Other "planes of existence"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    Previously there was also a kind of other Creation off in the Wyld called the Faraway I think, and also the reverse underside of creation where the Primordials stuck all their failed creations and experiments. Between those and all the other worlds mentioned there should be plenty out there beyond the wildest imaginings of creationites. There’s also theoretically infinite potential and infinite possibilities in the Wyld. Of course if we lose the Lava Lamp Wyld you won’t hear me complain.
    Actually, in one of similar threads (which I was unaware of, when starting this one), Steven Lea Sheppard indirectly confirmed that Faraway exists in 3rd edition, since he's written that in 3e it's "probably distinct from Zen-Mu." Thank you for pointing out Arms of the Chosen passage about Scorpion Empire. The relevant passage goes as follows (Arms of the Chosen, the last sentence on p 147):

Some came from the chaos beyond reality’s edge, others from dark and vasty depths under the world, and yet more from places that the Second Age has no name for or language to describe
    So I think, it can be safely summarised that while focus has been turned to more "low-keyish" stuff, and probably not treated systematically in this edition, we can still expect a good number of stranger realms beyond Creation are still a thing.

On a related note: some of people contributing to this thread have already mentioned some sources. As far as I understand, in Exalted there never was any equivalent of "Beyond the Barriers: the book of worlds" from WoD or "Astral Realms" from CoD. What books in Exalted did elaborate more on cosmology? I do not even mean a systematic treatment as much as a bunch of storyhooks.

Comment

Though exactly what the Scorpion Empire is is a bit hazy. Masters of Jade implies that they're not Raksha, but the whole "scorpion" thing is reminiscent of Ishiika (Balor's weirdass scorpion sword). It might be a weird Freehold, though I'm leaning towards something else. 3e also has pockets of semi-stable Creation out in the Wyld, one is ruled by an Asura-like behemoth who used to hold up the sky way back when the Primoridals were making Creation

Comment

There's also the Comet Gnosis, which may be one of Gaia'sThird Circle Devas but might be a pocket realm she made to traverse the Wyld more easily(it might be where Yatani's Children are from).
        Last edited by HamSandLich; 05-11-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
          Though exactly what the Scorpion Empire is is a bit hazy. Masters of Jade implies that they're not Raksha, but the whole "scorpion" thing is reminiscent of Ishiika (Balor's weirdass scorpion sword). It might be a weird Freehold, though I'm leaning towards something else. 3e also has pockets of semi-stable Creation out in the Wyld, one is ruled by an Asura-like behemoth who used to hold up the sky way back when the Primoridals were making Creation

It's been confirmed they're not Raksha in 3e, they're a different kind of Wyld creature. Apparently, they hurt to look at. Not much I can remember about dev answers on the topic past that though.

Comment

. 3e also has pockets of semi-stable Creation out in the Wyld, one is ruled by an Asura-like behemoth who used to hold up the sky way back when the Primoridals were making Creation
            I missed that somewhere, that's pretty radical. Is that out of Lunars or did I miss it somewhere in other published books this edition?

Comment

Masters of Jade implies that they're not Raksha, but the whole "scorpion" thing is reminiscent of Ishiika (Balor's weirdass scorpion sword).
              Ishiika was merely tamed by Balor, and is an aspect of the shinma Nishkriya.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

I missed that somewhere, that's pretty radical. Is that out of Lunars or did I miss it somewhere in other published books this edition?
                Its in one of the "Hundred Devils Night Parade" publications, the one featuring the "Strix" and "Zicnal the Asmani"

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Ishiika was merely tamed by Balor, and is an aspect of the shinma Nishkriya.

Yeah, though its appearance as a Scorpion specifically is used as a symbol by the Church of Balor(according to an old Vance post), and makes me wonder if the Scorpion Empire has some reverence for or connection to Nishkriya in its Ishiika aspect

Comment

I'm gonna regret this, but what are Nameless Lair and House of Tears?

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                      Nameless Lair is Maha’s hang out. In 2e it infamously had what I’d describe as “rape pits”z

Storyteller Vault Productions: The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol. 2 https://www.storytellersvault.com/m/product/273213 Patreon, with my own games, here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety My folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                        TW: RAPE

Ok, now that that's out of the way, the Nameless Lair is the Elder Lunar Warlord Ma-Ha-Suchi's base of operations throughout the editions. In 1e-2e, he was a psychotic, wyld warped luddite with an irrational hatred of beauty and civilization. The Nameless Lair was a first age manse complex that contained an artificial Wyld Zone called the Rutting Pens, where he would keep captive men and women that he would systematically rape or have raped in order to produce wolf/goat beastmen offspring. He would then indoctrinate the beastmen into his insane social darwinist philosophy, using Wyld corruption to turn them into simplistic mental caricatures of themselves so they'd be an obedient barbarian horde with no nuance or capacity to rebel against his agenda.

The House of Bitter Tears is a kingdom in the Labyrinth, near the lower levels of the maze and the Neverborn(this makes them actually more insane than most Deathlords), run by the vengeful spectres of a group of concubines that a FA solar raped to death. It provides ghost prostitutes to the beings of the Labyrinth to ravage as the will, with the twist being each of the ghost prostitutes is a former male serial rapist that's had their corpus multilated into a feminine shape and been enslaved to suffer the same treatment they inflicted upon women in life.
                        Last edited by HamSandLich; 05-11-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Mind, these things are from past editions and well done-away with in 3e.

Comment

Well, the Nameless Lair and Ma-Ha-Suchi are still around, just toned down to something tolerable

Comment

Back to other realms of existence: FA solars also made a bunch of pocket dimensions stored in their artifacts. There's one in 3e inside of a soulsteel mace containing the soul of a dead sorcerer who you can bargain with for information.

Oramus has his conceptual "Beyond" and arguably each of the Yozis is a pocket dimension in and of themselves. The Well of Udr was connected to both Oblivion and the conceptual space where worlds that never were crash against each other. When the Silver Chair and Daystar were still a thing, they were basically miniature worlds (moreso in the Silver Chair's case, being full of Luna's alter egos and places for her and Gaia to chill, the Daystar was just a huge fortress).

Comment

DBs also has an Artifact where you can delve into another dimension in WFHW. The Ragara Artifact

Comment

Working...
                                X