Should every DB be a sorcerer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
    Actually in 3e summon elemental lasts just as long as summoning a demon.
    Doesn't it only last a month? I don't have my books right now.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Never says anything about a month. Just
      Once summoned, the elemental must be bound to the
      sorcerer’s will, as per Demon of the First Circle (p. 473),
      except that an elemental cannot break free—if the binding
      fails, the elemental simply disperses back into raw Essence,
      and the sorcerer doesn’t regain the Willpower spent on
      the spell.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzio View Post
        The easiest way to justify it is to simply quote the first paragraph on p.309, under the heading "Student of the Heptagram":
        As teachers, we always say every student is different, and you have to teach them differently.

I could well imagine that the occult texts method is the main one tried, but students can access other methods, like alchemy, negotiating with spirits*, building a phylactery, geomancy, etc, if they find that one doesn't work for them. There's only a handful of students at a time, so each one probably gets a very individualised teaching method.

*I think though that they might avoid letting students negotiate with a demon for sorcery though. Dragonblood do have the right to command demons, but I can well imagine the teachers are wary of letting students negotiate with non-bound demons. Perhaps very trusted students.
        Still, I can also imagine a teacher binding a demon teacher to teach a student about the demomology under controlled circumstances.

My characters:
        Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
        Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Working...
        X