Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
    Well, in 3e, even if Chenow is still around, its unlikely his actions so far would have merited the granting of an entire household. He doesn't display any traits that the Masked Council would approve of.
    What traits did he display that made the Sesus of 1st/2nd edition go from "I'm going to disown you" to "I'm going to let you form your own Household"?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Huh, looking through The Realm, it may seem that I was wrong about Sesus Chenow being an example of a disappointment to 3e House Sesus, if anything, they'd view him as a special asset:
      No Great House matches House Sesus’ reputation for blasphemy, cruelty, duplicity, and depravity.

Comment

Ask the Devs thread says Lilun does not exist in any fashion. No, there isn't a young daughter of Her Redness who vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
          Ask the Devs thread says Lilun does not exist in any fashion. No, there isn't a young daughter of Her Redness who vanished.
          I know, I asked the question.
          I'm not making a Retconian entry for her like Desus or Tachi-Kun because that would require me to talk about the Pylactery Womb. I may banish the thread to the beyond in favour of a new approach at changing Exalted lore.
          Last edited by Lioness; 05-30-2019, 08:06 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

is this prison for characters only then? Because I think concepts and objects, likr Saigoth, should be stored here too.

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
              Because I think concepts and objects, likr Saigoth, should be stored here too.
              Saigoth hasn't necessarily been "banished" from 3e, though. Its major district, Clepsys, is referenced in Arms of the Chosen.

Comment

The Saigoth Gates as a real, physical phenomenon have been banished to the land of wind and ghosts.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I'm actually a little bummed about no Lilun. I was hoping for something new and positive that she could have going for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                    I'm actually a little bummed about no Lilun. I was hoping for something new and positive that she could have going for her.
                    You could always write that new and positive something into your own games, as I have in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      You could always write that new and positive something into your own games, as I have in mine.
                      I plan to. It would just be nice to see it typed up in a book that I pay money for.
                      (Tone: Joking and having fun.)

Comment

Maybe she's not missing and just looking for a way to establish her own house

Comment

Maybe she’s disguised as Regent Fokuf.

Comment

I'm not entirely clear what this thread is supposed to be about. This isn't surprising since I post here once in a blue moon, but I got the impression it started off as something like those Ask The (Insert Exalted character here) threads I used to love lurking on the old forums, and which sadly seem to have died out here after Brasstreader/I KNOW he had some other name before's Ask the Boar and the Forest.

Anyway, to take a long stab in the dark-can I just say The Great Tentacled and Shadow Over Sun are my least favorite Primordials? The former was beaten by draining the dam she was living in at the time and the latter sounds completely redundant when the Ebon Dragon/Dragon's Shadow exists/existed. I would highly approve of 3e revealing the Ebon Dragon survived the Primordial War by disguising himself as a totally new, never before seen Primordial and faking his alter ego's death though. Heck, he's a titan-maybe he faked his death so hard the lie almost became true such that one of the Neverborn just kind of sprang into existence from it-a TRULY never born horror!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar Longcat View Post
                              I'm not entirely clear what this thread is supposed to be about. This isn't surprising since I post here once in a blue moon, but I got the impression it started off as something like those Ask The (Insert Exalted character here) threads I used to love lurking on the old forums, and which sadly seem to have died out here after Brasstreader/I KNOW he had some other name before's Ask the Boar and the Forest.

Anyway, to take a long stab in the dark-can I just say The Great Tentacled and Shadow Over Sun are my least favorite Primordials? The former was beaten by draining the dam she was living in at the time and the latter sounds completely redundant when the Ebon Dragon/Dragon's Shadow exists/existed. I would highly approve of 3e revealing the Ebon Dragon survived the Primordial War by disguising himself as a totally new, never before seen Primordial and faking his alter ego's death though. Heck, he's a titan-maybe he faked his death so hard the lie almost became true such that one of the Neverborn just kind of sprang into existence from it-a TRULY never born horror!
                              This thread was started to list various characters who’s roll has been canonically replaced(we for instance have a new solar mate for Lilith, and a new Central God of War.) I haven’t heard of either of these Yozi, although I think I saw the great tentacle one as a home brew charm tree.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
                              Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
                              My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

I just thought of some ideas for alternate versions of Lillun. Do they go here? Or start another thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X