X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnus K View Post
    I liked Desus actually. I always envisioned him as an abusive solar in the thrall of the Great Curse,no doubt previously heroic or even heroic at time while abusive.
    Envisioned is a key word here. You were largely required to make up his heroic feats on your own.

Originally posted by Magnus K
    After all, there had to be good reasons for the Dragon blooded to rise up in the usurpation.Desus gave us a nice example of a solar that, in some ways, justified the usurpation. Anyway, I think we do need examples of mad Solars.
    Much with the heroic feats its unclear what the Dragon-Blooded's problem with him was. I'm pretty sure it wasn't his abuse of Lilith though.

Leave a comment:

• Epitome
    replied
    The funny thing is, with a new type of Exalted who are literally defined by having had their existence retconned, any mortal NPC who seems to have become irrelevant in 3E might actually have become a Getimian .

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by Maseiken View Post
    No they mean Lilun.
    Unlike Havesh, who I imagine will just never be mentioned, Lilun is someone who I could imagine might get retconned with a quick mention somewhere, like "the Empress's daughter Lilun lives with her sister V'neef" or something. Just to make it clear that she's no longer... that. The way Desus has actually been retconned out of existence.

But the best place to do that would be in the Realm, and she's not mentioned (unlike several of the Empress's other young children), so I'm guessing we'll just never see her mentioned again.

Leave a comment:

• Magnus K
    replied
    I liked Desus actually. I always envisioned him as an abusive solar in the thrall of the Great Curse,no doubt previously heroic or even heroic at time while abusive. After all, there had to be good reasons for the Dragon blooded to rise up in the usurpation. Desus gave us a nice example of a solar that, in some ways, justified the usurpation. Anyway, I think we do need examples of mad Solars. But maybe I misunderstood you, Lioness?

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
    On a more sombre note, the Sun's long neglected former-friend/family member posse of Nysela, Little Beam, and Bannery Bu are kaput
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I don't believe we've said that.
    I'm confident that I have a copy of my Song of Baneri-Bu tucked away somewhere, and failing that, I would be able to recreate it.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Maseiken View Post
    No they mean Lilun.
    Do they?

@Sith Happens: Please tell us who you mean.

Leave a comment:

• Maseiken
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Do you mean the eyeless/naked Akuma from the comics who never got a name or backstory?
    No they mean Lilun.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    So... What about You-Know-Who?
    Do we know who?

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied

The one full of Infernal.
    Do you mean the eyeless/naked Akuma from the comics who never got a name or backstory?

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
    Hmm... does the Vanisher still exist? I know he was supposed to be an example of a bad Solar but holy mother was he one-dimensional.
    I suspect characters like Havesh or Lyta, as they don't really take up much space in the setting's backstory being new and low-xp, will not be retconned per-se, but just never, ever mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    Originally posted by Bastet View Post
    Lord Voldemort?
    The one full of Infernal.

Leave a comment:

• Gigaton-Falcon-Emu
    replied
    Hmm... does the Vanisher still exist? I know he was supposed to be an example of a bad Solar but holy mother was he one-dimensional.

I think that Bright Shattered Ice and the Hierophant are gone, which is good since they were the Jared Leto Joker of First Age Solars (a spot shared with most other First Age Solars). Not just in being insufferable, but the fact that they essentially locked down the First Age by stapling them as omnipotent heads at the top despite them being painfully dull compared to the at least interestingly crazy Exalts running around. This to say nothing of their having credit for most of the cool stuff.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    I don't believe we've said that.

Really? Trawling through the old developer quote Archives had me believing that Nysela and Little Beam were gone. And the Daystar's gone too right(taking Bannery Bu and the Chirmirajen with it)?

Leave a comment:

• Bastet
    replied
    Lord Voldemort?

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    I assumed MRL is the solar general that was mentioned in the Lunar bond write up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X