Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clophiroth View Post
    There is just one problem in your document:

The claw strider isn´t feathered, and as a lover of feathered dinosaurs, and of the aesthethics of Velociraptors and Utahraptors and dinosaurs with a similar body plan, that is literally a personal insult. Choose a weapon :P

Nah, seriously, it´s an amazing job.I just love the bullockornis image

Edit: I stand corrected. Your claw strider seems to have feathers on its arms. I´m a happy girl now.
    Yeah, I thought about grabbing a picture from Jurassic Park or something but decided fuck it, feathered Raptors or bust. Technically the Yeddim is hairy, but there wasn't any art of the right megafauna where people added hair. Glad you liked it! Just googled the right name, picked the coolest picture, and made it fit. I'll be keeping it updated as best I can with new releases. If you think of anything I missed, let me know.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

Yeah, I thought about grabbing a picture from Jurassic Park or something but decided fuck it, feathered Raptors or bust. Technically the Yeddim is hairy, but there wasn't any art of the right megafauna where people added hair. Glad you liked it! Just googled the right name, picked the coolest picture, and made it fit. I'll be keeping it updated as best I can with new releases. If you think of anything I missed, let me know.

[IMG]https://www.nhm.ac.uk/content/dam/nh...two-column.jpg[/IMG]

This is how I describe claw striders in my games, as the most magnificent and beautiful beast in Creation. Raptok Dragon Kings are similar, but with psychodelic colour schemes, Dio-Brando-as-a-raptor-style.

Coincidentially, that was my wallpaper for long months :P

Comment

So many different types of chocobo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
          That's almost exaxtly what a friend looking over my shoulder while I made it said 🤣

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post

The reason there were tamed Moas in my Polynesian-expy game, was because I wanted to have chocobos in all but name :P

Comment

and now, Lisowiscia, the largest non-dinosaur from the mesozoic

Comment

What's that the ancestor of? Rhinos?

My characters:
                Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  What's that the ancestor of? Rhinos?

It's not related directly to anything alive today. Lisowicia is a therapsid, a group that includes the ancestors of mammals, but it belonged to a different branch of them than the one that eventually gave rise to our ancestors.

Comment

yeah, it was the last of the dicynodonts. That branch died out with the End-Triassic Extinction

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                      yeah, it was the last of the dicynodonts. That branch died out with the End-Triassic Extinction
                      As an aside, speaking of megafauna, extinct earth species that might or not have lookalikes in Creation, convergent evolution and such, i ask myself how related or not might be the fallen Alaun to Austrechs, that some have established to be Phorusrhacos, if memory tricks me not....

Though now that i think of it, the Alaun, possessing fingers and hands, would possibly be in a "family branch" far closer to the archeopteryx, so to speak.
                      Though "degrees of association", in how a creature's design might have inspired some deity, demon, primordial or what not, to riff, tweak and such in the making of something else, than "family trees" per se.

Damn, and now i'm asking myself if the Grey-esque primordial race exterminated by Autochton might have been inspired by some furless race of lemurs, tree frogs or who knows what.

Mostly extrapolating from the sleek naked flesh & big eyes i'll admit, but artistic depictions of grey aliens can vary considerabbly in detail. Damn, the association of that extinct primordial race that composes Autochton's soulsteel reserves with grey visually might be fanon for all i (don't) remember...
                      Last edited by Baaldam; 07-18-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

doing more research for fun (I have no life), and found these images of what they think the armored terror actually looked like:

yup. instead of the armor and toothplates on the outside, it had skin and lips on it like a real animal

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                          doing more research for fun (I have no life), and found these images of what they think the armored terror actually looked like:

yup. instead of the armor and toothplates on the outside, it had skin and lips on it like a real animal
                          Well that's significantly less armored and terror looking. Neat from a historical/scientific perspective, but think I'll keep the classic look for my megafauna guide. 🤣

Comment

Working...
                          X