Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creation Sinks what direction would a Circle of Survivors take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wheel of ages is a cycle. Before the 1st age was the 12th age.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

The Ages in the World of darkness is a philosophy of history that you can tell in a story or with parables. In Exalted its a game where you live in it.

In the Middle Kingdom the Wan Xian arose in the 2nd age, not the 1st or as you are saying the 12th. And the 3rd age is the Mythical prehistory of the World of Darkness and it ends with the Wan Xian falling to corruption by stealing Chi from mortals. Human History starts in the 4th age and it turns some time around the Dark Ages depending on who you ask.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

And Actually I do believe the 1st age is also the 12th age so what you mean to say is probably the Primordial War takes place in the 11th age.

Comment

Sure, that works too.

My characters:
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Very interesting.

With Creation destroyed in the transition, what did you do for the setting of your 3rd edition game?
            Oh I have a long history of explaining away weird shit happening by saying it was an error in the Loom of Fate. In this case I said that as Creation fell apart the Loom crashed and hard reset years of history was lost and Creation came back differently. Basically all I did was set Creation from post-end game Return of the Scarlet Empress to start of 3e setting. Characters reverted to starting characters.

The post of my post was failing to stop an apocalypse got the players super engaged. I've considered stuff like that in several games it's just pretty easy to do in Exalted.

Comment

Ah, sure.

I actually had the Loom of Fate be wrecked and a new one built for the transition, so something similar, but it was a lot less dramatic (and kind of off-screen, while the game was on hiatus).

Should have used it as an excuse to make them be starting characters, but I thought they'd riot. Would have been a good idea though. Never mind.

My characters:

Comment

After indulging in other gameline lore lately I think it would be fun to take the crew on like a grand tour of other worlds, kick the asses out of the toughest blokes there and collect some populace and loot so you could eventually find/build a place to settle. I don't know much about Magic the gathering but I saw a youtube video on Ravnica and it reminded me of Fantasy Judge Dredd. Through in some Video game worlds like Final Fantasys and Dragon Age, you could have a fun time and gather the resources you need to create a better... or crappier world.

Comment

Indeed, and it'd be pretty fun to have the PCs go to all sorts of weird worlds with different rules of reality.

Anyone ever read the Deathgate Cycle by Weiss and Hickmann? Pretty old now.

The main character, a user of tattoo-magic, grew up in a living maze of monsters that reshaped itself to outwit its prisoners.
                  He escapes, and visits a hollow jungle world with a sun in the centre where people live in terror of blind giants and which is covered in mysterious ruins, an underground realm (with no surface) full of undead slaves and living necromancers, an airy void of floating medieval islands, and a water world (all water, no rock, so you can swim through the whole thing) being blighted by oil-demon-dragons but people fight back in submarines.
                  The very rules of physics are different.
                  That's the kind of thing you can do.

My characters:

Comment

Do not believe what the scientists tell you. The natural history we know is a lie, a falsehood sold to us by wicked old men who would make the world a dull gray prison and protect us from the dangers inherent to freedom. They would have you believe our planet to be a lonely starship, hurtling through the void of space, barren of magic and in need of a stern hand upon the rudder.
                    Close your mind to their deception. The time before our time was not a time of senseless natural struggle and reptilian rage, but a time of myth and sorcery. It was a time of legend, when heroes walked Creation and wielded the very power of the gods. It was a time before the world was bent, a time before the magic of Creation lessened, a time before the souls of men became the stunted, withered things they are today.

This is the story of that time.

THIS IS THE STORY OF THE EXALTED.
                    I heard that in Mako's voice like this:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81HUn352hZ4

Comment

I miss Mako.

An idea came to me, what if the Exaltations were scattered across a series of Worlds floating in the Wyld. Like what if there are several dozen Worlds of varying degrees of size, population, magic and Fantasticalness that have been Created in various times ranging from the Age of Glory before the Divine Revolt to present Apocalypse? So some Worlds may only have one or two Exalts and others a couple dozen.

Comment

It'd have a lot of story scope, especially if the worlds are very different.

My characters:

Comment

It'd have a lot of story scope, especially if the worlds are very different.

Oh yeah, I'd imagine anything from Pangea with no humans, to things like a Hyrule like World with only 3 reincarnating Exalts and 3 Gods, to a hollow ocean world with large bathyspheres chained to anchors containing different cultures each, to a Wyld Arch containing Paintings each containing different Worlds with some of them filled with some of them containing other paintings with planes of fire acting as suns, and planes of water leaking out an ocean. Just a lot of different worlds like when you just look up Worldbuilding groups online or on youtube, they can have vastly different and unique ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X