OK that's it. Fuck the format.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK that's it. Fuck the format.

I just spent an hour typing out an entire essay on how you can use terrestrial sorcery in space. And I lost it. Why? Cause the webpage posted it way too slowly, and I turned off the computer before it finished. Now the data's lost, and i'm going to have to take another hour.

Why the hell is it so slow, and why does my computer keep on shouting that this site is 'not secure'?

Works fine for me.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

I always get 'stuck' when i press Post, it always work to simply press F5 and refresh the page and boom, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        I just spent an hour typing out an entire essay on how you can use terrestrial sorcery in space. And I lost it. Why? Cause the webpage posted it way too slowly, and I turned off the computer before it finished. Now the data's lost, and i'm going to have to take another hour.

Why the hell is it so slow, and why does my computer keep on shouting that this site is 'not secure'?

I notice the occasional slowness, especially when posting, but not to degree you described.

Your browser complaining about the site being 'not secure' is because the site is not using HTTPS. HTTPS uses the SSL/TLS protocol to provide a secure connection, which is both encrypted and authenticated. If I remember correctly, they tried switching it to https and ran into a lot of problems which effectively broke the site and they didn't have access to the resources that would have been needed to pursue a solution so they switched it back to non-https. If you are concerned, I would primarily make sure that you don't use your password for this site anywhere else (which is sound advice regardless).

Comment

Did you have lost of links in your post? One of the anti-spam features triggers pretty easily if there are a ton of links to make sure bots don’t overwhelm the site. It doesn’t trigger if you edit the links in afterwards.

Either way, if you are making a lengthy post, I’d advise writing it in Google Docs first so you don’t lose it if something glitches.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            Did you have lost of links in your post? One of the anti-spam features triggers pretty easily if there are a ton of links to make sure bots don’t overwhelm the site. It doesn’t trigger if you edit the links in afterwards.

Either way, if you are making a lengthy post, I’d advise writing it in Google Docs first so you don’t lose it if something glitches.
            How many is lots?

Comment

How many is lots?
              I don’t actually know what the threshold is. It might be as low as three or four.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I believe it depends on how many link to the same place, and/or certain websites over others.

Comment

Yeah, it was caught in the spam filter.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                  Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                    Yeah, it was caught in the spam filter.
                    Any way to retrieve it?

Comment

Happens sometimes... At this point I learned to, whenever I want to be long-winded, write on a local editor and copy it into the board. Sucks, but there isn't much to be done about it.

Comment

Any way to retrieve it?
                        I already did.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                        Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

I have a long, long habit of just copying any sort of forum post to clipboard before posting. Just a thought!

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Yeah, I do that sometimes. The forum used to do this annoying thing where it would reset while I was writing, though it doesn't anymore.

My characters:
                            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post

I already did.
                              Yeah!!1

*hugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X