Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Meeting 29/4/19

Exigents is now in first drafts.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

ヾ(・ω・*)ノ❀ヅ❤♫

°\(^▿^)/°

┗(^0^)┓

Freelancer for Exalted | Content creator and worldbuilder
    Youtube Channel | Patreon

Comment

Interesting.

I wonder when we'll see any previews. Unlike DBs and Lunars, I have no real preconceptions, particular things I want to see, etc. So I'm not really excited by Exigents per-se, but something new and inspiring could make a big difference.
      Especially the different kinds of Exigents (and non-Exigents) shown in the book, which are all very new.

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

if we get previews my guess is that it would probably be about the four example Exigents they have in the book, like Janest

Comment

Hmmm... with the previous two splats, they did three previews I think? A couple of mechanics previews, and a fluff preview? Something like that?

The thing of course, is that it was three previews about Lunars, or three previews about Dragonblood.
          Exigents is a bit different.
          Will they do, say, a preview of one of the four example Exigent types? A preview of something general about Exigents, for example the charm-creation rules or fluff about the Exigence itself? Will they do any previews for the three other kinds of Exalts in the appendix or not?

My characters:
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Since they just posted it, they probably only just hired the writers. I’d expect it to be a month or two before we saw anything at all.

I also expect Exigents to be much harder to write than any other splat book ever, so I’m trying very hard not to have any timeline expectations for it.

Comment

Oh, I certainly don't expect previews for months. Probably August or something.

I think Exigents is very difficult to write, but I don't know if it'll be longer. It may have a lot less charms, since it's about making your own charmset.
              It also may have less fluff, as it has no organisation that needs a chapter like the Silver Pact, Realm, etc.

On the other hand, it's going to contain 7 sets of character gen rules+traits+charmsets, so there may be just as much.

My characters:

Comment

The biggest thing I'm curious about is how the hell they're going to do stretch goals.

And stuff.
                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

More example Exigents would be the obvious one. They could also do more charms or something for the non-canonical Exalt types.

My characters:

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                    Oh, I certainly don't expect previews for months. Probably August or something.

I think Exigents is very difficult to write, but I don't know if it'll be longer. It may have a lot less charms, since it's about making your own charmset.
                    It also may have less fluff, as it has no organisation that needs a chapter like the Silver Pact, Realm, etc.

On the other hand, it's going to contain 7 sets of character gen rules+traits+charmsets, so there may be just as much.

It has four sample sets of Exigent Charms, a couple of which have been confirmed, so it does have a ton of Charms. To put it into perspective, book's so big that they cannot put any Martial Arts, Sorcery or Artifacts in it, though with its rules you can make your own much easier I'd hope. Though unfortunately we're not getting Charms for the optional Exalts as far as we've heard.
                    Last edited by Alistair; 05-01-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Well they said there would be notes on what their charms should be like. If the info on building charms is good, then it shouldn’t be too difficult to make them playable.

Comment

Oh really? I didn't realise that.

My characters:

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                          Well they said there would be notes on what their charms should be like. If the info on building charms is good, then it shouldn’t be too difficult to make them playable.

Indeed! It's just more of a "Build it yourself" deal. But four Charmsets is pretty damn good as is.

Comment

If I was going to do stretch goals for Exigents, one thing I would plan on doing was making sure that the appendix with the extra exalts went out in the middle of the KS. That would give a bit of time for everyone to absorb the info. Then, if we hit enough goals, maybe we have a stretch goal that lets us vote for one of them to be expanded in the companion.

Comment

Have they stated they intend to do a Kickstarter for Exigents? Or is that just presumed based on general "splat books get Kickstarted" mindset? I asked in the Devs thread but only because it caught my attention here that we're presuming there will be one.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X