Music Suite #2: Dreams of the Second Age Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Suite #2: Dreams of the Second Age Impressions

So what does everyone think of the new tracks for the Exalted 3rd Edition game? They are certainly more useful as a BGM than the first part so that's nice.
    Across the eight directions is the one I have listened to so far and I like the powerful transitions in that piece.
    I will probably add more impression as I listen to the pieces.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
    -Zhuangzi

Originally posted by Ostarion View Post
    So what does everyone think of the new tracks for the Exalted 3rd Edition game?
    The which now? What am I missing?
    [edit]Ah, a Core Book Kickstarter?
    Last edited by Greyman; 07-29-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

The similarities between the Wyld Hunt and Limit Break tracks were really interesting to me.

Comment

Yes, I think my favorite tracks are the Streets of Nexus and Traveling the Blessed Isle, they feel like they belong when actually played and used as such.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
        -Zhuangzi

Comment

Where can this music be found?

Comment

It's a backer reward for the 3rd Edition Core book Kickstarter from years ago, but it came out just yesterday. I think it's backer only at the moment, but if the 1st music suite is anything to go by it should be made available on the drivethru store eventually.

Comment

My favorite piece so far is In the Immaculate Dojo, and the track is messed up. It ends at 1:58 sounding like some tripped over the power cord of the turntable. Is it just me or is this everyone?

Edit: The Wild Hunt ends weird as well
              Last edited by Apromor; 07-29-2019, 01:59 PM.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apromor View Post
                My favorite piece so far is In the Immaculate Dojo, and the track is messed up. It ends at 1:58 sounding like some tripped over the power cord of the turntable. Is it just me or is this everyone?

Edit: The Wild Hunt ends weird as well
                I tested looping those two pieces. That is why they end strange. the weird end loops into the beginning of the same song.

So far I've enjoyed this set a lot. I have to give my favorites to Dreams of the First age and Exploring Creation.

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

The music suite is now freely available on the store!

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                    But not actually free, free.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

But not actually free, free.
                      That's weird, I actually did get it for free but now there is indeed a price on it. I know I didn't back the Core Book Kickstarter, and I don't remember the suite being a reward for the DB or Lunar KS, so I have no idea what happened there

Comment

It was free when I clicked it.

Comment

Hmm maybe someone messed up and forgot to put the price on it at first?

Anyways back on topic - while not all of the tracks do it for me most are pretty great. My favorites are the darker ones - Into the Shadowlands, The Demon City, and Limit Break

Comment

Oh, I'm definitely enjoying this.

Comment

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone! A lot of heart and soul and sheer work went into these tracks so it’s very rewarding to read that people are enjoying them!

Comment

Working...
                              X