Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are people feeling about where Lunars are at, Power Wise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you can just gobble down a bush or tree or something. At that point, needing to eat isn't much of an issue.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      Yeah, you can just gobble down a bush or tree or something. At that point, needing to eat isn't much of an issue.
      That doesn't help when in extreme environments like the desert or tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
        That doesn't help when in extreme environments like the desert or tundra.
        I'm still not looking back at the manuscript, but did the Strength Charm not allow Lunars to consume literally anything?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Normally it just lets you eat anything "mundane living or once-living."

But with Stamina 5 you can eat any Mundane material. So yeah, you could eat sand.

My characters:
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

But with Stamina 5 you can eat any Mundane material. So yeah, you could eat sand.
            To the extent that a game venturing into a place where there will be literally no food is at all likely.

Mind, I have a clear bias; I don't like powers to divest one of the need for sustenance or sleep, at least not in the living Exalted. At least one of those is acceptable for the undead types.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

To the extent that a game venturing into a place where there will be literally no food is at all likely.
              I think it's more the time saved from the hassle of trying to find the food that's the advantage of the charm.

I think most Lunars are generally going to find hunting for food pretty practical, even in a desert or tundra. But if you're trying to fly 1000 miles as quickly as you possibly can to save your friend's city from an invading army, it saves time to just eat sand rather than go hunting through the barren desert for animals hiding beneath the sand.

(Still, if you're a small bird it's not like you need to eat a lot.)

My characters:

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                Mind, I have a clear bias; I don't like powers to divest one of the need for sustenance or sleep, at least not in the living Exalted. At least one of those is acceptable for the undead types.
                I feel like it's thematic for that to be doable through meditation (in Integrity or Martial Arts, could be Int or Wits for Lunars). Resistance/Stamina-based "I'm just so tough I don't need to eat/sleep" stuff is harder to defend, but could be seen as an Exalted exaggeration of real-world workaholics' crazy schedules. And I think Bear's Sleep is the only option for that sort of thing available to the Exalts we've seen that doesn't have a time limit on it.

Comment

Working...
                X