No announcement yet.

Exalted: Arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone has already built Starting Immaculates they can link me, that would be a great help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeesun View Post

More fun facts about my group's Dawn: now that they're Essence 3, they have pretty much all of those charms, plus Single Point, plus Resistance Supernal.

Solars don't fuck around.
      Yeah, I mean at that point why care about anything really? The Scarlet Empire bugging you? Go tear down the Imperial Palace, the Deliberative, and the Thosand Scales. Immaculate Order kind of getting on your nerves? Go knock over the Palace Sublime, that should make them think twice before scrounging up one of their little Wyld Hunts. Then maybe walk into Thorns completely casually and eradicate the presence of death from it, it's got a nice view, nice palace, could be a fun home to own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aranfan View Post
        If anyone has already built Starting Immaculates they can link me, that would be a great help.
        I can give you some, it won't take more than a few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Yeah, I mean at that point why care about anything really? The Scarlet Empire bugging you? Go tear down the Imperial Palace, the Deliberative, and the Thosand Scales. Immaculate Order kind of getting on your nerves? Go knock over the Palace Sublime, that should make them think twice before scrounging up one of their little Wyld Hunts. Then maybe walk into Thorns completely casually and eradicate the presence of death from it, it's got a nice view, nice palace, could be a fun home to own.

I mean, if you give DB battlegroups their QC Excellency in addition to might 3 they might still be threatening? Although, the only place likely able to field a battlegroup of DBs on short notice is probably Lookshy, who could probably manage a Size 3 group.

Comment

I mean, if you give DB battlegroups their QC Excellency in addition to might 3 they might still be threatening? Although, the only place likely able to field a battlegroup of DBs on short notice is probably Lookshy, who could probably manage a Size 3 group.
            You could definitely field one in the Imperial Palace, it has, or at least had, a standing population of DBs in the range of 1,000+. Although they'd be pretty ripe to just be cut down by an attack or two.

How optimized were you looking those 5 immaculates to be? Like artifact weapons and armor for all?

Comment

You could definitely field one in the Imperial Palace, it has, or at least had, a standing population of DBs in the range of 1,000+. Although they'd be pretty ripe to just be cut down by an attack or two.

How optimized were you looking those 5 immaculates to be? Like artifact weapons and armor for all?

Artifact form weapons, heaviest artifact armor the styles allow, since that's how the QCs do.

Comment

Artifact form weapons, heaviest artifact armor the styles allow, since that's how the QCs do.
                Well here's the basics anyway. I don't think I forgot anything vital.

Air

Strength 3
                Dexterity 5
                Stamina 3

Join Battle 6
                Disengage pool 11 +6 for 6m

Jade Chakram 16 from Close, +6 for 6m (Damage 13/3)
                Evasion 6, +3 for 6m
                Soak/Hardness: 8/4

Personal:13 Peripheral:26

Charms:

Air Dragon Sight: 1m 1i, ignore some penalties to evasion.

Cloud Treading Method: 5m, Ignore penalties for moving through difficult terrain.

Wind Dragon Speed: 5m, Ignore flurry penalty and cost for disengaging.

Breath-Seizing Technique: Useless against non-spirits.

Air Dragon Form: 8m add +1 to evasion and 1 autosuccess to stealth and disengage rolls.

Shroud of Unseen Winds: 4m Add Essence successes to stealth rolls, and may attempt stealth without cover.

Earth

Strength 5
                Dexterity 3
                Stamina 3

Join Battle 7

Jade Tetsubo 10, +6 for 6m (Damage 19/5)
                Parry 5, +3 for 6m
                Soak/Hardness: 14/10

Personal:13 Peripheral:24

Charms:

Stone Dragon Skin: 5m 1i, adds soak or hardness

Force of the Mountain: 3m, adds withering damage.

Stillness of Stone Atemi:2m +i, Adds overwhelming and may raise enemy mobility penalty.

Unmoving Mountain Stance: 6m, reduces initiative an attacker would gain from withering damage.

Earth Dragon Form: 9m, Raise soak and improve smash attacks.

Ghost Grounding Blow: Useless against non-spirits.

Fire

Strength 3
                Dexterity 5
                Stamina 3

Join Battle 10 +2 successes for 4m

Jade twinblades 16, +6 for 6m (Damage 13/4)
                Parry 6, +3 for 6m
                Soak/Hardness: 11/7

Personal:13 Peripheral:25

Charms:

Flash Fire Technique: 5m, can roll join battle twice, all charms must be paid for twice.

Searing Edge Attack: 3m, adds withering damage that the immaculate doesn't recieve

Flame Flicker Stance: 3m, Adds parry

Perfect Blazing Blow: 3m 1wp, adds accuracy to decisive attack

Fire Dragon Form: 7m, Adds onslaught penalties early and penalizes for missing decisive attack.

Water

Strength 3
                Dexterity 5
                Stamina 3

Join Battle 7

Jade Tiger Claws 16, +6 for 6m (Damage 13/3)
                Parry 5, +3 for 6m
                Soak/Hardness: 11/7

Personal:13 Peripheral:25

Charms:

Flowing Water Defense: 4m, flurry an attack and full defense.

Rippling Water Strike: 5m, Gain overwhelming and probably damage.

Drowning In Blood Technique: 3m, Decisive Attacks have a chance to increase wound penalty.

Shrugging Water Dragon Escape: 4m, Grapple and disengage enhancer.

Water Dragon Form: 10m, Add bonus dice equal to enemy wound penalty, increase soak.

Theft-Of-Essence Method: 4i, After crashing an enemy, steal essence from them.

Wood

Strength 3
                Dexterity 3
                Stamina 5
                Perception 5

Join Battle 6

Wrackstaff 14, +6 for 6m (Damage 15/4)
                Parry 6, +3 for 6m
                Soak/Hardness: 10/4

Charms:

Wood Dragon Vitality: 5m, Add to soak.

Eyes of the Wood Dragon: 4m, add Perception to withering damage, and can make piercing attacks.

Mind-Over-Body Meditation: 5m 1wp, Heal some damaged health levels.

Soul-Marking Style: 3m 2i, Decisive attack marks the target making them easier to hit

Wood Dragon Form: 10m, Gain temporary health levels.

Spirit Wracking Method: Useless against non-spirits.

Comment

Well here's the basics anyway. I don't think I forgot anything vital.

Wood

Strength 3
                  Dexterity 3
                  Stamina 5
                  Perception 5

Join Battle 6

Wrackstaff 14, +6 for 6m (Damage 15/4)
                  Parry 6, +3 for 6m
                  Soak/Hardness: 10/4

Charms:

Wood Dragon Vitality: 5m, Add to soak.

Eyes of the Wood Dragon: 4m, add Perception to withering damage, and can make piercing attacks.

Mind-Over-Body Meditation: 5m 1wp, Heal some damaged health levels.

Soul-Marking Style: 3m 2i, Decisive attack marks the target making them easier to hit

Wood Dragon Form: 10m, Gain temporary health levels.

Spirit Wracking Method: Useless against non-spirits.

Potentially the wood immaculate should have some archery? Any given attack would have to be archery or martial arts, but given the options to use a bow as a staff it seems somewhat intended.
                  It potentially would matter a lot, since I think it would free them from suffering counter-attacks. Unless I'm missing something.
                  Other thought on immaculate tactics - if all the monks spend a round aiming, they get mote regeneration and 3 non-charm dice, while my impression is the solar still spends their turn and 5m on Ri8DS.

Comment

• Originally posted by autXautY View Post

Potentially the wood immaculate should have some archery? Any given attack would have to be archery or martial arts, but given the options to use a bow as a staff it seems somewhat intended.
                    It potentially would matter a lot, since I think it would free them from suffering counter-attacks. Unless I'm missing something.
                    Other thought on immaculate tactics - if all the monks spend a round aiming, they get mote regeneration and 3 non-charm dice, while my impression is the solar still spends their turn and 5m on Ri8DS.
                    That’s true on archery, I’m not sure how far I should go into each of them though to give backup abilities. It could keep them safe from counterattacks though. I should also have given them some ox bodies.

The aiming thing is also a good tactic, in fact since Against the World drains 1i per turn you could theoretically wait that out forever. There’s other things you can do too like keep firing shots until you pierce the Solars defence, and then just stop and wait for the initiative reset before resuming attacking.

I’m not sure that’s really appropriate though. Clearly Against the World and Ri8DS are meant to trigger multiple counterattacks in one turn and not just have enemies ignore you while you use it. It also doesn’t work if the Solar has any allies, since they can protect the whole circle with War Lion Stance and the circle can just keep attacking.

Comment

• I have finished generating the Air Immaculate. Feel free to suggest anything that might help her win. I shall generate the Fire Immaculate next.

Comment

1. This post made me laugh way too loud at work.

2. It's a testament to 3e's ruleset, and the setting and vibe of the game itself, honestly, that this character that would be an absolute mechanical nightmare overshadowing every session in many other systems is instead (honestly) in some senses sort of a bit player in the -grand- grand scheme of my players' storyline. Like, he ensures whomever he's with isn't especially likely to be slain via battle or assassin, and he -equalizes- large conflicts Dynasty Warrior style, but he really can only be in one place at a time and he's not especially socially adept beyond having a high Resolve. The most recent thing he did that really swung things too much in the broader campaign was just...-equalize- two of Mask's key Abyssals in the River Province (particularly since he's got both Single Point and Edge of Morning Sunlight...they didn't have a good time).
                        Last edited by Zeesun; 10-22-2019, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Apologies, I've just been in actual 2e games where players have gone to the imperial palace with an unstable protoshinmaic vortex, told the deliberative "you serve me now or the city will be destroyed." and when the dynasts refused they dropped it, Heavenly Guardien Defenced the explosion and swaggered off in his Kireeki class skyship that he built in a week.

I think that was just before he broke into the loom of fate to boss around some pattern spiders into helping him out in a duel. I'm not sure my memory is a bit fuzzy that far back.

Either way it's not a gameplay experience I'm super keen on repeating, which in my experience 3e does a good job of...mostly. Sometimes though I get a feeling uncomfortably close to that old 2e feel where the players just slap around Raksi because there's nothing she can do about it. She's an Essence 7 elder Lunar with her own nation, show a little respect at least...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeesun View Post
                            (particularly since he's got both Single Point and Edge of Morning Sunlight...they didn't have a good time).
                            Wait, can you use Edge of Morning Sunlight with Single Point?

Comment

Wait, can you use Edge of Morning Sunlight with Single Point?

Edge of Morning Sunlight doesn't say it can be used with other abilities. So no.

Comment

• Hey, just found this thread, and I like it a lot. Respect to DrLoveMonkey particularly for starting the thread, and for all the contributors.

Something I have struggled with--and I believe that this is pretty standard for Exalted games--is putting up challenging but balanced enemies for them to fight. (Socially, I can pretty much dominate if necessary.)

If I put the group's characters on here, could someone help me out with this? In terms of composition, the group is two Solars (Investigation Supernal Twilight + Stealth Supernal Solar) and two Lunars (Chimeric Tyrant Lizard-Butterfly Changing Moon + Horse No Moon). Also, would people also offer advice--perhaps in another thread--as to how to best improve the characters with experience from the starting point given? Like, efficient Charm progression, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X