X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vampire hunter D
    started a topic Exalted vs the Titans

Exalted vs the Titans

I was just watching the new Godzilla movie, and as always movies like this make me think of one question:

how strong would a Solar need to be to fight that? Or maybe a circle. I just like the thought of the Exalted fighting things on that scale

hmm, would the Titans be a good comparison for 3rd circle demons?

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    I forget where I heard this, but I think at some point in the movie Ghidorah was referring to as a "youngest son who would get no inheritance, and so left to find his own fortune".

So Ghidorah isn't just an individual, but a SPECIES, much as even Godzilla and Kong and the MUTOs are individuals of whole species. (Godzilla's father is variously referred to as Adam or Dagon.)

Which means another Ghidora could show up. A Destroya, perhaps, or a DesGhidora, or a Kaiser Ghidorah, or however many versions of the bastard there have been.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    If one was to capture the essence of the narrative created in this recent movie, Ghidorah would probably be something of a scope akin to the behemoths of the Primordials but with an origin that had nothing to do with their power, that slipped into the young Creation and sought to assert its dominance over the other behemoths so that it could command them to reshape Creation in a manner more to its designs than those of their original masters.

It would fit the combination of implications and my own preferences that behemoths were originally born as instruments by which Creation was wrought or refined. Ghidorah as presented in the film that appeals to my liking of the premise of alien beings of wholly inscrutable origin or personality descending upon the Earth, possibly by accident after having been adrift in the cosmos for unknown eons, and going about their business while preying upon the planet; it's your Jenovah, your Life Fibres,, your Deoxys, your IT, your Colour out of Space. I like that narrative as a form of existential horror from the wider universe, a more personal face to the idea that a piece of debris could crash down and arbitrarily wipe out all life. It's something I would find compelling enough to want to preserve its presence in this character.

Hence, Ghidorah would need to not have an origin informed by something already categorised. Possibly not even the Wyld, at least not in an obvious way. He's an outside-context problem, even if he resembles something in context enough to manipulate it to serve his ends.

In any case, I can imagine that such an occurrence was among the things that the Unconquered Sun was supposed to deal with back in the day; as Godzilla's apparent role of keeping the other kaiju in line to maintain an ecological equilibrium, I can see that element being encompassed by the Sun fully in the earliest prehistory (an especially wearisome task).

I'm also envisioning some particularly blasphemous and forbidden Yozi tracts depicting a narrative in which there were first behemoths, then something in the role of Ghidorah popped in and threw the system out of balance, and the Unconquered Sun was initially wrought specifically to deal with that problem once it got out of hand and was thereafter kept around to ensure that it didn't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• vampire hunter D
    replied
    or a deva for a rather destructive Primordial who's not from the Creation Cabal

Leave a comment:

• Matt the Bruins fan
    replied
    In the movies he's the one titan theorized to be not native to earth, so I'd say a behemoth from the Wyld or another world deep in it (i.e., Karvara). Maybe he hopped over from Cajerrón when the Unconquered Sun perma-nuked it.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    Obviously a tyrant lizard mutated by an incredible amount by a wyld-based first age superweapon.

Hell, make him into an early victim of operation Wyldhand who escaped into the Wyld, and grew, and grew...
    Operation Wyldhand was a 2e-ism I’d rather just ignore altogether.

(Besides, his behavior is more like a king cobra or some other variety of snake.)

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

The real question....how do we make Ghidorah the three headed dragon? Fae? Demon? Behemoth of Unknown Origin? Lunar with three heads somehow?
    Obviously a tyrant lizard mutated by an incredible amount by a wyld-based first age superweapon.

Hell, make him into an early victim of operation Wyldhand who escaped into the Wyld, and grew, and grew...

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
    I say Jira and Mosura may match Gaian Devas the way they're talked about in the movie

The real question....how do we make Ghidorah the three headed dragon? Fae? Demon? Behemoth of Unknown Origin? Lunar with three heads somehow?

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Reminder that Dragon-Coil Technique becomes Rip and Tear Methodology against Godzilla.
    Gives a whole new meaning to "I got your back."

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    Reminder that Dragon-Coil Technique becomes Rip and Tear Methodology against Godzilla.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Flinty View Post
    I don't thing WFhW mentions it, but its originally from Scavanger Sons. Qat is used to drug slaves in .... I think it was Great Forks.
    Great Forks is not a satrapy of the Realm. Also, the drug they use there is mete leaf.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-14-2019, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Originally posted by Capybara! View Post
    Unless they're just using the name of a real life drug to describe a fantastical one, my understanding is that qat's not at all the sort of drug that you would use to bring a slave into submission. Its effects are supposed to be more like coffee or tobacco.
    Qat is mentioned in those books, but I'm pretty sure they use heroin to drug the slaves. The Northern slave states (in 2E) were considered a failed experiment not worth repeating (pretty sure it was the same in 1E but AFB).

But that kinda proves my point. Whatever your beef with the Realm is, they're not mass murdering civilians.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara!
    replied
    Unless they're just using the name of a real life drug to describe a fantastical one, my understanding is that qat's not at all the sort of drug that you would use to bring a slave into submission. Its effects are supposed to be more like coffee or tobacco.

Leave a comment:

• Uknown DarkLord
    replied

Was that in fire wrought?

And that sounds expensive.

It's also in Compass: North

Leave a comment:

• Flinty
    replied

Was that in fire wrought?

And that sounds expensive.
    I don't thing WFhW mentions it, but its originally from Scavanger Sons. Qat is used to drug slaves in .... I think it was Great Forks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X