Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    The Realm makes no mention of the Immaculate Paragons in 3e, it appears that the Mouth of Piece is slightly less of a figurehead(at least institutionally, Kejak's still pulling the strings)

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

      This thread was started to list various characters who’s roll has been canonically replaced(we for instance have a new solar mate for Lilith, and a new Central God of War.) I haven’t heard of either of these Yozi, although I think I saw the great tentacle one as a home brew charm tree.
      The Great Tentacled One was mentioned in... Dreams maybe? It lived in the White Sea, IIRC, so the Solars drained and dammed the sea and it choked to death. I guess it's not very magical-sounding.


      I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
        The Realm makes no mention of the Immaculate Paragons in 3e, it appears that the Mouth of Piece is slightly less of a figurehead(at least institutionally, Kejak's still pulling the strings)
        I didn't notice that, good catch.


        I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
          I'm actually a little bummed about no Lilun. I was hoping for something new and positive that she could have going for her.
          Yeah, I get that.


          Onyx Path Forum Moderator
          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

          Comment


          • #80
            The way Heysha saves Lilun in RoTSE is really heartwarming, in part because we see an Exalt doing something heroic that doesn't involve punching. Though I agree with Lioness that Lilun's overall concept is a bit too extreme.

            Comment


            • #81
              Really minor character, but it appears that Thorns' Puppet King is no more, having been replaced by blind deathknight and "Man in the Iron Mask"-reference Red Iron Rebuke as regent of Thorns in Mask of Winters' stead.

              Comment


              • #82
                Red Iron Rebuke is a reference to Nine Princes in Amber.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  Red Iron Rebuke is a reference to Nine Princes in Amber.

                  Really? Given the whole, "long lost brother of the autocrat" schtick and the fact that Thorns has a stereotypically "parisian artiste" culture I though he was a shout out to Voltaire's theory that The Man in the Iron Mask was Louis XIV's illegitimate brother

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    I think I remember from one of Vances Discord posts that it was unlikely that they would talk about Nox again this edition or that's what I remember.


                    .

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                      I think I remember from one of Vances Discord posts that it was unlikely that they would talk about Nox again this edition or that's what I remember.
                      Makes sense. Oversight wasn't popular and why step on the toes of people who want to include Nocturnals?


                      Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
                        Huh, looking through The Realm, it may seem that I was wrong about Sesus Chenow being an example of a disappointment to 3e House Sesus, if anything, they'd view him as a special asset:
                        Huh. I guess my Sesus Midora really does fit in, having helped a Ragara Satrap send a Ledaal general off to embarrass himself/die (while sleeping with said general's sister), helped violently suppress dissent in An-Teng (and kinda walked off with that old artifact crown as a costume piece), and completely destabilized the satrap triumvirate in the Lap to wedge in advantage for Sesus and Cynis. She'd still be severely put off by the Chenow household though.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                          Makes sense. Oversight wasn't popular and why step on the toes of people who want to include Nocturnals?
                          Yeah I think that was the reasons Vance said was why they wouldn't bring up those stuff up again, in official material anyway


                          .

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            An idea I've considered for Nocturnals that I can share now the veil of secrecy around the Getimians has fallen a little. Instead of being entombed in the Loom of Fate, Nox might not actually 'exist' (potentially because he was erased before or during the Primordial War) and be trying to correct that by exalting people who have thwarted destinies.


                            Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Nox(in his best Coyote impression voice): I DO NOT EXIST

                              Random Nocturnal(unimpressed):...can I go home now?

                              Nox: hahahaha! No!
                              Last edited by HamSandLich; 06-08-2019, 09:48 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                                An idea I've considered for Nocturnals that I can share now the veil of secrecy around the Getimians has fallen a little. Instead of being entombed in the Loom of Fate, Nox might not actually 'exist' (potentially because he was erased before or during the Primordial War) and be trying to correct that by exalting people who have thwarted destinies.
                                If anyone would be able to pull something like that off, it'd be the Incarna of Possibilities


                                Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X