Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignoring Aura Options.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Shapechanger View Post
    That's more or less the intent of the first option. Every Charm is Balanced unless you choose to switch your Aura to a different Element (maybe because you just activated an Aura-Charm that give a juicy bonus if you are in a particular Aura and you want that). But even then, you switch the element, but the Aura don't stop.

    In the second option you buy a Merit so every charm of a certain element to be Balanced.

    In both cases you jusy keep Aura going since, for my understanding, what cause problems is the Aura stop working, not the fact that the Aura is of a particular element.
    I think you may be misunderstanding the aura mechanic.

    Under the heading "The Aura affects Charms in multiple ways", there's the bullet point that reads "Some Aura Charms have "Duration: Aura," indicating that they last only as long as the Dragon-Blood remains in that element's Aura." Bolding mine.

    So if you swap your aura over to a different element, all your duration: Aura charms would drop as well. Now, unlike Epimetheus, I don't think this is a bad thing. This is part of the core balance of the entire DB splat. It's about the only way that the DB don't just rofl-stomp everything in the setting. Plus it drives individual DB to specialize into individual elements.

    I think it adds flavour and balance but at the same time I can see why some people really hate the overall amount of bookeeping and how it locks away a lot of your stuff. That's why i suggested upthread to basically treat all charms as balanced so long as they aren't aura charms themselves, and to also get rid of aura lock from bonfire anima. I think it's silly that a fire aspect basically can't spec into water aura stuff if they want to because they'll basically always lose their core charms if they're in a fight that's strenuous enough that they're spending lots of essence.


    Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
      Under the heading "The Aura affects Charms in multiple ways", there's the bullet point that reads "Some Aura Charms have "Duration: Aura," indicating that they last only as long as the Dragon-Blood remains in that element's Aura." Bolding mine.
      Oh, I missed that one. Yeah, it limit a little the first option I proposed.

      Speaking of the limitation of Aura, I don't think it's necessarly a bad thing either, but I prefer to add mechanics then remove them. So, I'll prefer for the DB to have the ability to off-set the problem instead of just giving a blank all-element Aura mechanics. In that way, sure, powerful DB like Her Redness and PG's can basically combo every charm and steamroll everythiing that's not a equally powerful Celestial Exalted, but 'down to Earth' DB are still limited and so the power-balance of the world is more or less kept.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
        I think you may be misunderstanding the aura mechanic.

        Under the heading "The Aura affects Charms in multiple ways", there's the bullet point that reads "Some Aura Charms have "Duration: Aura," indicating that they last only as long as the Dragon-Blood remains in that element's Aura." Bolding mine.

        So if you swap your aura over to a different element, all your duration: Aura charms would drop as well. Now, unlike Epimetheus, I don't think this is a bad thing. This is part of the core balance of the entire DB splat. It's about the only way that the DB don't just rofl-stomp everything in the setting. Plus it drives individual DB to specialize into individual elements.

        I think it adds flavour and balance but at the same time I can see why some people really hate the overall amount of bookeeping and how it locks away a lot of your stuff. That's why i suggested upthread to basically treat all charms as balanced so long as they aren't aura charms themselves, and to also get rid of aura lock from bonfire anima. I think it's silly that a fire aspect basically can't spec into water aura stuff if they want to because they'll basically always lose their core charms if they're in a fight that's strenuous enough that they're spending lots of essence.
        Because aura duration charms are expensive. And are only useful if they have multiple turns of use. A system where the charm is still on but suppressed till you get aura back would be more fair for the commitment you need.

        Again these charms are already levels below what celestials get and I would prefer they be even weaker if that's the intent then this unfun. Because losing access to charms, buying dead charms, having systems where you lose out on powers to use. These are not hallmarks of a fun system.

        This is why this thread started because someone wants to use dragon blooded by his players don't want to use the aura system.
        Last edited by Epimetheus; 05-02-2019, 05:54 PM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post

          Because aura duration charms are expensive. And are only useful if they have multiple turns of use. A system where the charm is still on but suppressed till you get aura back would be more fair for the commitment you need.

          Again these charms are already levels below what celestials get and I would prefer they be even weaker if that's the intent then this unfun. Because losing access to charms, buying dead charms, having systems where you lose out on powers to use. These are not hallmarks of a fun system.

          This is why this thread started because someone wants to use dragon blooded by his players don't want to use the aura system.

          I'm gonna second this "Suppressed until you go back to Aura but still active" idea.

          Comment

          Working...
          X