Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
    Can't say I was a fan of Desus, but 3e Lilith seems so...boring and indecisive now. She went from having a justifiably wary view of the returning Solars and intentions to police their abuses to pining over a dead guy for centuries. Before she was "Dangerous Action Mentor" that warned Swan of the dangers of hubris.
    Who the fuck cares about Swan? I want npcs that are relevant for my player characters.

She’s only “indecisive” because the pc who is the reincarnation of her spouse hasn’t acted yet for her to react against and form an opinion. She absolutely still has the “will rip your heart out and eat it in front of you as the life goes out of your eyes” potential if your pc disappoints her.

I strongly recommend reading Lilith’s 1E material from before one of the setting’s most iconic Lunars was crammed into a parable about how big douches First Age Solars were as her primary narrative function.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I hope Queen K'Tula's not in there

Comment

Originally posted by Maseiken View Post
        No they mean Lilun.
        Yes. Guess I can throw that sort-of-joke in the failure box.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastet View Post
          Lord Voldemort?
          Yeah, he's been thoroughly scrubbed from canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
            The funny thing is, with a new type of Exalted who are literally defined by having had their existence retconned, any mortal NPC who seems to have become irrelevant in 3E might actually have become a Getimian .

I was thinking exactly the same when seeing the title and part of the OP. Maybe they could make an elder council of the Gentimians?

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Who the fuck cares about Swan? I want npcs that are relevant for my player characters.

She’s only “indecisive” because the pc who is the reincarnation of her spouse hasn’t acted yet for her to react against and form an opinion. She absolutely still has the “will tip your heart out and eat it in front of you as the life goes out of your eyes” potential if your pc disappoints her.

I strongly recommend reading Likith’s 1E material from before one of the setting’s most iconic Lunars was crammed into a parable about how big douches First Age Solars were as her primary narrative function.

Not to mention her novel interactions with Dace in 1st & 2nd edition both were so much more entertaining than the Desus soap opera...
            Last edited by Baaldam; 05-27-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

She’s only “indecisive” because the pc who is the reincarnation of her spouse hasn’t acted yet for her to react against and form an opinion. She absolutely still has the “will tip your heart out and eat it in front of you as the life goes out of your eyes” potential if your pc disappoints her.

I strongly recommend reading Likith’s 1E material from before one of the setting’s most iconic Lunars was crammed into a parable about how big douches First Age Solars were as her primary narrative function.
                Mainly because he was the most grounded and down to earth signature solar for 1e-2e. Panther spent too much time punching rather than saving, Dace was a mercenary, Jade has bad habits from her time in the Salmalin, and Arianna is three different kinds of jerkass. Of them all, he was the most likely to want to do something heroic (other than violence), to question the assumption that Solars are inherently righteous, and the most likely to recommend a peaceful course of action. Which is all kinds of surprising given that he grew up in Coral.

Comment

...to question the assumption that Solars are inherently righteous,...
                  I'm sorry, but I find myself confused on this statement? Isn't the common assumption about Solars in creation that they're 1)Literal Sun stealing demon sorcerers. or if more educated 2) Exalted that eventually turn bat shit insane, destroying everything around them, and being generally super god damn evil?

Where an assumption like that one is even coming from? Other then perhaps the Sun for Zeniths.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronos12 View Post
                    Where an assumption like that one is even coming from?
                    I'm going to say Abyssals and how they're portrayed as an evil antithesis who can find redemption and become Solars.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronos12 View Post

I'm sorry, but I find myself confused on this statement? Isn't the common assumption about Solars in creation that they're 1)Literal Sun stealing demon sorcerers. or if more educated 2) Exalted that eventually turn bat shit insane, destroying everything around them, and being generally super god damn evil?

Where an assumption like that one is even coming from? Other then perhaps the Sun for Zeniths.
                      Any Solar who's had contact with the Cult of the Illuminated or just been wandering around doing Lawgiver things.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        But the best place to do that would be in the Realm, and she's not mentioned (unlike several of the Empress's other young children), so I'm guessing we'll just never see her mentioned again.
                        That only holds true if you assume people buy every book in the gameline. The main place people are going to look for assurance that Lillun isn't the Pylactery Womb is Infernals, I could picture her showing up as a Green Sun Prince similar to Princess Charlotte in Modern Age.

Comment

I don't understand that reference, but I see your general point about Infernals.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            I don't understand that reference, but I see your general point about Infernals.
                            Lioness is referencing the Modern Age chapter of Shards of the Exalted Dream, which features one Princess Charlotte, the 14 year old orphaned heir to the Meruvian throne, as an Infernal. Lilun as an Infernal would be similar to her conceptually.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Sesus Chenow (aka: Dragon-Blooded War Criminal Extraordinaire) and his equally vile household weren't mentioned in WFHW this edition

Comment

Sesus Chenow (aka: Dragon-Blooded War Criminal Extraordinaire) and his equally vile household weren't mentioned in WFHW this edition
                                They could simply be out of focus.
                                Chenow's in the same basic situation as Peleps Deled where he's not really relevant to his Great House and more of a foil to Exalts in the threshold. As for his family, there's indication elsewhere in the book that the major lines still exist but are being downplayed in favour of showcasing a common Great House identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X