No announcement yet.

Of Strange Materials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe turning to some videogaames would come up with some exotic materials. In the Dragon Quest games (one of my favorite series) there are a lot you need for the crafting system. off the top of my head from XI:

Spectralite
    Chrimsonite
    Black Tears
    Kaleidocloth
    Serpent's Soul (aquired by defeating high level dragons)
    Permasnow

if we had slime enemies in this setting we could get extracts from them

Not magical materials necessarily but could be other ingredients for crafting

Comment

"In the early days we suffered terrible losses because the caves were overrun with dragons. You see these caves contain quicksilver, which, I'm sure you know, male dragons are addicted to.

This is extremely quicksilver.

Ordinary quicksilver is much too slow for magic mirrors. Most attempts to make a magic mirror fail completely: they just reflect. But sometimes, with the help of great expertise..."

I might write up some sample magic mirrors. I see Infernals, Lunars and Sidreals being resonant with magic mirrors made of extremely quicksilver (as well as Solars), and Abyssals and Liminals being dissonant.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Arsenic was well known to the ancients, the first arsenical bronze artifacts (Samarran) predate the first known tin-alloy bronze artifacts (Sumerian) by almost a thousand years, having first appeared at roughly the same time as the wheel.

Currently writing for Exigents.

Comment

Why conveniently enough I myself have been at work thinking on something just along these lines. So might as well link in that post I update infrequently.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...and-their-uses

https://www.youtube.com/BogMod I play a lot of videogames.

Comment

On a little aside, the title also made me think of something else altogether.

Comment

Working...
            X