Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
    [USER="177"]
    The real issue for my monk comes down to responsibility. Is her greater responsibility to her valley and the people and spirits who live there, or is it to Creation and it’s problems?

Her sifu (not WiFi) told her to go out and don’t come back until there are epic poems about her to share. Her party does have a responsibility to stop this rogue Sidereal and save Creation, and she has an outstanding promise to fulfill towards her Abyssal girlfriend. She’s going to leave the valley, but how can she do so with a clear conscience?
    The Sifu is literally telling her to leave. Meaning that the Sifu believes that the valley will be OK in the meantime.

Now of course it is ok to have some hand wringing as your character leaves, and some trepidation that all will be OK while you're away from the valley. But at the same time, there's tremendous responsibility to stop the rogue Siddy.

Chalk it up to, "I'd rather not leave, but I will return as soon as possible."

Comment

Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

The Sifu is literally telling her to leave. Meaning that the Sifu believes that the valley will be OK in the meantime.
      It can also be read as a character who cares less about that homeland. Certainly, I would find the demand in terms of getting epic poems to be a red flag.

But I couldn't say what the sifu's player intends for the character's motives and priorities.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

It can also be read as a character who cares less about that homeland. Certainly, I would find the demand in terms of getting epic poems to be a red flag.

But I couldn't say what the sifu's player intends for the character's motives and priorities.
        Maybe the Sifu wants the monk to use her powers for good, and to carry out widespread assistance and help, so tried to send her off?

Comment

Working...
        X