Monday Meeting 29/4/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
    Have they stated they intend to do a Kickstarter for Exigents? Or is that just presumed based on general "splat books get Kickstarted" mindset? I asked in the Devs thread but only because it caught my attention here that we're presuming there will be one.

All books except maybe Liminals and Getimians have been said to be getting a Kickstarter as far as I know. They've also talked about stretch goals for it and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      If I was going to do stretch goals for Exigents, one thing I would plan on doing was making sure that the appendix with the extra exalts went out in the middle of the KS. That would give a bit of time for everyone to absorb the info. Then, if we hit enough goals, maybe we have a stretch goal that lets us vote for one of them to be expanded in the companion.
      That makes sense.

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

What fortuitous timing; if anything could bring me back, it's Exigents. That's exciting.

Comment

It will be pretty nice to get this book when it finally comes. For stretch goals on it the possibilities are endless really. Additional Charm sets, additional exigent examples, additional general type charms, new sorceries, spells, literally anything. It is a book that has a ton of ground to cover but everything I have seen from this team so fr I believe they will pull it off brilliantly. With this much of an advanced warning I will have plenty of time to save up.

For a side question, what are you all wishing they would have in the stretch goals or add ons that would excite you? A couple things I hope to see a listed below.

Cloth Map (They are just to awesome love them)
          Paper money replicas. (Possibly even house examples?)
          3D printing blueprints or a partner that will print possibly some miniatures for Exalted
          Ink stamp of some house or other powers forces
          some coin replicas of Dinars

Love to hear everyone else's thoughts on this as well. I personally love having a physical item or prop to use as a player and ST.

Comment

What would the cloth map of though? The only thing that pops up is Great Forks but I think that's to small. That and Yu Shan though I'd think they would save that for Sidereals

Comment

The best stretch goal for the fan would be "We will write a charmset for your Exigent", but that will never happen 😢

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Need real precise charms creation rules.

Comment

I'd love more charmsets of Exigents that were in the Core Book as a stretch goal, especially the Chosen of Seals, Masks, or Dice.

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                  The best stretch goal for the fan would be "We will write a charmset for your Exigent", but that will never happen 😢
                  I could see them making a "Miracles of the Solar Exalted" type addon with less open slots but where each contributor gets a general description of their exigent + a few charms to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                    Hmmm... It has potential actually, if it doesn't have to be too exact, and they're going to put in some more anyway.

My characters:
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Reward Tier possibility: we will stat up your Exigent as a starting character with the necessary out of the gate Charms for the Companion (not a complete set, you’ll have to do the growth yourself, but enough for them to be fully playable from go)

That could perhaps be priced around the same as a custom Artifact.

Stretch Goals will be harder. What we want are additional full Exigent Charmsets beyond the 4 in the book, but making those stretch goals will have to be very high priced and spaced out. I certainly would love to see the Chosen of Dice, Seals, etc show up.
                      Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-07-2019, 01:38 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Reward Tier possibility: we will stay up your Exigent as a starting character with the necessary out of the gate Charms for the Companion (not a complete set, you’ll have to do the growth yourself, but enough for them to be fully playable from go)
                        That works.

I was thinking essentially, that if they're going to put in extra charm sets anyway, they could sell the "theme" of the charmset. But then, the themes people suggest may not inspire the devs as much as their own ideas.

My characters:

Comment

Yeah, it also seems to me that there's more potential for unintended wonkiness in such a charmset to have a greater impact with just a handful of fully realized sample Exigents slated to appear than if there's some in an artifact writeup when we have dozens of previous examples across several books.

Comment

I really want a reward tier to add new Exigents so I can fund something for Shield of a Different Day or Weaver of Dreams of Victory, but it's bound to be absurdly expensive.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                            [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                            [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                              I really want a reward tier to add new Exigents so I can fund something for Shield of a Different Day or Weaver of Dreams of Victory, but it's bound to be absurdly expensive.
                              They straight out said they wouldn't do that. But options such as "At this level we'll make your exigent into a chargen character with starting charms written out" are not ruled out yet.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
                              Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                If I was going to do stretch goals for Exigents, one thing I would plan on doing was making sure that the appendix with the extra exalts went out in the middle of the KS. That would give a bit of time for everyone to absorb the info. Then, if we hit enough goals, maybe we have a stretch goal that lets us vote for one of them to be expanded in the companion.
                                I am not deciding on Kickstarter goals, and I am only writing for Exigents, but the Optional Exalted are not given shortness in the book simply out of lack of space. The reasons they were relegated to being optional were manifold: Chiefly, that even after reconceptualizing them from their original pitches, they simply didn't have enough narrative grist to sustain a full splat and multiple playstyles. It'd be like giving Fire Elemental God-Blooded a fatsplat.

The fact that the setting is lousy with Exalts, and there is a book whose chief hook is, "You can be any Exalt you want of virtually any conceptual god," did not help matters. Those Exalted have no history and no place in the setting. Having a lot of Exalted works for the setting of a game called Exalted; having them simply for the virtue of wanting more Exalted is not a good reason.

And frankly, if you're going to expand one of them, you're going to have to expand all of them, lest they be seen as more canonical than the others. And they are flatly not canonical Exalt types, any more so than the Chosen of Nox or the Chosen of Pluto, the Maiden of Hours.

Neall Raemonn Price
                                Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X