Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do exalted with to many wyld mutations become incapable of living in creation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do exalted with to many wyld mutations become incapable of living in creation?

I just happened to find this ruled of book of celestial directions : the wyld. Really wish it were in the core rulebook. It doesn't say if it applies to exalts so i assume it does, right?

Also,do non solars/infernals/abyssals have a way of removing wyld mutations? Aside from wyld questing that is. Cause being forced to remain in the wyld could be REALLY debilitating for casteless lunars, for obvious reaons

Get a Solar to use Order affirming blow on them?

Comment

I assume this is about 2nd ed?

2nd ed Lunars have ways to prevent getting mutations, and can give themselves mutations to cancel the effects of an opposite mutation (for example, if your skin turns orange, turn it brown, or if you get the Huge mutation, give yourself Tiny). But that's not always a solution. When my Casteless Lunar got amnesia, there was no give-yourself-back-memories mutation.

It should be noted though, in terms of being stuck in the Wyld, it's only Wyld mutations that count, I believe. Not Lunar mutations, not Infernal mutations, etc. So being a Casteless Lunar in the Wyld isn't going to get you stuck any more than being a Dragonblood or Sidereal in the Wyld (and actually, you have better anti-mutation protection charms).
      There is the issue that limit-breaking in the Wyld gives you permanent limit, but that's an entirely separate issue.

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        I assume this is about 2nd ed?

2nd ed Lunars have ways to prevent getting mutations, and can give themselves mutations to cancel the effects of an opposite mutation (for example, if your skin turns orange, turn it brown, or if you get the Huge mutation, give yourself Tiny). But that's not always a solution. When my Casteless Lunar got amnesia, there was no give-yourself-back-memories mutation.

It should be noted though, in terms of being stuck in the Wyld, it's only Wyld mutations that count, I believe. Not Lunar mutations, not Infernal mutations, etc. So being a Casteless Lunar in the Wyld isn't going to get you stuck any more than being a Dragonblood or Sidereal in the Wyld (and actually, you have better anti-mutation protection charms).
        There is the issue that limit-breaking in the Wyld gives you permanent limit, but that's an entirely separate issue.
        Yes i know, non-wyld mutations do not count.

I am just wondering if the ones that are of the wyld prevent the exalted from surviving in creation. I assume that this is the case given that no book makes a distinction, and that even gods can be prevented from living in creation

It does create a big slippery slope for Lunars. Turns out assuming that Lunars with too many wyld mutations are close to becoming chimerae is not such a wrong idea. Even if someone's permanent limit is low, if he can only stay in the wyld...

Comment

I think the idea is that since the wyld is less "real" than creation, having a bunch of wyld mutations also makes you less "real". Or perhaps that your anatomy becomes so outlandish that outside the wyld's "anything goes" reality your body just physically doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post

It does create a big slippery slope for Lunars. Turns out assuming that Lunars with too many wyld mutations are close to becoming chimerae is not such a wrong idea. Even if someone's permanent limit is low, if he can only stay in the wyld...
            Sure, but my point is that, while Casteless Lunars are more likely to have to hide in the Wyld than Dragonblood or Sidereals, they're less likely to get Wyld mutations in the first place. My Casteless went into the Wyld a number of times, sometimes for a month at a time, and he only got 2pts of Wyld mutations (green hair, tiny 3-fingered handprints all over his skin). He got 6pts of mutations from being Casteless (fur, feathers, and a max-strength derangement of retrograde amnesia) and gave himself 2pts of mutations with Lunar charms (brown skin, black hair). But while he had 10pts of mutations, only 2 were from the Wyld, so it was fine. Any other mutations in the Wyld he just bounced off with Laughing in the Teeth of Madness.
            Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 08-02-2019, 08:35 AM.

My characters:
            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
            Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Sure, but my point is that, while Casteless Lunars are more likely to have to hide in the Wyld than Dragonblood or Sidereals, they're less likely to get Wyld mutations in the first place. My Casteless went into the Wyld a number of times, sometimes for a month at a time, and he only got 2pts of Wyld mutations.

But that's all based off the number of times they shapechange without tattoos, isn't it?

Comment

Shapeshifting can give casteless Lunars mutations.

But not Wyld mutations. It's only Wyld mutations that get you stuck in the Wyld. (I believe)

I got 6pts of mutations from shapeshifting, but only 2pts from Wyld exposure.

My characters:

Comment

Personally I would view it as your body treating creation as a hostile environment. Get resistance and survival charms, and you're set.

Comment

Working...
                  X