The Story Told Deagon Blooded review!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story Told Deagon Blooded review!

We return to Exalted to discuss the first major expansion to Exalted 3rd Edition in the form of Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought. The book introduces the Dragon-Blooded as playable characters in Exalted 3rd Edition. The book takes a deep look at the Dragon-Blooded society of the Realm and highlights Dragon-Blooded from beyond the Blessed Isle as well.

http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/episo...wrought-review

Nice review! Very cool!

Also the reason the throne has the same colours as Takhisis is just because DnD dragons have, I think coincidentally, the same colours as Creation’s jade.

Going colour, Creation, DnD there’s...

Black-Water-Acid
    White-Earth-Ice
    Red-Fire-Fire
    Blue-Air-Lightning
    Green-Wood-Poison
    Last edited by DrLoveMonkey; 04-25-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

good interview, if the only thing I would disagree with is that troubles the DBs are facing now can be to much for them to handle. Now that is true to a certain extent, DBs are the weakest Exalt and are their greatest when poring their resources together and by themselves they can't reach the same height as the Celestials. But other then that, its not like they are fully out of options they can't rely on. The families of dragon blooded are old and has been around since the beginning, they very much a lineage of Exalted champions, so they have picked up a few tricks. After all, the DBs all have the Scarlet Empress as a role model, and while its incredibly hard for them to reach her height, it is possible.

other than that you guys summarized it pretty good, so its been great

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
        Black-Water-Acid
        White-Earth-Ice
        Red-Fire-Fire
        Blue-Water-Lightning
        Green-Wood-Poison
        Blue is Air, not Water.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          Blue is Air, not Water.
          Fuck, how did I not notice I had Water twice...

Comment

I finally got a chance to listen and enjoyed it but going to have to challenge the idea brought up with the Temple of the Reverent Whisper. The idea that any Exalted were made from the get to to serve in a perfected First Age society (looking at DB and Lunar representation in 2e specifically) is something 3e is explicitly working to refute rather than just not touching on. They are Exalted and just expressing the themes and power of their patrons in different ways rather than any inherent need to kneel before a shiny golden god-king.

Both their 3e incarnations so far have made a lot of work to mention Lunar and Terrestrial dominions in the first age specifically even.

Comment

Working...
            X