No announcement yet.

An example of a 5-dot dragonsigh wand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An example of a 5-dot dragonsigh wand?

Four minutes in; the forum doesn't allow time-coded embedding.

The woman's combat abilities revolve entirely around her weapon, which completely defines the battle, even to the point of redefining the battlefield.

As an artifact, this weapon is more like Cathedral of Sublime Annihilation than like other warstriders, where the Evocations represent different devices and subweapons built into the main weapon.

Fire energy projectiles.

Fill the area with energy projectiles.

Fire a grappling hook out of the weapon's rear end as a special disengage action, which can take you straight up. Lets you hang in mid-air without falling, allowing you to shoot anyone on the ground from the safety of vertical range bands of distance even if they're in the same horizontal range band.

When you're not repelling backwards or firing energy projectiles, channel the energies out of the thruster in the back to fly forwards, potentially ramming your opponent with the enormous barrel of your weapon, or disengaging by flying past them.

Laser.

The Floor Is Now Lava.

Grenades.

Instead of firing energy or flying with energy, use the energy to create a forcefield, out of which you can shoot the grenades. The grenades can be thrown right back through your shield, though.

Disco-Ball of Doom.The ultimate Evocation which combines many of the previous Evocations, especially the forcefield, the one that fills the area with energy projectiles, and possibly both the grenades and the grappling hook.
    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 08-10-2019, 01:28 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Wouldn’t something like that be more of an unique N/A rather than 5 dot artefact ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
      Wouldn’t something like that be more of an unique N/A rather than 5 dot artefact ?
      Why do you think so?

Comment

Looks like a nice ranged version of Volcano Cutter (Fire Artifact specialized in fighting battle groups which can turn the floor into lava). Some adaptations might be needed to make it technologically appropriate for Creation but otherwise it does feel like a 5 dot to me (powerful enough to be its own combat tree and to define a character's legend, but doesn't flout the conventions of the settings).

Comment

I agree, five-dot seems appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Why do you think so?
            It just seems like something this complex and unique is a lost wonder of the first age rather than simply a generic 5 star artefact , but it’s really up to your ST.

Comment

It just seems like something this complex and unique is a lost wonder of the first age rather than simply a generic 5 star artefact , but it’s really up to your ST.
              All artifacts are "unique", and having multiple Simple-type Charms doesn't make it uniquely complex.

Comment

First Age Artifice maybe. Wonder if essence cannons are coming back.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                Many Limbed Manual
                Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Generic 5 dot artifacts are not a thing in 3rd edition.

Comment

It just seems like something this complex and unique is a lost wonder of the first age
                    So a Lvl 5 First Age Artifice Artefact.

Which means you are going to need 5 dots in craft: Weaponsmithing, 5 dots in Craft: Artefact, 5 dots in Craft: First Age Artefact, and Terrestrial Sorcery, IIRC. That seems enough to me. 5 dot weapons can turn battle groups to stone, destroy a city with a magic storm, kill someone and make the entire world forget they ever existed, etc. That's a lot already.

My characters:
                    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      So a Lvl 5 First Age Artifice Artefact.
                      It's not even that. It's not something setting-breaking like a flying ship or a giant robot armor suit.

It's a dragonsigh wand. Those are explicitly not sorcerous artifice.

Does this weapon really strike people as more intense than Stormcaller or Volcano Cutter? It's just another 5-dot artifact, and there aren't that many Exalted who are capable and willing to go to the effort to make such things.

Comment

A 5 dot artifact is a 5 dot artifact whether it was made with Craft Magitech First Age Artfice or not.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Yeah definitely five dot. N/A artifacts are things that change the course of history. Like the Five Metal Shrike, the Key of White Flame, the Eye of Autocthon, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X