Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

There is a prison greater even than Malfeas reserved for the greatest criminals of the world. Once an individual is consigned to its depths their existence in the world as they knew it is completely erased, it's as though they never existed. Some say that there is a window allowing these unknown and unknowable entities to gaze out at the world that exists obliviously without them longing for release or a death that will never come...

This forbidden text, believed to be produced by the prison's wardens the Redactors is all that documents these damned inmates and suggests reasons for their punishment.

Desus

Desus never thought of himself as a villain, but no seperation existed between the life he lived and the abuse he carried out upon his wife and Lunar Mate Lilith behind closed doors. He was introduced first and foremost as a bully and abuser with the fanbase charged with the task of inventing heroic tasks that he could be held in high regard for. They didn't, instead Desus' abuses became a meme until he transitioned from flawed hero to probable living identity for The Silver Prince.
    The idea that Lilith was better off without him left Desus sick to his stomach, he watched her romance with the pretender Andamani play out being delighted by his death. He still watches his former mate on nights of the Full Moon vowing to find his way back to her somehow.

Tachi-Kun

The former God of Exalted Warfare wonders what he did to deserve this fate, he blames two factors.
    The First is the Bronze Faction for his disdain towards the Dragon-Blooded. Though privately he considers that his lack of development, his ill defined rivalry with Voharun and how his purview of Exalted Warfare seemed to translate to rolling more dice and turning into a dragon for... reasons. He was also cursed with a name that is Japanese for "Sword Friend" which led to the Redactors to replace him. It's perhaps telling that Tachi-Kun pays little heed to the world he was once part of.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Can't say I was a fan of Desus, but 3e Lilith seems so...boring and indecisive now. She went from having a justifiably wary view of the returning Solars and intentions to police their abuses to pining over a dead guy for centuries. Before she was "Dangerous Action Mentor" that warned Swan of the dangers of hubris.

Comment

Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
      Can't say I was a fan of Desus, but 3e Lilith seems so...boring and indecisive now. She went from having a justifiably wary view of the returning Solars and intentions to police their abuses to pining over a dead guy for centuries. Before she was "Dangerous Action Mentor" that warned Swan of the dangers of hubris.
      Lilith has never felt like a full character to me.
      Mostly because Swan was the Eclipse signature character, if he was an example of who your guy could be she was an example of what your guy's First Age baggage might entail. Most people I 've met over the years who were inspired by Lilith just made their own character and even the abusive aspect of it became normalised.

Comment

My biggest problem with 3e Lilith is that the default inspiration character from her is going to be "hey new solar, want a girlfriend?" as opposed to "here's your estranged wife from centuries ago, if you fuck up and be less than the hero you say you are, she'll rip out your heart and eat it". Sure, neither is a full character, but one has agency and an agenda and the other has defined her existence around a relationship that doesn't really exist anymore. She's a Lunar, from whence comes this stagnation?

Comment

My biggest problem with 3e Lilith is that the default inspiration character from her is going to be "hey new solar, want a girlfriend?" as opposed to "here's your estranged wife from centuries ago, if you fuck up and be less than the hero you say you are, she'll rip out your heart and eat it". Sure, neither is a full character, but one has agency and an agenda and the other has defined her existence around a relationship that doesn't really exist anymore. She's a Lunar, from whence comes this stagnation?

Which is why her Intimacy towards Andamani's reincarnation is "Ambivalent."

Wait, no, that's the exact opposite of stagnation and a pretty understandable reaction to realizing you've spent literal centuries in a fugue over a personal tragedy.

And really, I can't say I dislike Lilith the PTSD Owl at all; she's damaged, but she's damaged in a way that is pretty realistic. I get the sense she has some codependency issues and Andamani's death was simply the inciting incident in a long spiral of tragedies caused by the Usurpation. And, more importantly, she's trying to come back to a healthy relationship, as opposed to something she remembers as a cycle of abuse, and is portrayed as being on the mend instead of barely holding together.

Kind of a step up, and has a lot more agency, if you ask me.

Comment

2e-Ebby entry when?

Comment

The version of Sesus that was male (don't think they ever had a picture though)

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

Hmm, Yozi Scarlet Empress should probably wind up here at some point.

Comment

Hmm I honestly don't recall this Tachi individual, Dreams of the First Age?

Comment

Originally posted by Mizu View Post
                    The version of Sesus that was male (don't think they ever had a picture though)
                    Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
                    Hmm, Yozi Scarlet Empress should probably wind up here at some point.
                    I'm not doing entries for characters who've been altered or reverted to an earlier version. Lilith is still Lilith but Andamani isn't Desus.

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                    Hmm I honestly don't recall this Tachi individual, Dreams of the First Age?
                    Compass Blessed Isle and Houses of the Bull God, he was also the central war god.

Comment

On a more sombre note, the Sun's long neglected former-friend/family member posse of Nysela, Little Beam, and Bannery Bu are kaput

Comment

On a more sombre note, the Sun's long neglected former-friend/family member posse of Nysela, Little Beam, and Bannery Bu are kaput
                        I don't believe we've said that.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

So... What about You-Know-Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                            I assumed MRL is the solar general that was mentioned in the Lunar bond write up

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
                            Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
                            My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              Lord Voldemort?

Comment

Working...
                              X