Clear All

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    So... What about You-Know-Who?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by HamSandLich View Post
    On a more sombre note, the Sun's long neglected former-friend/family member posse of Nysela, Little Beam, and Bannery Bu are kaput
    I don't believe we've said that.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    On a more sombre note, the Sun's long neglected former-friend/family member posse of Nysela, Little Beam, and Bannery Bu are kaput

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Mizu View Post
    The version of Sesus that was male (don't think they ever had a picture though)
    Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
    Hmm, Yozi Scarlet Empress should probably wind up here at some point.
    I'm not doing entries for characters who've been altered or reverted to an earlier version. Lilith is still Lilith but Andamani isn't Desus.

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
    Hmm I honestly don't recall this Tachi individual, Dreams of the First Age?
    Compass Blessed Isle and Houses of the Bull God, he was also the central war god.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Hmm I honestly don't recall this Tachi individual, Dreams of the First Age?

Leave a comment:

• prototype00
    replied
    Hmm, Yozi Scarlet Empress should probably wind up here at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Mizu
    replied
    The version of Sesus that was male (don't think they ever had a picture though)

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    2e-Ebby entry when?

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    My biggest problem with 3e Lilith is that the default inspiration character from her is going to be "hey new solar, want a girlfriend?" as opposed to "here's your estranged wife from centuries ago, if you fuck up and be less than the hero you say you are, she'll rip out your heart and eat it". Sure, neither is a full character, but one has agency and an agenda and the other has defined her existence around a relationship that doesn't really exist anymore. She's a Lunar, from whence comes this stagnation?

Which is why her Intimacy towards Andamani's reincarnation is "Ambivalent."

Wait, no, that's the exact opposite of stagnation and a pretty understandable reaction to realizing you've spent literal centuries in a fugue over a personal tragedy.

And really, I can't say I dislike Lilith the PTSD Owl at all; she's damaged, but she's damaged in a way that is pretty realistic. I get the sense she has some codependency issues and Andamani's death was simply the inciting incident in a long spiral of tragedies caused by the Usurpation. And, more importantly, she's trying to come back to a healthy relationship, as opposed to something she remembers as a cycle of abuse, and is portrayed as being on the mend instead of barely holding together.

Kind of a step up, and has a lot more agency, if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    My biggest problem with 3e Lilith is that the default inspiration character from her is going to be "hey new solar, want a girlfriend?" as opposed to "here's your estranged wife from centuries ago, if you fuck up and be less than the hero you say you are, she'll rip out your heart and eat it". Sure, neither is a full character, but one has agency and an agenda and the other has defined her existence around a relationship that doesn't really exist anymore. She's a Lunar, from whence comes this stagnation?

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Can't say I was a fan of Desus, but 3e Lilith seems so...boring and indecisive now. She went from having a justifiably wary view of the returning Solars and intentions to police their abuses to pining over a dead guy for centuries. Before she was "Dangerous Action Mentor" that warned Swan of the dangers of hubris.
    Lilith has never felt like a full character to me.
    Mostly because Swan was the Eclipse signature character, if he was an example of who your guy could be she was an example of what your guy's First Age baggage might entail. Most people I 've met over the years who were inspired by Lilith just made their own character and even the abusive aspect of it became normalised.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    Can't say I was a fan of Desus, but 3e Lilith seems so...boring and indecisive now. She went from having a justifiably wary view of the returning Solars and intentions to police their abuses to pining over a dead guy for centuries. Before she was "Dangerous Action Mentor" that warned Swan of the dangers of hubris.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X