reduce the interval for celestial and solar as the sorceror learns those levels of sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by Tytalus View Post
                So I've decided to rate my artifact as level 3. It will reduce time for Terrestrial workings by one interval as a base power. Evocations will reduce the interval for celestial and solar as the sorceror learns those levels of sorcery.
                What about another evocation to reduce difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

What about another evocation to reduce difficulty?
                  As in, lowering the difficulty of the finess rolls, or ambition? That's a possibility I hadn't thought of and a good suggestion. By how much do you think is reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Tytalus View Post

As in, lowering the difficulty of the finess rolls, or ambition? That's a possibility I hadn't thought of and a good suggestion. By how much do you think is reasonable?
                    Lowering the difficulty.

I once had an idea. An evocation that works to give you decreased difficulty and extra rolls... As long as you hew to a certain theme in your work.

Want to make a waterfall in the desert? Nope, no easy stuff. You gotta make a machine that when cranked, spews out water. Want to make a golem? It's gotta be a steam and diesel punk, with gears, rods, pipes, and other shit. Wanna throw death Ray? You don't fire it from your hands. You conjure a Ray gun and then start firing.

Our sorcerer has access to spells similar to alchemical protocols and sorcery. She's going to make like a Agatha Heterdoyne.

Comment

Reducing the interval by one is really powerful, that potentially allows a Terrestrial 1 to occur instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fool of Creation View Post
                        Reducing the interval by one is really powerful, that potentially allows a Terrestrial 1 to occur instantly.
                        ... I still think the rule for letting you reduce intervals in exchange for reducing total number of intervals is a good idea.

You don't need to spend entire weeks just to ward pests from a field. Just cut down the intervals from 5 to 2, from once a week to once every hours, then bam. One ward cast. Just make sure to max out stats and spend an excellency.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fool of Creation View Post
                          It would still take 3 days, and cost the usual XP.

Comment

Working...
                          X