Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best, most ridiculous improvised weapon you've ever used?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best, most ridiculous improvised weapon you've ever used?

http://www.handbookofheroes.com/arch...ovised-weapons

How did you stunt with it?

Back in 1e, when DBT allowed for ridiculous Strength ratings (getting you up to about where the descriptions on the chart stopped on Strength alone), I contemplated using large sections of scenery and structures for this purpose, but never got to do anything like it in play. One example would be tearing up a long section of fencing to use as a Brawl-based fighting chain or seven section staff.

Comment

In 2e, my circle journeyed into The Labyrinth in search of their captured circle-mates. Along the way, I (the GM) had them slowly gain temporary derangements in the form of Limit Breaks with the control effect. The Sidereal in the group ended up with the controlled Deliberate Cruelty. When they get to the lair of the big bad, they come across a torture chamber. This was just for flavor and not an important rule, but the Sidereal's player asked me if there were any torture pliers, and I said sure. He took and pocketed them.

At the end of the lair, they face the Big Boss, who ends up using that Necromancy spell that turns you into a "final form" (I think it's acronym was BOSS?) and it was a big epic fight. Well the Sidereal did this stunt where he pulls out the pliers and uses them as an improvised weapon to pull out on of the monsters enormous teeth and then stab it in the eye with it's own tooth. I was so impressed with the stunt using a tool the player picked up hours earlier as a role-playing moment and used it to be DELIBERATELY CRUEL in fighting this monster; I gave him a 3 point stunt, and this ended up being the deathblow for the boss.

A truly epic moment.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Oh you know, the usual. Yeddim. Chunks of Juggernaut's rotting flesh. Poisoned earing. Soup cup. Paper clip.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Other PCs is generally the classic.

One of my friend used Cascade of Cutting Terror with a guard.

My characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
          Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers, in a late 1e, early 2e DB game.

Comment

Lunar swordfish...

I'm making the Tales of Exalts webcomic
              http://xanroth.deviantart.com/galler...ales-of-exalts
              alchemical report http://xanroth.deviantart.com/galler...hemical-Report
              the fall http://xanroth.deviantart.com/gallery/55265686/the-fall

Comment

In emulation of the Chuck Norris joke of old, one of my Abyssals once plucked out one of his beard hairs and tried to skewer three men through the heart with it; sadly, due to bad dice rolls, he only managed it on two. :-/

Comment

In 2.5 our ST gave us each a custom charm based on something we did or fit our character. My Socializer had the ability to pull a paper fan out of his sleeve with a single word written on it (Disappointment, Flirt, etc...). Our Dawn got the ability to manifest a chandelier to swing on, errol flynn style, which he once dropped on the juggernaught that Mask of Winters uses to hold up his castle. our Zenith took a macguffin indestructible pillar and ripped it from the ground, put it on his shoulder and carried it back to the ship. When the DBs attacked us in the street, he two hand pillar smashed one of them- but not like a club or a bat. he used the pillar vertically and brought it straight down on the head of the DB like smooshing an ant with your finger. Also there's the one time i tricked a bunch of wyld hunt pirates into the hold of an air ship and then used it as a ram to end a siege by maxing out the engines and shoving a fan in the gears. it turns out priceless irreplacable artifacts of the first age make excellent explosives for the purpose of breaking a regular old stone wall

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

One time, one of my mortal players used a pot of simmering soup as a weapon when the party got ambushed on the trail. He used the hot liquid to blind and burn the enemies, then used the iron cookpot to break bones and crush skulls.

Of course, that was the dinner for the party, so once he did that they no longer had anything else to eat for that day other than trailbread, so the other characters were not nearly as chuffed as he was.

Comment

That reminds me, I need to use hardtack as an improvised weapon one of these days.

​One game session I made the stuff for the players, to make their sailing experience more "authentic."

​(I also served dry peas, salt pork, and grog.)
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 07-20-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        That reminds me, I need to use hardtack as an improvised weapon one of these days.

​One game session I made the stuff for the players, to make their sailing experience more "authentic."

​(I also served dry peas, salt pork, and grog.)

Dwarven bread can be used as a hammer, a club, a crowbar, armor, and furniture. In truly desperate times, you can even eat it

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

Dwarven bread can be used as a hammer, a club, a crowbar, armor, and furniture. In truly desperate times, you can even eat it

Discworld?

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                            Discworld?
                            If you ask me, actual hardtack is unpleasant enough; I don't think you need to go baking gravel into it or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              If you ask me, actual hardtack is unpleasant enough; I don't think you need to go baking gravel into it or whatever.

True, won't deny that fact.

But my doubt was related to Sorcerous Overlord's "dwarven bread" comment being a possible Discworld citation, if memory tricks me not.

Comment

Working...
                              X