X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioness
    started a topic Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

Exiled from Existence: The Retconian

There is a prison greater even than Malfeas reserved for the greatest criminals of the world. Once an individual is consigned to its depths their existence in the world as they knew it is completely erased, it's as though they never existed. Some say that there is a window allowing these unknown and unknowable entities to gaze out at the world that exists obliviously without them longing for release or a death that will never come...

This forbidden text, believed to be produced by the prison's wardens the Redactors is all that documents these damned inmates and suggests reasons for their punishment.

Desus

Desus never thought of himself as a villain, but no seperation existed between the life he lived and the abuse he carried out upon his wife and Lunar Mate Lilith behind closed doors. He was introduced first and foremost as a bully and abuser with the fanbase charged with the task of inventing heroic tasks that he could be held in high regard for. They didn't, instead Desus' abuses became a meme until he transitioned from flawed hero to probable living identity for The Silver Prince.
    The idea that Lilith was better off without him left Desus sick to his stomach, he watched her romance with the pretender Andamani play out being delighted by his death. He still watches his former mate on nights of the Full Moon vowing to find his way back to her somehow.

Tachi-Kun

The former God of Exalted Warfare wonders what he did to deserve this fate, he blames two factors.
    The First is the Bronze Faction for his disdain towards the Dragon-Blooded. Though privately he considers that his lack of development, his ill defined rivalry with Voharun and how his purview of Exalted Warfare seemed to translate to rolling more dice and turning into a dragon for... reasons. He was also cursed with a name that is Japanese for "Sword Friend" which led to the Redactors to replace him. It's perhaps telling that Tachi-Kun pays little heed to the world he was once part of.

• Chausse
    replied
    Thanks to both of you

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    Is there something about this specific character in this thread that I can read ? I don't really wish to read the 8 pages of the thread just to discover a specific character that apparently everyone hates.

vampire hunter D I don't think retconning a character is a bad idea. Just do it on another post I think ?
    I also really liked Lillun and Infernals. But it's a game element that people find upsetting, and as such there's a lot if misrepresention -- which is perfectly understandable if it distresses you.

The book you want is Manual of Exalted Power: Infernals. Chapter 1.

The glossary entry is:

"Lillun: Youngest daughter of the Scarlet Empress and the tainted vessel that hold the Infernal Exaltations between incarnations."

Lillun is in the Chapter Comic on page 16/17. She's in the body text on page 22/23/24 discussing how the Yozi manage Infernal Exaltations. She comes up in "ordeals" on page 39. She's a sidebar on page 41.

She's also mentioned in Return of the Scarlet Empress.

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    Is there something about this specific character in this thread that I can read ? I don't really wish to read the 8 pages of the thread just to discover a specific character that apparently everyone hates.

vampire hunter D I don't think retconning a character is a bad idea. Just do it on another post I think ?

You can find the character somewhere in the first 2 chapters of Infernals 2e book.

Leave a comment:

• Chausse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vampire hunter D
    replied
    Ok, at the risk of throwing fuel on the fire, I'm going to share this:

I made a personal project of converting Lillun into a regular Exalt. As in, the whole 2E stuff never happened, the youngest child of the Empress is fine and Exalted in Creation. And there are a few versions of how she'd turn out. Is this something anyone thinks I should share Or is the whole concept of her so toxic we should just banish any version of her from this forum?

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by Darmani View Post
    Why is the idea of
    You know, dredging up a post from about nine months ago to argue about or needle it is a bad play in any event, but doing so specifically to one stating "I outright don't want this thing to be part of the conversion because I find it so deeply unpleasant", that there's a whole new game.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Why is the idea of the demon faction turning a child into grotesque horror of motherhood so "the gameline must purge and never speak of it" I mean demons. Did the realm stop fielding endless streams of prostitutes for the soldiers and nobility? Life is treated cheaply by the powerful in Exalted, YOU have to rise above it.
    Aside from the idea that every member of a player splat would have to rape the poor thing?

Look, people dislike Lillun's treatment for a variety of reasons. You personally seem to have found a compelling reason for that narrative. Good for you. Doesn't mean others have to agree. Please just either take the conversation out of this thread or stop trying to convince people who thoroughly disagree with your interpretation of horrific and grotesque element of fiction.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Why is the idea of the demon faction turning a child into grotesque horror of motherhood so "the gameline must purge and never speak of it" I mean demons.
    Because demons in the Exalted RPG aren’t just a mashup of every instance of demons appearing in myth, folklore, and pop culture. They have things that are in-theme for them, and they have things that are out-of-theme for them.

Also, discussion of the sorts of things that are in Lillun’s writeup can be traumatic for some to talk about or even read. Lioness might not want to visit that trauma on readers and/or herself.

And lastly, since it’s Lioness’ thread and not yours, it’s only polite to respect her wishes.

Leave a comment:

• prototype00
    replied
    Why is the idea of the demon faction turning a child into grotesque horror of motherhood so "the gameline must purge and never speak of it" I mean demons. Did the realm stop fielding endless streams of prostitutes for the soldiers and nobility? Life is treated cheaply by the powerful in Exalted, YOU have to rise above it.
    It’s kind of the Warren Ellis “Even if I want Superman to have a dark and edgy streak, I kind of don’t want him to be cloned from Hitler’s personal sex midgets, y’know”* idea.

There’s dark and edgy and then there is good taste. Especially if you are the one playing Superman.

*I’m actually referencing Planetary here it’s a for real thing. What would we do without Warren Ellis?
    Last edited by prototype00; 02-09-2020, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darmani
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    I know, I asked the question.
    I'm not making a Retconian entry for her like Desus or Tachi-Kun because that would require me to talk about the Pylactery Womb. I may banish the thread to the beyond in favour of a new approach at changing Exalted lore.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    The old Autocrat's wife wasn't described as having any particular emotions regarding the Puppet King.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Oh right, elsewhere in the chapter it mentions the death of the old Autocrat. I suppose I just assumed the Autocrat and the Aurocrat were the same guy! It certainly adds a lot of horror to The Puppet King, having the former ruler still around but turned into a decrepit figure of mockery and is in keeping with The Mask of Winters' theatrical approach towards the resistance.

I think this is a rare moment of me projecting my in-game experiences onto the book because I ran an Exalted game years ago in which the Autocrat's daughter (now a Renegade Abyssal) ended up mercy killing him.

I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights. I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights.

TL;DR I was wrong. The Puppet King wasn't the old Autocrat (Red Iron Rebuke's brother) he's some random mockery figurehead.

I would have to re-read, but he could be both things, no?

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Oh right, elsewhere in the chapter it mentions the death of the old Autocrat. I suppose I just assumed the Autocrat and the Aurocrat were the same guy! It certainly adds a lot of horror to The Puppet King, having the former ruler still around but turned into a decrepit figure of mockery and is in keeping with The Mask of Winters' theatrical approach towards the resistance.

I think this is a rare moment of me projecting my in-game experiences onto the book because I ran an Exalted game years ago in which the Autocrat's daughter (now a Renegade Abyssal) ended up mercy killing him.

I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights. I'm normally the one reminding people that you can't always connect your positive/negative game experiences to what's in the books and to not be so quick to give them credit for your storyteller fixing their mistakes and oversights.

TL;DR I was wrong. The Puppet King wasn't the old Autocrat (Red Iron Rebuke's brother) he's some random mockery figurehead.
    Last edited by Lioness; 06-11-2019, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HamSandLich
    replied
    IRC, in 2e, the proper Autocrat was killed(and wasn't as decrepit), the Puppet King was some....thing(?) that Mask put on the throne as a mockery of the old royal line.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X