3rd Ed Sidereals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaque View Post
    I'd be surprised if many Sideereal elders are even higher than Essence 6 when it comes about.
    Yeah, considering that a handful of the greatest and most powerful Lunars who remember the First Age are Essence 6, and likely none are Essence 7, I imagine that's pretty much the same for the Sidereals.
    If they decide that Chejop should have the highest Essence of any Exalt in the game, it'll probably be 7, not the 9 he had in 2e. But I think there's a good chance even he will only have Essence 6.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      Yeah, considering that a handful of the greatest and most powerful Lunars who remember the First Age are Essence 6, and likely none are Essence 7, I imagine that's pretty much the same for the Sidereals.
      If they decide that Chejop should have the highest Essence of any Exalt in the game, it'll probably be 7, not the 9 he had in 2e. But I think there's a good chance even he will only have Essence 6.
      Raksi is Essence 7 as of the Lunars Kickstarter preview. In practice this just means she has larger mote pools than Lilith or Ma-Ha-Suchi as they each only get one unique "Elder Prowess" charm, but they don't seem to be making Essence 6 the absolute cutoff. I'd expect to see Chejop at 7 based on that, but if they want to make him the highest Essence Exalt rather than equal highest he'd need to be at least 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
        Raksi is Essence 7 as of the Lunars Kickstarter preview. In practice this just means she has larger mote pools than Lilith or Ma-Ha-Suchi as they each only get one unique "Elder Prowess" charm, but they don't seem to be making Essence 6 the absolute cutoff. I'd expect to see Chejop at 7 based on that, but if they want to make him the highest Essence Exalt rather than equal highest he'd need to be at least 8.

He's likely not the highest Essence Exalt; Rakan Thulio seems like a better candidate, considering he is at least the oldest Exalt alive. I'd say Chejop and people like Anys Syn would hit 7, like Raksi. And Rakan about 8, tops, if he's given the highest Essence. Otherwise a 7 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair View Post

He's likely not the highest Essence Exalt; Rakan Thulio seems like a better candidate, considering he is at least the oldest Exalt alive. I'd say Chejop and people like Anys Syn would hit 7, like Raksi. And Rakan about 8, tops, if he's given the highest Essence. Otherwise a 7 as well.
          Considering he's much older than raksi he should be at least at 8. Even in the first edition i remember it being implied that he was at 8 or 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
            Considering he's much older than raksi he should be at least at 8. Even in the first edition i remember it being implied that he was at 8 or 9.
            Essence doesn't have a lot of this "You're this old, you get this Essence" this edition. It's much more about personal development at 6+ and how much the indivdiual thinks that becoming more attune to their Essence will better how they want to do things. Chejob seems much more to me as a workaholic more interest in managing material and temporal issues, rather than high minded esoterica that I think greater Essence is implied to work with.

He had Essence 10 in previous editions in part beucase Essence was assumed to just be maxed-out for the assumed age of a particular character whenever possible, rather than having anything to do with actual interest in such things by the indivdiual.

And stuff.
            My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Essence doesn't have a lot of this "You're this old, you get this Essence" this edition.
              That's not actually been the reality of the situation in any edition. First and second edition are full of NPCs who haven't achieved the optimal essence for their age, it's just that it tended to be used to reafirm that NPC write-ups sucked.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
              Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Essence doesn't have a lot of this "You're this old, you get this Essence" this edition. It's much more about personal development at 6+ and how much the indivdiual thinks that becoming more attune to their Essence will better how they want to do things. Chejob seems much more to me as a workaholic more interest in managing material and temporal issues, rather than high minded esoterica that I think greater Essence is implied to work with.

He had Essence 10 in previous editions in part beucase Essence was assumed to just be maxed-out for the assumed age of a particular character whenever possible, rather than having anything to do with actual interest in such things by the indivdiual.
                I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure that in 2nd ed he had Essence 9. Which surprised people, but IIRC the point was that he was too busy, and too invested in his own ideology to achieve true perfect enlightenment.

My characters:
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                  Is he still much older than her? Not saying he isn't, but I am wondering if either of their ages are mentioned anywhere.

My characters:

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    That's not actually been the reality of the situation in any edition. First and second edition are full of NPCs who haven't achieved the optimal essence for their age, it's just that it tended to be used to reafirm that NPC write-ups sucked.
                    I mostly remember for a lot of 1e and 2e a lot of what felt liek infalted Essence stants. You had a lot of 5s about for anyone who was decently old, and then you had basically everyone over 100 as Essence 6, many Essence 7s and 8s about. 2e in particular I remember having a lot of 8-10 NPCs around, including Chejob specifically as a result of what I sitll was a view that 5,000 years old = has to be Essence 10.

And stuff.
                    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Is he still much older than her? Not saying he isn't, but I am wondering if either of their ages are mentioned anywhere.
                      He's still 5000 according to his chapter fiction. I don't think we've got an age on TQoF this edition.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Interestingly, 5000 doesn't mean he was born shortly after the Primordial War anymore, since they seem to have moved from the Primordial War ending 5000 years ago to the First Age being 5000 years long.

My characters:

Comment

• Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                          Considering he's much older than raksi he should be at least at 8.
                          There are probably a few Lunars who are noticeably older than Raksi that are Essence 4.

Chejop is probably quite puissant among the Exalted, but that's not going to be because of his age, but because he's a significnt architect of the Usurpation, the major guiding hand of the Realm through the Immaculate Order, and just has a general demeanour of "I have to take responsibility for ensuring the continued future of everything", as we see in his core book chapter fiction.

You can probably be Essence 6 when you're about 150 if you manage to achieve a legend of grandeur and distinction even by the standards of the Exalted.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

There are probably a few Lunars who are noticeably older than Raksi that are Essence 4.
                            I asked Vance a while ago about the Essence scores of surviving First Age elders once, as I was wondering if Essence 5 was a pretty reasonable score for a First Age Lunar (the ones in the book have Essence 6+, but they're particularly famous ones), and he said not all First Age Lunars are even Essence 5. And if Raksi's still one of the youngest First Age Elders, that does indeed mean there's Lunars older than her who are Essence 4.
                            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-12-2019, 07:35 AM.

My characters:

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                              You can probably be Essence 6 when you're about 150 if you manage to achieve a legend of grandeur and distinction even by the standards of the Exalted.
                              Hmmmm.....

I think I wouldn't want this to be a thing that really happens much in the setting; I really like the chart in the corebook that suggests most Exalts of a few hundred years are still Essence 3. (It's important because of how there's literally thousands of Dragonblood who are a few hundred years old.)

But theoretically possible yes, because I'm sure some ST somewhere is going to have a game where the players reach 1000xp when they've been exalted for like 10 years, and is going to think about maybe giving them Essence 6.

I mean, in the game I play, the PCs already have nearly 500xp, solidly into Essence 5, and they've been exalted for 1-30 years. Obviously I don't want them to go up to 6 (they can just fill out into different areas), but if we're still playing this game in 5 years, then I don't see a reason the game should tell the ST that they can't be Essence 6, if that's he wants to do.

My characters:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                I think I wouldn't want this to be a thing that really happens much in the setting
                                Neither do I. Grandeur and distinction by the standards of all Exalted shouldn't come cheap.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X