Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Oh right, elsewhere in the chapter it mentions the death of the old Autocrat. I suppose I just assumed the Autocrat and the Aurocrat were the same guy! It certainly adds a lot of horror to The Puppet King, having the former ruler still around but turned into a decrepit figure of mockery and is in keeping with The Mask of Winters' theatrical approach towards the resistance.

I think this is a rare moment of me projecting my in-game experiences onto the book because I ran an Exalted game years ago in which the Autocrat's daughter (now a Renegade Abyssal) ended up mercy killing him.

I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights. I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights.

TL;DR I was wrong. The Puppet King wasn't the old Autocrat (Red Iron Rebuke's brother) he's some random mockery figurehead.

I would have to re-read, but he could be both things, no?

Comment

• The old Autocrat's wife wasn't described as having any particular emotions regarding the Puppet King.

Comment

Working...
      X