What House Rules Do You Use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99wattr89 View Post
    We've been trying out a rule to attempt to bridge that gap to make that feel less jarring by representing very weak but not totally trivial individual opponents with the Battle Group mechanics, modelling them as a size 0 battle group. Unlike a normal battle group, these trivial, size 0 ‘groups’ don't have the area attacks of larger ‘true’ battle groups.
    This is in the book.

Comment

1: No training times.
      2. Alternate craft system (if anyone cares about being a crafter, if not it isn't really an issue)
      3: Any Martial Artist who takes Single Point Style uses it as if they were a terrestrial (In a solars game)

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

This is in the book.
        It is?! Where?

Comment

Can't open the books atm, but "Trivial Opponents" take withering damage straight into their health boxes. Trivial opponents are not "they're irrelevant" types, those the book just recommend you don't spend more than a roll into resolving. They are an important element in that combat, just not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
            Can't open the books atm, but "Trivial Opponents" take withering damage straight into their health boxes. Trivial opponents are not "they're irrelevant" types, those the book just recommend you don't spend more than a roll into resolving. They are an important element in that combat, just not a big deal.
            Well gosh, it's in the sidebar on page 208 - Noncombatants and Trivial Opponents, it's exactly the same as my 'houserule' save for their initiative being 0 rather than being rolled! I thought it was an original houserule, but I guess I was just creatively overcoming my own ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
              Just FYI That's actually in the Core rules :
              But I created a specific rule: when you have a training factor (anything helping in your training) you cut the time by one-half. If have two training factors or more, the training time is reduced by one-third.
              The rules in the corebook only say that, but don't specify any rules or method to use that.

Comment

There is only one Craft ability score to keep track of; you only need to buy a specialty for each subtype of crafting you wanna be able to do. Charms that are supposed to interact with that bit are conveniently ignored until it bites me in the ass somehow, but I really don't think it will.

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

On to houserules.
                  1) Craft's just 4 abilities: general purpose, artifacts, geomancy and first age. The couple charms made to facilitate having 450 crafts are gone.
                  2) Time spent "adventuring" serves as training time.
                  3) Charms that are obviously just essence-gated upgrades of previous charms are rolled into the text of such charms.
                  3.1) We don't charge xp for charm repurchases when those are gated by essence. You'll buy each ox body, but your fate-shifting solar arete will just up itself at E4.

Comment

Working...
                  X