Lunar Riddle Charm Ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Riddle Charm Ideas?

I’ve been discussing my Custom Charm concepts with Vance. Having eliminated some other ideas I’m left with an open concept that I want to make a Charm building off of one of my other charms. What powers would you like to see a Sphinx inspired Lunar wield with its riddles?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Gaining combat bonuses against people who answer wrong, to aid in devouring them? Stunning people with the power of the question, leaving them unable to react for a bit unless they can answer? It's an interesting one; I look forward to seeing what you and Vance come up with.

Comment

Opposed Wits + Occult roll to instill an Intimacy: Principle (I must answer this riddle). For every two successes by which the Lunar beats the target's roll, the strength of the Intimacy goes up by one step (Minor -> Major -> Defining). At the Defining level, the target cannot leave the Lunar's presence or take any action against her until he successfully answers the riddle.

Comment

I could see it as a method of taking someone's form. Or if they succeed, they get a mutation as a blessing perhaps.

Comment

A special bargain action where you persuade someone to do something or give something up if they fail to solve the riddle, but if they succeed you have to give something up or do something for them.

Building upon that, “Solve this riddle or I get your heart’s blood.” With the same price for their success as the Charm above.

Hitting someone with a riddle in the middle of combat to disorient them would be an advanced or pinnacle Charm. It might also carry the risk of stunning you in return if they solve it, or at least taking the time and energy to form a riddle in combat left you open for punishment by someone who solved it and attacked you.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Locking people into trying to solve the riddle, leaving them distracted while you do your thing (which is probably eating their face and most of their organs).

Comment

Originally posted by The MG View Post
              Locking people into trying to solve the riddle, leaving them distracted while you do your thing (which is probably eating their face and most of their organs).
              More modestly: Hitting them with a riddle outside of combat, and if they fail to solve it on the first attempt and you attack them before they roll again, they suffer a penalty on Join Battle.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Manipulation (Influence) : Create a riddle whose answer happens to be information you wish to acquire from the target. If successful, the target answers the riddle correctly without thinking, revealing the secret information.

Intellect (Mysticism) : Create a riddle describing a Shape you possess. If a friendly target guesses right, they can take that shape temporarily. If an enemy target guesses wrong, they are transformed into that shape against their will temporarily. No effect if target knows you possess that Shape or is told the answer by someone who knows it for certain.

Dexterity (Subterfuge) : Send another person's artifact Elsewhere on them and give them a riddle. They can only retrieve their artifact from Elsewhere upon answering the riddle (riddle must have a valid answer for the Charm to work)

Comment

Working...
                X